Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
      Little update today

Tomorrow and next week with a friend we will build 2 molds to build a 1 piece fiberglass spoiler and a bumper. As they are unique the goal will be to build fiberglass and carbon fiber parts for sale if some guys are interested.

About my turbos, finally I will change my T4/T61 for G30-770 a/r 1.01 full v-band instead of gtx3582r gen 2 and build new exhaust headers to relocate them

Here is the 1st step, apply mold release wax then fiberglass and wait it to dry. Tomorrow and next days I will add fiberglass to have a 1/4" thick mold.

If we succed to have a good result with a good quality front spoiler and bumper, I will build them for sale

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by berdunord View Post
      Here is the 1st step, apply mold release wax then fiberglass and wait it to dry. Tomorrow and next days I will add fiberglass to have a 1/4" thick mold.

If we succed to have a good result with a good quality front spoiler and bumper, I will build them for sale

Good idea Bernardo on building molds to sell them. Your car spoiler has evolved and looking killer. Can't wait to build a pro touring spoiler for mine but I'll wait until she's at least running and driving a bit before i start that.
      Keep it up.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Thx a lot Jason, it would be a great achievement for me a little french guy if I could sell parts to the USA guys because they like it !

Quote Originally Posted by berdunord View Post
      Thx a lot Jason, it would be a great achievement for me a little french guy if I could sell parts to the USA guys because they like it !
      Make one for my first gen and I'll buy it LOL
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

If I had a 1st gen camaro yes I would have built one

Hi everyone,

My 1st mold of the front bumper almost done, need to drill the OE holes to bolt the bumper and build it a bit thicker and I will begin the mold of the front spoiler.

To finish the year with a nice touch, just ordered a pair of billet hood hinges from CVF. Can't wait to install them.

And a Happy new year to everyone !

https://www.cvfracing.com/70-81-camaro-hood-hinges/

1st mold of the front bumper done ! Just need to polish the interior to build a bumper with a perfect flat surface. Now I can build a carbon fiber and/or fiberglass bumper.

Awesome I'm Bernardo. So obviously you got to build carbon fiber bumpers for your car and to sell!
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Front spoiler looks good! I'm doing a similar thing making the 3pc 80Z spoiler 1pc fiberglass and adding a splitter.
      Have you given any thought to a side splitter? The rocker shape makes the transition to the 80Z rear wheel spoiler a bit awkward, and I've gotta work through it.

Thx a lot !

Yes I ll try with carbon fiber, never thought the fiberglass was so light so the carbon fiber wil be a good choice cause it's even stronger.

What do you mean about a side splitter ?

Finally I have nice hood hinges that hold the hood open. CVF build nice products ! Just miss now a good quality hood, this one sucks...

Next step before building the 2nd mold for the spoiler will be to upgrade my fuel line. With 3 walbro 535lph that flows about 300 gph at 100psi at 13.5v I need to increase the fuel line diameter, -8an being too small I made the choice to split my fuel line in 2x -8an hoses instead of 1x -10an line.

Reasons :

because building a complete new -10an line is more expensive than splitting my existing line

Fuel will be cooler in 2 lines than in 1

Fuel will be better filtered with 2 seperate lines and fuel filter will last longer

And because I like aeroquip brand and they don't have -10an ptfe racing hose.

So I will split the line just after the fuel pumps with a Y fitting, there will have 2 fuel filters and 2 one way check valves then the 2 lines will go on each rails and back to the FPR

Let the mold of the spoiler begin. I ve lowered it a bit on the side next to the wheel and add a splitter that will be integrated with the spoiler to build a 1 piece part.

Thinking about side and rear splitters ....later

That splitter looks awesome
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Thx a lot !

Bernardo
      Your relentless lol. That car is bitchin in every way. I like how you drive it, photograph it, and then tear back into it to make it better.
      Keep rocking.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Thx a lot Jason !

I ve contacted a society specialized on composite material to know which type of carbon would be the best to build exterior car parts because it needs to handle vibrations and high speed wind

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com