Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast
      Closed system done with -10an hose on pcv side and -12an hose on breather side. Because the M/E Wagner pcv valve is adjustable, I ll be able to compensate the small amount of pressure generated by the turbo on a closed system and if it's not enought I ll change the hose diameter, bigger on breather side to avoid pressure inside the crankcase and smaller on pcv side to pull more air inside the intake. I don't want oil smell inside the car and want a clean valve cover all the time.

started engine yesterday to see if something changed with the closed system, yes I needed to tune the pcv valve again a bit. No need to change hose diameter and the throttle response is incredible ! Way better than without the pcv valve. And finally I don't need a one way check valve, the M/E Wagner pcv valve can handle up to 30psi of boost.

the VE table has changed too, I had to add fuel everywhere because of the new small amount of air added by the pcv valve.

I'm installing the nose, aligment are good.

Later maybe in winter when I'll change the rear main seal I will cut the front subframe where the engine is sitting to replace it by a chromoly tubing welded on plates and bolted below the oil pan. The goal is to be able to remove the oil pan without moving the engine, everything has to stay in place.

original power window wiring boots not avaible anywhere so I've replaced it by a rack and pinion boot, it works.

I love the anvil auto front RS bumperettes so I'm trying to modify the front bumper to look more agressive and cool ! it's a try for the moment, if I don't like it after painting it black maybe I'll modify it again later

https://youtu.be/0P3yrh3dQQ4

I'll modify the bumper again I don't like the way it looks below even far from the car

Country Flag: Canada
      Did you have to machine the apex wheels bolt pattern to fit the hubs?

No even with the Et ultra lug nuts from gorilla, it fits without machining anything, the bolt hole is 16mm diameter

better now !

this is better like that, for passenger side I'll try 1" longer to see how it looks

this is way better like that !

front bumper allmost finished, still a bit of hammer shots and it will be good for sanding and paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kOk...dLWVGV5fDC_lr4

After contacting Dart to know the reasons that could have the rear main seal failed, he recommands me to use a vacuum pump to generate vacuum inside the crankcase to counter the boost produced by the turbos.

Mechanical vacuum pump are expensive andthere is no more room inside my engine bay to install it so I've bought an electric vacuum pump from Hella originaly designed to create about 30 ingh of vacuum for brake boosters.

I've read some articles and it seems there are a lot of advantages to run a vacuum pump but not more than 15 ingh that is the safe limit before having problems with oil pressure. That's why I bought a volt regulator to run the pump at the % I want to reach 15 ingh

Country Flag: United States
      Not unheard of, and the vacuum pump will likely solve the problem. Mechanical pumps, however, are cheap and getting cheaper, as all those DOD engines GM is putting out has one to maintain braking power because when DOD is on the engines don't generate enough vacuum to keep the brakes working. My 2015 Tahoe has one that I originally thought was an air pump for the emissions. Course, that doesn't solve your real estate problem as well as the electric pump does, but I thought I'd post it up as an alternative for folks that do have the room. The new engines that can run on as few as one cylinder will need an even stronger vacuum pump than ones like mine that only shuts down 4 cylinders.

You'll want an oil separator on that electric pump to keep it from getting clogged over time.

Yes I will use an oil catch can that I've bought by error cause I did not know there was an hp rating on mishimoto catch can. With a T fitting and a one way check valve after the T.

I don't know if I will need to tune the pcv valve again.

But the rear main seal will be replaced.

Tested on the engine, it does not work, I think the pump is too small, good for 3/8 line diameter but not bigger. I have to a bigger pump

I don't know how you say that, I'm cutting the motor crossmember to replace it by a removable bolted crossmember. I don't want to remove the engine anymore just to remove the oil pan or replace the rear main seal for example.

Keep up the good work Bernard in france!
      Car looks BTB
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Thanks a lot Jason

Looking great! One thing I would suggest though is re-routing that crank sensor wiring because that steering rod moves back and forth. Kinda asking for trouble there.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Thanks a lot.

Don't worry about the crank wires, they are far from everything mouving, I've just rout them as you see not to cut them with the saber saw

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com