Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Where in Texas are you located? I'm in the DFW area.
      Ron -
      1970 Mach1
      440 RWHP, 428 RWTQ
      Calypso Coral, 357W, T5Z 5-speed,
      Edelbrock 454 17x8 Wheels, 255x40x17 rear, 215x45x17 front, Bridgestone Potenza RE-71, TCP Coilovers Front, Global West Del-A-Lum Bushings,Global West Adj. Strut Rods, Wilwood Discs All around

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1_Ron View Post
      Where in Texas are you located? I'm in the DFW area.
      I am down in Leander, just north of Austin, (out of the crazy).

Last piece of the puzzle showed up today.

Exhaust went in so danged easy. Less than 45 minutes, by myself, with cutting 2 of the pipes to length. Still need to adjust and tighten it up. Going to clamp it till I can get it to a shop to put either a flange or vbands on it. I would definitely recommend this exhaust to anyone, incredible look and fit.

Gas goes in tomorrow and then I begin testing everything out. Might start it tomorrow.

No leaks, exhaust is in, so what the hack.

https://youtu.be/4WBsGbL9-kw

Awesome. Nothing like the rush of the first start after all that work.

Don

1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Thanks. A few bugs to work out.

Fantastic !!! Great progress

Thanks.

Cool. Nothing like the feeling of joy/accomplishment when the engine starts the first time.
      Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

Engine ran fine but would not rev above idle. Sent the PCM to FRPP and they said it was bad. Sent out another no questions asked. Great customer service. Hopefully I will drive it, with goggles on, (LOL), this week.

New PCM came in but it still wouldn't rev above idle. Checked several things and the pedal was good, TPS was good but it was like it had no signal. Tracked down two wires, (both blue), to the pedal that were acting opposite of the way they should. A few calls to Ford Racing tech and they sent out a diagram. Sure enough pin 5 and 6 were backwards wired. Swapped the wires out, viola!

https://youtu.be/EOezQ_UV6Gk

It sure felt good even without any glass in the car, dash or interior. This thing is a beast and I barely got on it.

Finished welding up the trans tunnel and the hushmat, (everywhere but under the drivers seat but its coming out to out carpet in). Then put the bulbs in the brake lights and suddenly realized I am finished with things I can do until it gets back from paint. Sooooo, next weekend it goes to my painter. Woo hoo.

I also ordered fold down rear seats and some new exterior stuff last night. Its amazing how fast it came together. At the end of last July I pulled the engine and trans to get started.

Let her outside to work on her tan after driving it around the neighborhood a few miles. The T-56 was a great move. Smooth as silk.

What's being done by your painter ? If you've said already, I apologize.

The original plan was a HOK candy Brandywine with ghost Boss 302 stripes but I have toned it down and am just going back to the original paint like it is now. The PO did a pretty rough job of the paint that is on it. Its going to look awesome when it is done.

Its been a busy week at work but I managed to get all the AC duct installed and most of the electrical hooked up. Stockpiling parts right now prepping for paint. My fold down seats came in today.

The original dash pad was shot so I ordered a new one from original Ford tooling. It fits like a glove.

Next up is my MTF gauge pod and glove insert. I have been driving it atleast once a day making sure everything works. I forgot to add a fuel line check valve and that is a problem. I will be changing that next week.

Any updates ?

Unfortunately not much has happened recently. I have driven it around the neighborhood a few times. One smokey burnout.

I have been trying to find a paint and body shop with time but its been tough. Decided to go ahead and do the remaining sheetmetal work myself and get the body ready for paint. I can do most of it but there is no way I am gonna spray it. I took it to a buddies shop who does collision work to get some tips on what needs to be done first.

Well crap. Looks like time to strip it to bare metal and do some more sheet metal work. I hate surprised.

Nice cutouts in the hood for the scoop turn signals. Smdh

I love mustangs. Looks like you are building a nice one!

Some people SUCK !!!! I know you're disappointed, but luckily you have the skills to make it right. What an awesome ride you're going to have when finished.

Bossed

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com