Country Flag: United States
      Name:  CAMARO 141.jpg
Views: 2896
Size:  28.3 KBName:  CAMARO 146.jpg
Views: 2875
Size:  44.0 KBName:  CAMARO 142.jpg
Views: 2946
Size:  49.3 KB
      Fitting Roll Cage. It will come off the jig once we get the cage welded in. When we get it off the jig we will install the mock up block with front pulleys and stuff, install the front and start building headers, and running tubing to the intercoolers.

Thanks for the comments on the shop. It was my race shop and am in the process of converting it over to a UDOIT auto club ( which is where the name of the car came from) The ideal is for car guys in the area to be able to join the club and have access to work on or build anything they want in the shop. I furnish tool, lifts, welders, mill lathes, tube bender, notcher, sheet metal brakes, for a rental cost. Shop has infloor heat and fully air condition, lounge, TVs so if you want to anything from hang out, changing tires, oil etc. to building a complete hot rod. The concept is in the St Louis area there are a lot of talented retired guys that are motor heads that after retirement don't have a lot to do. If you get a group of talented guys that want to give advice, help or charge for there services it can be done at a reasonable cost. Already have a chassis guy body and paint guy, machinist and electrical guy on board. Any comments welcome

Name:  CAMARO 159.JPG
Views: 2764
Size:  95.8 KB[ATTACH=CONFIG]134414[/ATTACH

Ready to build headers and mount Turbos
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  IMG_0248.JPG
Views: 2623
Size:  106.5 KBName:  IMG_0254.JPG
Views: 2605
Size:  112.8 KBName:  IMG_0251.JPG
Views: 2622
Size:  118.6 KB[ATTACH=CONFIG] Mocking up headers and Turbos

Name:  IMG_0277.JPG
Views: 2534
Size:  122.9 KBName:  IMG_0262.JPG
Views: 2508
Size:  113.7 KBName:  IMG_0276.JPG
Views: 2515
Size:  90.2 KB

1 more piece of the puzzle/

Looking good, what intake is that?

Most impressive body jig I have ever seen. Can you share more pics how you joint the body shell on new frame?

OK to chime in here, sweet car. Now let me state that a properly built 4L80E can handle boost once the gear is changed it just cant handle it on the change. Have a local guy who ran both a PATC 4L80E and a 5 spd and 6 spd conversion, and he has ran 1200 hp through both in OD at speed. He used his computer to ramp the boost back up in OD. Not saying I would do it if your already talking GV, but it can handle it at higher speeds as the torque has already peaked.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

You made that progress in record time! This is shaping up to be one promising street car.

SD67

Intake is made by Shawn's Custom Alloy His site is not up yet but if you go to his face book page it shows what a talented guy he is. He makes a lot of other stuff for LS too, including valve covers, timing covers, fuel tanks.

Bowtie

Jig is really nothing special. The pictures are on the first page that shows connection points. The Chassisworks pro touring kit uses the original front clip mount ( with a alu spacer instead of rubber) The inter rocker is cut out and the kit comes with a much heaver replacement ( it retains the original pinch weld) the crossmember also ties to the replacement rocker, the cage also ties it all togeather, and the final piece is the floor welds in solid which completes the final package. Hope this explains it and if not let me know and I will take some more pic of what your wanting to see.

Monza

I don't know how you know what the exact amount of power to back out as for what is safe to shift into overdrive but I don't care about tearing stuff because I guessed wrong. You also mentioned your buddy made about 1200 hp Does he run mile runs with the car? I don't plan on backing anything down on the mile run and 1200 hp is quite a bit less than what we are planning on making. I do know the guys running the mile are oiling the overdrive gears to make them live at speed and its not from shifting that was breaking them. Don't forget I'm a drag racer (not a throttle stop guy) and only know one way to get to the end and that's wide open.

Centerforce Time is always a problem (I work out of town 4 days a week) so you know what I am doing with my spare time Got behind at Christmas holidays
      because I didn't get the header tubes and stuff ordered before and nobody was open between Christmas and the first of the year. Hope to build the headers in a couple weeks and fit the front bar. So I am about a month behind where I wanted to be but should be able to make that up. Only deadline is I have a date of spring 2018 at Recovery room interiors. As soon as I get the front bar in it will come off the jig and start on body work. I hope to have a nice but usable piece when I am done.

i love your project and the end goal sounds awesome- and much more than i'll ever do. I am interested in your business though as ive heard of garage rentals etc and have always thought this would be awesome. I know the first few i heard of didnt last long but they have come back around more recently and could work. Im thinking some day i would like to do this also....
      "Racing is life. Everything else is just, waiting"

xs

I hope to have a lot of fun trying to achieve the goals I set. I sure there will be some challenges but that's what I enjoy. The UDOIT also shop has challenges as its hard to market. There is no way you can sell it to the general public. Its a real niche business and if I didn't have the shop, tools and equipment I don't know from a ROI that it would be profitable. I plan on retiring in August so it kind of made sense when I retire to have a business that I enjoy especially with a group of people that can share there talents in clean comfortable well equipped shop. My big problem is I'm not a good salesman and don't do well promoting. Its seems to be really hard to find people that want to make a commitment (people that are consumed with cars that have the time, money and passion) that fits the group of people I'm looking for to join. I know they are out there but they are hard to find them, which is why it almost a person to person basis. I am planning on sponsoring a few car shows and open house to try to get the word out . I think if I can get a one on one and get them to the shop will help make the case to join.

