Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Distributorless Ignition for BBC 496

My Mark IV BBC 496 is on it's way to being done. I have been looking into the distributorless systems using coil packs and crank triggers. Any suggestions on a particular kit to use? I also plan on using FiTech EFI system also. Thank you.
      I am SUCH a rookie to Pro-Touring

Country Flag: United States
      The L21 gen VI big block Chevy has coil packs like the LS engines. Maybe look into how much the factory parts would be and an MSD LS controller to run it. MIGHT be the cheaper way to go.....

JORDAN

You can use any of the dual sync distribs to give a signal or nelson racing sells a ATI balancer with a 60-2 tooth wheel made into the cover. No need for spacing accessories out by using the aftermarket wheels.

I do not know the FITECH software so i cannot say if this will be capable of using that signal but I know the holley dominator can. that is my setup, Dominator efi, nelson 60-2 ATI balancer and 1x cam signal from a 96+ vortec distrib. COP and sequential injection.

If you want close to plug and play the holley DIS kits are very close to that.

I thank you all for the information provided. Plug and play would be best for me.
      I am SUCH a rookie to Pro-Touring

Curious if you ended up getting this going? I've been accumulating parts - for what seems like forever - to do this but still not there.

A while back I picked up a cam sync from EfiConnection that is basically a billet version of the Vortec style cam sync they now sell. Then have the Holley coils and planning on a 36-1 trigger wheel made into the damper. That last piece is getting closer but not there yet.

FWIW I noticed a few weeks back that EfiConnection was saying they were now working on an option for Mark IV big blocks. If you look at their site you'll see they basically have a custom timing cover that is simlar to the LS style that has the cam sync and trigger wheel contained within it. That'd be ideal from a packaging standpoint. What I read said after the first of the year but I haven't seen any updates. They've had it available for the gen VI for a while though. Not inexpensive really but seems cool.

John

Quote Originally Posted by BBC71Nova View Post
      FWIW I noticed a few weeks back that EfiConnection was saying they were now working on an option for Mark IV big blocks........ What I read said after the first of the year but I haven't seen any updates. They've had it available for the gen VI for a while though.John
      I've seen that also and have contacted them several times in the last year and a half or so and each time I've been told they have abandoned the Mark IV conversion. They just never said so on the web page. I just looked (https://www.eficonnection.com/home/c...ne/efi-24x-bbc) and it doesn't say its available first of the year anymore.
      -Bob (66 Nova)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com