Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast
      Hey guys ! finally the car is running perfectly sequential fuel injection and COP ignition, I share my settings, it works incredibly well for E85 without knocking ( base intial timing is 10 and 32 total for standard gasoline ) and I will auto tune the VE table this WE feel free to ask me some questions

MS3-Pro EVO is really a good ECU and customer service is perfect !

next step will be how to fine tune for running flex fuel with table bleeding and switching, over-run fuel cut settings, kncok sensor settings...Etc

and last big buy soon, the Speedtech chicane full floater axle with their torque arm sway bar and a 3-piece hollow sway bar for the front end

about the AFR table, it's seems a bit rich above 105kpa but there is a difference of 0.5to 1 point AFR between the target AFR and the true AFR, so I've set it as shown to achieve about 12-12.5 AFR, the boost with 5 psi springs go up to about 7 psi springs ( 150 kpa )

Hey everyone ! Unfortunatly for me the guy who sold me the 4 speed nascar gear box 3 years ago lied to me so it's just a weak super T-10 that will not hold a long time the new torque generated by the turbos !

so next week I will order the Speedtech full floater axle with a wavetrac diff and a 3.50 gear ratio and later I will be compelled to order a new transmission, my choice is the TKO-600 Xtrem rated at 950ft/lbs with a 0.64 final ratio, so at 81 mph ( 130 kph in France ) the rpm will be lowered from 3300 with the 4 speed to 2350 with the 5 speed trany and mpg will be increase and max speed too at about 210mph at 6000rpm.

I'm not interested by a t-56 magnum cause it's too heavy and I don't want to spend my time to shift

about priming and cranking pulse, these new settings work better at cold start close to 0°C, for priming pulse I can't go above 65ms and for cranking pulse it seems to be fine for the moment, maybe still increase a bit under 20°C

hello Guys ! several good news today, with Speedtech Performance I will finalize and order the new Chicane full floater axle next week, I choose a wavetrac diff, ZR1 race hubs with wheel speed sensors, I will unlock the launch control option with the MS3-Pro EVO ECU, rear end ratio will be 3.25, the torque arm sway bar and finally I will buy a T56 magnum close ratio, I don't care the max speed but I want the 2nd and third gear be streetable and at 81 mph ( max speed on french highway ) the rpm will drop from 3300 with the 4 speed trany to about 2200 with the T56.

about the engine, it's running like a champ at 7.4psi of boost (always with 5 psi springs ) and ethanol, with some maths I can estimate the new power from 470 to 500 bhp. Yesterday I've ssen a video from Motor trend episode 26 : "How much boost can a stock engine take" they put 24 psi of boost on a stock 350 sbc and it was still alive ! 14 psi of boost with 30 degre of timing and 118 octane fuel,I love what they do ! I will try witout changing the piston ring end gap.

https://www.motortrendondemand.com/d...e-/0_tdqd27lw/

now I will try 9.5 psi of boost ( 7 psi spring ) and finally 14 psi of boost ( 7 + 5 psi spring ) and see what happen, with E85 at 7 psi of boost it works really well with 34 degree of timing, now I have 37° total timing, start to remove timing at 4psi of boost by 1.5° per 10 kpa ( 1° per 1 psi ) and 26.5° at 100kpa of boost, if it works I think it will go over 600hp

here is one example of log, the self learning does his job really well, now in cruse the difference between the target AFR and real AFR is 0.0-0.1 and in boost situation less than 0.4.

rpm 5490
      fuel consuption 258.6L/h
      34.5° total timing
      148.8 kpa
      12 AFR
      MAT 77°F
      water temp 185°F
      130% VE
      7.4 psi of boost

with 0.85 theorical BSFC, we can etimate about 475bhp

on the VE table, the 180-210 kpa area is not already tuned and the area between 600-1800 rpm form 120 to 210 kpa is completly wrong but we don't care it's not used

Country Flag: United States
      Good to see someone other than myself with a 4spd, traditional V8 and Megasquirt efi. Nice!

Thx ! yes even if LS engines are so efficient I still love traditional v8 and now with the Banks turbo kit I can't change for a LS engine. and MS efi works really well, no issues for the moment !

500hp done !! I've not added boost ( too much risks to burn the pistons without modifying piston ring end gap ) but only 1° of timing and I think that last degree added was the trigger to go above 500hp

last log shown

AFR 12.2
      VE 1.28
      6.6 psi of boost
      5265 rpm
      MAT 62.6°F

with BSFC between 0.80-0.85, we can estimate power between 435-460hp only at 70% of throttle, still no detonation but I wil not go further.

Good idea to not go further. Which T10 do you have? The 2.43-2.88 gear sets are fairly strong T0’s.

