Thread: 1972 C10 Build

Name:  IMG_2584.JPG
Views: 1822
Size:  206.3 KBName:  IMG_2586.JPG
Views: 1765
Size:  208.4 KBName:  IMG_2587.JPG
Views: 1774
Size:  224.8 KB

All buttoned up today. Couldn’t look any better.

Ready for the summer heat!

Name:  Adjustments.JPG
Views: 1692
Size:  619.5 KBName:  Adjustments.JPG
Views: 1678
Size:  434.6 KB

Beds on, got an alignment done and now I am finishing wiring for the tail lights.

Looks like a great truck, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Smee78 View Post
      Looks like a great truck, congrats.
      Thanks man!

Country Flag: United States
      Do you have any good side profile pictures of the truck? I am thinking about the hotchkis set up also but curious on the ride height. Really like the build though every time my mind wanders off and starts thinking I need this or that like the big dollar guys looking back at this and remind myself it can look so good and function for normal guy prices hahaha.

1972 C10 Build

Quote Originally Posted by Justinredbeard View Post
      Do you have any good side profile pictures of the truck? I am thinking about the hotchkis set up also but curious on the ride height. Really like the build though every time my mind wanders off and starts thinking I need this or that like the big dollar guys looking back at this and remind myself it can look so good and function for normal guy prices hahaha.

Hotchkis kit definitely handles very good for the money. I love it.
      Name:  IMG_3826.JPG
Views: 1348
Size:  671.2 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Awesome. If I remember you dont have drop spindles or lowering blocks. I like the stance and good to hear it works so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinredbeard View Post
      Awesome. If I remember you dont have drop spindles or lowering blocks. I like the stance and good to hear it works so well.
      I do have drop spindles on the front

and no lowering blocks

Name:  61548113226__54D44FB5-8CEF-4AFE-97FE-1A09908CAD10.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  137.4 KBName:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  108.1 KB

Got the cooling system bled and took it for a 140 mile loop. Runs and handles awesome.

1972 C10 Build

I started gathering parts to twin turbo the truck

Turbos Direct Garrett billet wheel 62’s
      Aermotive fuel pressure regulator
      Turbosmart Race port BOV
      Turbosmart 40mm Comp gates

I’ll post more pictures as the build starts taking place. They will be mounted up under the cab, so we can keep the engine bay clean and use the ultimate headers I already have installed. I’m super excited

Name:  Adjustments.JPG
Views: 1192
Size:  631.7 KB

Nice turbo goodies. Have you made any progress on that front. It would be hard to stop driving this thing to fab up the turbos, but once turbos are done....hold on!!

1972 C10 Build

Quote Originally Posted by kmc3420 View Post
      Nice turbo goodies. Have you made any progress on that front. It would be hard to stop driving this thing to fab up the turbos, but once turbos are done....hold on!!
      Thank you! I just purchased the Air to water intercooler set up for it so I won’t have to hack up the core support at all, also got my injectors and scavenge pump, ice box that’s going in the bed etc. I’m just waiting for a spot to open up at the shop that’s doing the install for me. According to the gentleman doing it for me I should have it back within a week once I drop it off.

I’m going to post pictures and a video once it’s complete. Just waiting to get it in to him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cshenker1121 View Post
      Thank you! I just purchased the Air to water intercooler set up for it so I won’t have to hack up the core support at all, also got my injectors and scavenge pump, ice box that’s going in the bed etc. I’m just waiting for a spot to open up at the shop that’s doing the install for me. According to the gentleman doing it for me I should have it back within a week once I drop it off.

I’m going to post pictures and a video once it’s complete. Just waiting to get it in to him now.
      Awesome, that's a pretty quick turn around for a whole lot more power. Did he share the details of his list of mods that he will be doing? I assume he will be pulling the heads and gapping the rings plus head studs as well. I have plans of running a single turbo on my C10, but am still in the body work stages, working on the cab now. So, curious of what all will be done to prep the motor. Keep at it, really liking the build!! Gonna be a blast to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kmc3420 View Post
      Awesome, that's a pretty quick turn around for a whole lot more power. Did he share the details of his list of mods that he will be doing? I assume he will be pulling the heads and gapping the rings plus head studs as well. I have plans of running a single turbo on my C10, but am still in the body work stages, working on the cab now. So, curious of what all will be done to prep the motor. Keep at it, really liking the build!! Gonna be a blast to drive.

We are going to leave the head bolts and rings alone. With what power we are gonna have it at, it’ll be safe. Down the road I’ll probably do the head studs and maybe a better piston/rod combo. And thank you very much!

He does a ton of turbo builds and assured me it’ll be a blast where he is setting it at. Which is what I think will be my saving grace as far as keeping the engine in one piece. We are leaving the gate spring at 7lbs.

Keeping the IAT’s down with the Air to water intercooler will also help in keeping the engine alive.

It’s definitely a lot to do but I’m sure you’ll love it when you throw a turbo on it and get it rolling down the road.

If you don’t mind me asking why are you going turbo over let’s say a centrifugal supercharger. I would figure the turbo lag down low would be bad. That’s why we went with a whipple on my wife’s truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcfabllc View Post
      If you don’t mind me asking why are you going turbo over let’s say a centrifugal supercharger. I would figure the turbo lag down low would be bad. That’s why we went with a whipple on my wife’s truck.
      I’ve always been a fan of turbos, we’ve had them on our sand cars and I loved the way they ran.

I wanted a whipple originally but liked that my engine bay looks clean as is and with the turbos mounted under the cab, it’ll stay that way. All you’ll see is a charge tube with the BOV.

When I went to turbos direct to get pick them Up, the way I had the turbos built, it’ll spool very fast with the T3 housings. It should on at about 2800-3000.. And if I ever wanted to, I could go with a bigger T4 housing and push these to 1200+hp.

I’ve always been a fan of turbos, we’ve had them on our sand cars and I loved the way they ran.

I wanted a whipple originally but liked that my engine bay looks clean as is and with the turbos mounted under the cab, it’ll stay that way. All you’ll see is a charge tube with the BOV.

When I went to turbos direct to get pick them Up, the way I had the turbos built, it’ll spool very fast with the T3 housings. It should on at about 2800-3000.. And if I ever wanted to, I could go with a bigger T4 housing and push these to 1200+hp.
      Got ya. How big are the turbos and the engine CI ? I am with you with the clean engine bay. I all most went NA with my wife’s truck for the same reason.None the less going to be bad ass between the frame rails of your C10 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcfabllc View Post
      Got ya. How big are the turbos and the engine CI ? I am with you with the clean engine bay. I all most went NA with my wife’s truck for the same reason.None the less going to be bad ass between the frame rails of your C10 for sure.
      Definitely I agree. Turbos are 62mm with T3 .82 AR housings. And the engine is 376ci

Definitely I agree. Turbos are 62mm with T3 .82 AR housings. And the engine is 376ci
      Very nice. Get ready to shift lol

Name:  IMG_6787.JPG
Views: 1184
Size:  197.3 KBName:  IMG_6769.JPG
Views: 1210
Size:  228.9 KB

Wiggins clamps installed on the compressor housings

Mount for the intercooler welded on

Exhaust flanges with v bands welded on

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com