Quote Originally Posted by UDOIT View Post
      SD67

Intake is made by Shawn's Custom Alloy His site is not up yet but if you go to his face book page it shows what a talented guy he is. He makes a lot of other stuff for LS too, including valve covers, timing covers, fuel tanks.

Bowtie

Jig is really nothing special. The pictures are on the first page that shows connection points. The Chassisworks pro touring kit uses the original front clip mount ( with a alu spacer instead of rubber) The inter rocker is cut out and the kit comes with a much heaver replacement ( it retains the original pinch weld) the crossmember also ties to the replacement rocker, the cage also ties it all togeather, and the final piece is the floor welds in solid which completes the final package. Hope this explains it and if not let me know and I will take some more pic of what your wanting to see.

Monza

I don't know how you know what the exact amount of power to back out as for what is safe to shift into overdrive but I don't care about tearing stuff because I guessed wrong. You also mentioned your buddy made about 1200 hp Does he run mile runs with the car? I don't plan on backing anything down on the mile run and 1200 hp is quite a bit less than what we are planning on making. I do know the guys running the mile are oiling the overdrive gears to make them live at speed and its not from shifting that was breaking them. Don't forget I'm a drag racer (not a throttle stop guy) and only know one way to get to the end and that's wide open.

Centerforce Time is always a problem (I work out of town 4 days a week) so you know what I am doing with my spare time Got behind at Christmas holidays
      because I didn't get the header tubes and stuff ordered before and nobody was open between Christmas and the first of the year. Hope to build the headers in a couple weeks and fit the front bar. So I am about a month behind where I wanted to be but should be able to make that up. Only deadline is I have a date of spring 2018 at Recovery room interiors. As soon as I get the front bar in it will come off the jig and start on body work. I hope to have a nice but usable piece when I am done.
      No what his strategy was he was using timing retard with a shift kill set up, the engine "dies" momentarly on the shift, it is a millisecond "kill" it unloads the driveline for the fraction of a second, thus you never lift, the engine controler does the hard work. It's old trick some race bike builders use to not have to use clutch on shifts.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Name:  CAMARO 189.jpg
Views: 2179
Size:  282.7 KBName:  CAMARO 187.jpg
Views: 2173
Size:  237.7 KBName:  CAMARO 188.jpg
Views: 2187
Size:  198.7 KB working on building headers

Name:  IMG_0327.JPG
Views: 2075
Size:  104.6 KBName:  IMG_0328.JPG
Views: 2079
Size:  106.6 KBLittle more progress

"I started with a rust free..." one post later, everything cut to hell. Hahaha, I love it.

Can't wait to see this one come together!

Dan
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

- 67 Camaro: Current Project Car

Sweet sweet ride man. Hurry up and get it finished so I can see pictures!

Name:  IMG_0351.JPG
Views: 1922
Size:  96.0 KBName:  IMG_0349.JPG
Views: 1953
Size:  79.6 KBName:  IMG_0348.JPG
Views: 1945
Size:  84.0 KBName:  IMG_0352.JPG
Views: 1932
Size:  102.3 KB

Finished welding and mounting the headers, Installed the front strut bars, fit and welded the watts linkage brackets, Radiator, intercoolers, transmission and rearend next

u mite want to add a front motor plate.Did u look at the flowtech holley turbo headers? They can be had for 200$. 304 ss 1 3/4. I would do 4l80e plenty of people in the 7s running 4l80e.Look at jakes transmissions or rpm transmissions in Anderson ,Indiana.Its not like u are going to run 1k on the street and get any grip and on the strip U shouldnt be going into over drive. Rear gear should be around 325.I have ran several turbo set up's and 4l80e 325 gear is the way to go.Never heard of shifting under boost hurt 4l80e it is a th400 with overdrive. I have never had any issues at 1278 rwhp .great build

what motor turbos u going with? 220 -230 mph is huge. Ur rear gear is going to need to be lower than the 325 i stated and the 4l80e with a manual locking convert would work. Ur hp will need to be 2000+++or more to get to 230.I think the fastest 1/2 mile car was 238 buy a lambo.

great build!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-touring-build

follow our high school student build this pro touring nova.

follow us on Facebook
      @Artisanmotoworksclub

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com