Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast
      Can't do better.

Received the rear window defroster kit, looks great and easy to install.

sanding with 80 120 180 240 400 800 1200 2000 then sanding by hand at 2000 and polishing, about 4hours to do that and this is still not perfect....

here are the services reports from ID for my injectors, I understand now why I had issues with throttle, 1st is before cleaning, 2nd after cleaning and 3rd after re calibration and 1 replacement. can't wait to receive them and drive again. I've changed my fuel filter to be sure nothing could go wrong now.

Finally removed the fuel tank and found a very small amount of rust inside, maybe the reason of flow deviation, so I ve changed the 2 pump filters and waiting for a fuel tank cleaning kit from Restom that is supposed to be a number 1 kit for fuel tank restauration.

You bought the Restom PAC2030?
      I also bought it two weeks ago to remove rust from my golf and in the futur the camaro.

Sorry I did not see your comment, following link the restom kit I bought

https://restom.net/traitements-reser...222594643.html

finally finished intercooler pipes polishing ! about 15 hours to have that mirror finish and ordered the TMI rear seat upholstery

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by berdunord View Post
      Finally I ve re-used all plactic sail panel ...etc all covered with acoustic carpet. The floor will be covered with Renault carpet

I wonder if I should buy TMI sport XR rear seats upholstery to match with the door panel.

Man that thing should be Quiet, great for that amazing stereo system.
      Tom

this is quiet, the sound is amazing, I love pioneer stuff but engine off LOL ! engine running I need to push the radio to a minimum of 20/40 to hear the music correctly but it's way better than before without all that dynamat sound deadener and acoustic carpet. A great thing too is the temp inside the car, without all dynamat stuff in hot summer I was not able to put my hand on the tunnel more than several seconds, now with the dynamat xtrem + dynaliner + renault carpet, it's a really confortable ambiant temp 60-70°F even on cold weather.

Finally found 18" wheels from Apex that can fit 15" discs with calipers 18x9 and 18x11 both with a 1/4" spacer should be good.

front tires 245 40 18 or 275 35 18

rear tires 285 35 18 or 315 30 18

To add a bit more modernity, bought a 4 radars reverse parking system. And new paint will be done on february !

I like the wheels. BMW wheels ?

Yep

finnaly driven a bit yesterday and the throttle issues was coming from the injectors, no more problems now, it begins to push hard ! with only 5psi of boost at about 5000 rpm, registered yesterday a 450-500hp log at half throttle, can't wait to put 15 psi !

Now I'm able to put individual dead time, trim and small pulsewidth in tunerstudio thanks to Injector Dynamics flow deviation sheet

called Apex yesterday, they confirm that the following wilwood kit fits their EC-7 wheels, wilwood says 221.3 mm between center to caliper, EC-7 is 447.5 mm inside diameter, perfect !

finally driven hard today and numbers falls, now I can go to the dyno to confirm I have officialy a 1000hp+ street car ! I put 0.95 BSFC cause I'm still 10% too rich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8PI...lGbfX8LerTVScA

Driving that car is easy in fact, I think my choice of rear axle gear ratio and T56 was not bad cause it's about 2-2200 rpm at 31, 55,70 and 80mph on 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gear for fuel economy but if I want to push it to the limit, 2nd gear goes up to 95pmh at 7200 rpm ( that engine can take 8000rpm but I want it to be reliable ) but it's very confortable even at 14.5psi of boost, it pushes hard but I feel safe inside maybe because of the weigth and in fact even with 1000hp+ I don't really need wider tires, 285s rear are good, the car does not slide, she's going fast straight all the line and stick the road in curves. I'm even thinking about putting 20psi of boost to reach 1200hp that would be the reasonable limit before breaking something lol

Some news here, TMI has already sent the new rear seat upholstery, can t wait to receive it ! I ve bought new driver side door hinges to have a better alignement with the fenders. Modifications of the fuel line just before the rails, going to parallel with Y fittings cause I think my AFR issues one side richer than the other is because of a loss of fuel pressure. If the problem is not solved even with a parallel fuel line I ll buy a 2nd FPR do one FPR buy rail. And installation of the reverse parking assistance, adapt it under the bumper is easy and wiring too.

Found the perfect place to fit the beeper, in place of the " fasten seat belt" light

Happy new year everyone !

Reverse parking system installation finished and worked perfectly.

https://youtu.be/373JfngfHTY

Fuel line modified without moving the FPR. Hope not having any issues with fuel pressure now.

TMI rear seats upholstery arrives on monday !

here what FAST gives with their intake manifold kit, this rail union is not straight because if you buy their throttle body, what I did, this one can't fit a long straight fuel rail on driver side because of the throttle bracket. I did not have any issues with fuel pressure before I put the id2000 injectors and run a dual fuel pump so maybe that curved fuel rail from FAST is not really good too so I've replaced it.

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by berdunord View Post
      here what FAST gives with their intake manifold kit, this rail union is not straight because if you buy their throttle body, what I did, this one can't fit a long straight fuel rail on driver side because of the throttle bracket. I did not have any issues with fuel pressure before I put the id2000 injectors and run a dual fuel pump so maybe that curved fuel rail from FAST is not really good too so I've replaced it.

This is standard practice in production tube bending shops. The tube has a length tolerance and the parts it goes into has a tolerance. If one were to straight shot, you get a high percentage of leakers. The V bend accommodates the accumulated tolerances of the tube and mating parts.
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com