Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast
      thanks a lot !

yes everyone is working here even pets else no food lol

a friend has bought my wheels so I will order the new APEX EC-7 soon and finally decided to go to 275 35 18 front and 305 30 19 rear cause I wanted to have a bit wider tires and did not find a correct size in 18" for rear wheels. I find 19" wheels on rear pretty nice but too big for front.

after 3 coats of primer, still a wet sanding with 600 sandpaper and go to paint ! wheels and tires ordered finally anthracite grey cause 0 stock in satin black color for 19" wheels

everything ready for painting next week exept the Hood that I need to work on it again because of 1 line not beautiful

good

bad

better now

Country Flag: United States
      You've made some nice progress, the black parts came out nice. When I was a kid in the 70's you could have cleared that multi colored hood and had an expensive looking paint job. lol The parts are looking great.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Thanks a lot Wayne. Was a paint so expensive in 70s ?
      About the black parts, I don t know if a satin varnish is required or not to protect them.
      A question please about the hood : when I drew the lines and took measurments, i ve seen that the cowl induction is not centered from 5mm, is it normal or just a bad quality fiberglass hood ?

I'd say if it's fiberglass it's probably just a variance. You could probably measure all fiberglass hoods and get different measurements. 5mm I don't think anyone would ever know. For the black yes I would put a clear over them. Much easier to maintain that way

ok thanks

better now, tomorrow 400 and 600 wet sanding, finish the air ducts and go to painting. Next week I'll receive my new wheels and I'll change the return line from -6 to -8an to have a fuel line supporting up too 1300-1400hp with the 2 535lph walbro fuel pumps.

I agree with thumper on both questions. As far as paint cost in the 70's I had my 69 Z stripped painted in lacquer a mural of the grim reaper and a tree with head stones of other car brands cut and buffed and reassembled for $400 Today that might pay for the prep materials.lol
      Wayne

ok thanks, what £400 in 70s represent today ? a base 70 camaro for ex, how much did it cost in 70s ?

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      I agree with thumper on both questions. As far as paint cost in the 70's I had my 69 Z stripped painted in lacquer a mural of the grim reaper and a tree with head stones of other car brands cut and buffed and reassembled for $400 Today that might pay for the prep materials.lol
      Wayne u can tell use about that cool mural without pics lol

In the 70s u could buy a pretty nice used camaro any year for a couple grand

ok, yes Wayne give us some picts please.

so $400 in 70s was a bit expensive

hood finally finished ! and I'll receive the wheels probably tuesday next week

400 was average back then , and it was a nice job. The guy that did it was Steve Prock spelling ?? Him and my buddy Joe Jennings were the hot painters. Unfortunately I’m terrible about taking pictures. I don’t even have one of it with the mural. In fact the only three pictures I have my cousin took because I was parked next to his charger. Which made the mural on my car look like stick figures.
      The car was midnight blue with a single stripe over the l88 hood and center of the trunk. And spoiler. With pearl colors like floating over the white . There was a dead tree on a hill no leaves a couple of small bats hanging with the grim reaper standing over a cemetery with head stones with Ford , Dodge Hemi and a few of my friends names on the stones.
      Wayne

in fact it was a halloween painting lol

Air vents finished, they will be white cause I don't want to see them on the hood.
      All black parts will be protected with a diamond UHS clearcoat from UPOL.

https://www.all4auto.fr/upol-s2081ev...iamant-1l.html

happy to see some parts finally painted and know thta everything will be paint by the end of the week.

wheels received with the custom delrin/acetal hubcentric rings and the Gorilla ET/ULTRA lug nuts, it fits perfect. can't wait to see it on the road

fuel line finished, -8an diameter on return line now and a parallel setup to avoir any retriction because of the flex fuel sensor even if at 1000lph of flow there is 5psi of loss only, I don't want any restriction.

Looks great. I like the white with black trim. Nice

Thanks a lot.

paint finally finished

I Googled it, $400 in 1975 is about $1920 today. So, that was pretty cheap compared to today, where a full on decent paint job probably starts at $3200 (at Maaco) or more at a reputable place.

Jay

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com