Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast
      thanks Jay, yes it was not really expensive

today I've compared 3 known brands of Big brake kits who offer 380mm ( 15" ) that should theoricaly fit my new APEX EC-7 18x9" wheels ET31 ( that was the closest offset to match with my last wheels + a 6 to 8mm spacer)

with the help of all templates from the 3 brands we can say now that

Wilwood can't fit it because of the caliper design, SR6X big brake or AERO 6 15"

Stoptech 380x35mm can fit with a 10mm spacer, I've planed to put a 6-8mm spacer, maybe 10mm would be ok, I'll sse it when the outer fender will be in place.

Stoptech 380x32mm can fit with a 6mm spacer

AP Racing Road brake 380x36mm kit can't fit, caliper too large

AP Racing Radical competition 372x34mm kit fits perfectly with the 6mm spacer and maybe without spacer, I did not look at this.

my question is now : which brand do you think is the best for 90% street/strip use and 10% road racing and circuit : Stoptech or AP Racing ?

I don't find a lot of information about Stoptech brakes but AP Racing looks great

https://www.essexparts.com/essex-des...mm-c6-corvette

received today the new 15 mm wheel spacer for rear ( I've planned a 14mm spacer with that apex 19 x10.5 ET22 was the closest offset compare to my last wheel ), it's a 72.56 outside and inside diameter so I was able to fit the 70.3 to 72.56 hubcentric ring and all fits perfect, awaiting for the gorilla ET/Ultra lug nut with a 1/2 shank

last work I never did but usefull for the futur is a floor access door for the fuel pumps and sender.

floor access door finished, just need to weld some bolts under the trunk to screw the door in inside the trunk

about the 18" EC-7 wheels, some 380mm kits don't fit because of the corvette hat offset. EC-7 wheels can fit about everry 380mm kits with a BMW hat or an original 2nd gen camaro spindle and rear axle. photo below we can see the AP-Racing 380mm kit for c6 corvette and BMW, corvette hat offset is 0.290, BMW hat offset is 0.750, 2nd gen camaro hat offset is 1.620

as shown on the 3 last photos, the wheel is flat inside and without spacer the wilwood SR6X kit for corvette c6 don't fit, last photo with a 16mm spacer the same kit fits

the problem can be solved by ordering a corvette kit with a custom caliper braket with corvette bolt pattern and bmw offset and a bmw hat or a bmw kit with a custom caliper braket if nothing touch the spindle.

before spending a lot of money on new bigger brakes, I've just ordered 2 pairs of polymatrix B pads to see the difference between the BP-10 that are offered by Wilwood as base pad on all kits.

later I'll order 2 pairs of 14" rotors to replace the 13.06", the only difference between the 13" and 14" forged narrow superlite kits from wilwood are the size of the rotor and the bolt length that hold the caliper those can be replaced and avaible on summit website

it's been a long time I did not see my engine in the car !

bought a pair of srp 14" discs from a seller here, just need to buy the other pair for front brakes nex month and it's good !

Country Flag: United States
      Been reading your thread,, pretty cool!
      Tom

thx a lot Tom !

I think you can fit a 400mm brake kit on these 19" APEX wheels

Ordered today the other pair of 355x32mm rotors for front found on sport conpact warehouse website about $100 cheaper than summit. And all harware needed to replace my 330mm rotors on Jegs website

Can t wait to receive all that stuff and drive again !

happy to hear the engine running again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y8m...FT6W9sHKOX0jLs

Hey Bernardo North of France.
      Love to see the foreign to the US motor heads rides. Looking fantastic
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Yes Tankmaster, we are a lot of guys to love US muscle cars in France, live and share our passion. shame we have too much forbiddings about modifying cars....Etc french politicians don't like cars....

I love those wheels!!

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Yes they fit great with the white and finally anthracite Grey is better than satin black, it would have had too much black.

And finally with those wheels I wonder if 19" front would have been nice too.

Doors are not aligned for the moment

I'm just a bit disappointed that style lines on the rear fenders are not perfect.

doors and front fenders aligned, that is not easy !

and the final touch

Now hopefully they line up with the hood. That is a never ending battle lol. Car looks good

Very inspiring build !!
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

thanks a lot guys !

today I just had the time to install one 14" disc and polymatrix B pads, this WE all discs will be installed, it looks better.

with those wheels and 8mm spacer to have the correct offset, I have almost 3/4" clearance between the cailper and the wheel

a bigger caliper would be nice too !

Several news today I ve bought an adjustable pcv valve from M/E Wagner with an idle screw and a cruise screw. The goal is to reduce the oil leak on the rear main seal by reducing the crankcase pressure and maybe to create a vacuum. It's a bit difficult to explain so here is the link

http://mewagner.com/?p=444

I fit it with a mishimoto oil catch can, 5/8 hoses and a one way check valve. For the moment the other side has just a breather, I ll see later if I need an other catch can if there is blowby.

This winter I will change the rear main seal.

2nd new I went wrong with my front wheel offset cause I believed

backspacing = wheel width÷2 + offset

but it's backspacing = wheel width÷2 + offset + 1/2"

Why adding 1/2 ?

So my front wheels are 16mm too inside of the fender compared to my last wheels.

So I've 2 choices : or buy a 15mm spacer

Or sell those wheels and buy 19x9.5 22 offset with 285-30 tires cause I ve tried the 19" rear wheels on front and it looks killer !

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/ti...et-calculators

https://www.willtheyfit.com

It's ok I ve found why we need to add 1/2, just because the BS is measured from the edge of rim instead of the offset depend of the wheel width and centerline that does not include the edge of rim...

The adjustable pcv valve works ! It has drasticaly reduced the oil leak.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com