Ever consider a G-Force Tex Racing T10? They ain’t cheap...
      http://www.texracing.com/t10.html

I've bought this T10 from a friend who is not a friend anymore now cause I've always asked him a proof about the caractheristic of that transmission but never had it, a big story....it was supposed to be built by Gibbs Racing and hold 970ft/lbs of torque, because I can't know if it's true or not, I will change the transmission and would like now an overdrive to increase mpg cause I often drive long trip with that car.

do G-force offer 4 speed with overdrive ?

now to be as accurate as possible with the ignition table, I'v set the max kpa to 160

Quote Originally Posted by berdunord View Post
      I've bought this T10 from a friend who is not a friend anymore now cause I've always asked him a proof about the caractheristic of that transmission but never had it, a big story....it was supposed to be built by Gibbs Racing and hold 970ft/lbs of torque, because I can't know if it's true or not, I will change the transmission and would like now an overdrive to increase mpg cause I often drive long trip with that car.

do G-force offer 4 speed with overdrive ?

now to be as accurate as possible with the ignition table, I'v set the max kpa to 160

All the G-Force transmissions are 1:1 final gear ratio.

I’m not one that is a fan of the “Overdrive” label. It’s all a matter of gear ratio application. You can effectively chase an “OD” gear ratio by using a numerically low rear gear ratio and higher gear ratio in the transmission. With a turbo setup like yours, you may find it beneficial to keep the lower rear end gear ratio and have longer time in between shifts so that you can stay in the boost range. Turbos like load from what I’ve learned from others using turbochargers.

yes agree with you about keeping the lower rear end gear ratio but even with a 3.00 gear ratio, rpm will not drop below 3000 and I really want to improve mpg, In France we have no autocross event ....Etc like you, if it was the case I would have kept a 4 speed trany but I like to travel so the 6 speed is better now for my application. I don't take the wide ratio cause the rpm will be too low and I'm not sure about increasing mpg with a too low rpm cruising and the four 1st gear are too close and I don't take a 3.00 gear ratio cause I've a spot at 2000 rpm where the mufllers are making more noise I can't explain why.

today I've finally ordered the Speedtech Extreme 9" full floater axle , ZR1 race hub with wheel speed sensors, wavetrac diff, 3.25 ratio and the torque arm rear sway bar

next month we will know exactly how many HP the engine is producing, I'm going to the dyno the 24th of february, for the moment I'm testing the 7psi wastegate springs ( maybe it will go up to 9.5 psi of boost ), log not done yet but it looks the engine likes it.

and here is my last ignition table, I will not touch it anymore before the dyno test.

10 psi of boost that is AWESOME ! I'm boost addict

power estimated with the following log, MAT 12.7°C = 54°F and CLT 75 °C = 167 °F and ambiant temp : 48°F

73.2% duty cycle with 88lbs injectors

0.90 BSFC : 540hp

0.80 BSFC : 610hp

here we are, numbers falls, 677 hp at 5400 rpm 670 ft/lbs at 5200 rpm, only 8.8 psi of boost ( 600RWHP 600RWft/lbs )

here is a facebook link with pics and video and final ignition settings, I don't touch it anymore !

https://youtu.be/B4axjoESh68

https://www.facebook.com/Powerconcept/

Hello Guys ! several good news today, now the ECU is well tuned, I can give you some numbers about the fuel consumption with E85

at idle about 4.7L/h and at 2100 rpm at 31 mph about 10-12l/h, I will be able soon to give you mpg numbers but there are really good numbers for E85, it's even better than fuel consumption with the Fitech and sp98 ( 93 octane )

I've ordered a dakotat digital HDX instrument, soon a T56 magnum stage 2 from Bowler transmission and an ISIS intelligent multiplex system from Infinitybox

and finally I will order a full TMI interior and built my own 4 or 6 point roll cage with 1-5/8 4130 chromoly tubing

Wiring Diagram to connect MS3-Pro EVO to ISIS intelligent multiplex system

https://infinitybox.com/wiring/ms3pro-evo-ecu/

several good news today ! ISIS multiplex system sent and Dutchman/Speedtech full floater axle received, awaiting for the rear end accessories and the T56 that will arrive soon, a lot of good work for next weeks !

hey guys ! some news today

the Speedtech chicane full floater axle is installed with the torque arm sway bar and 250lbs springs for my ridetech TQ coilovers, that axle with the wavetrac differential is really a very good upgrade, we can feel that the 2 wheels are sticking the road all time even at low or no load.

I've removed all the interior of the car, begin a custom built 6-point roll cage with 4130 chromoly tubing, replaced the original transmission tunnel by the Speedtech t-56 tunnel cover fully TIG welded, really easy to install !

I will change my wheel from 18 to 19" concave Japan racing JR28, with that wheels I think I will be able to fit the huge corvette ZR1 15.5"/15" carbon ceramic rotors with Brembo calipers.

I can't wait to install my new Bowler T-56 stage 2 but I'm hesitating now to change my long bloc to something stronger and go to about 1000hp.

I'm rebuiling my brake line with 3AN braided SS line, an Hydratech Hydroboost unit and SSBC proportionning valves with Wilwood residual valves and bought a GPS autoradio 6.2" screen

this is 45 x 2.5mm ( about 1-3/4x 0.1" ) 4130 chromoly tubing, first welding at 70 amp, 2nd welding at 80 amp

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com