Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Oh boy, that is disappointing but not all that surprising. This kind of crap is all too common.

Don

1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Mine looked almost as good as yours starting out. One thing led to another and the car ended up on the rotisserie with the roof cut off. These cars are almost 50 years old. Even the good ones need tons of work. Good luck.
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

That's why Don does all my cars I can trust him and the work is top shelf..

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Oh boy, that is disappointing but not all that surprising. This kind of crap is all too common.

Don

Tail light panel went in like a breeze.

For the last several weeks I have been wracking my brain trying to find out what I did wrong putting this thing back together. The drivers side fender to door gap was perfect but the fender extension to hood was about 3/4" short on that side. Everything I did measured perfect but it didn't fit.

The. It hits you. I guess the previous owner had some alignment issues as well after the hood got dented on that side. How did he handle it. Cut out 3/4" of the drivers side fender, reshape it and bang it back on that side. Of course, cover it all in body filler and then paint. Smdh.

Thanks for the hack job P.O. Wow, that's not nice at all.

Hope you don't uncover anymore "custom" body mods.

Quote Originally Posted by latoracing View Post
      Thanks for the hack job P.O. Wow, that's not nice at all.

Hope you don't uncover anymore "custom" body mods.
      I am running iut of places to find surprises. Hooefully the roof isn't made of cardboard and bondo.

Talk about a hack job, I thought my eyes were going to bug out of my head with that quarter panel
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

What rust?

Now i just need to figure out how to get that rocker on without undoing everything ai did on the a pillar on the drivers side. New full quarters are in the boxes.

[QUOTE

I had to take a little break today from Mustang stuff to attend to aomething far more important. And to buy the Mrs. new SUV. My wife and I started a charity to benefit the Gary Sinise Foundation. Today we were in ited to the ground breaking ceremony for a special adapted home for a seriously wounded hero, Cpl Alan Babin. He was a medic in the Army, 82nd Airborne, and was shot in the gut while running towards gunfire to care for a wounded soldier in Iraq. 70 surgeries later, with 90% of his stomach gone, 2 years in a coma, meningitis, a massive stroke he comes out the other side a motivational speaker. It was an honor to shake his hand. Anyway, thought I would share. You can read about his story and his bronze star with a V for valor online.

Oh yeah, and here is the Mrs. New ride.

Talk about custom:

[/QUOTE]

Best part of the build! Thank you! Little late...I just stumbled upon this build. I love modern drivetrains in old cars, especially coyotes in mustangs! I'll be following...
      Leon Reed
      1978 Trans Am
      LS1/4L60E

my build..updated 11-21-13 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...8-TA-LS1-build

Nothing I have done in my life has given me more satisfaction than the VERY small amount we are able to give back to the guys and gals that take care of us everyday. Thanks for the compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by reedld View Post
      [QUOTE

I had to take a little break today from Mustang stuff to attend to aomething far more important. And to buy the Mrs. new SUV. My wife and I started a charity to benefit the Gary Sinise Foundation. Today we were in ited to the ground breaking ceremony for a special adapted home for a seriously wounded hero, Cpl Alan Babin. He was a medic in the Army, 82nd Airborne, and was shot in the gut while running towards gunfire to care for a wounded soldier in Iraq. 70 surgeries later, with 90% of his stomach gone, 2 years in a coma, meningitis, a massive stroke he comes out the other side a motivational speaker. It was an honor to shake his hand. Anyway, thought I would share. You can read about his story and his bronze star with a V for valor online.

Oh yeah, and here is the Mrs. New ride.

Talk about custom:

Best part of the build! Thank you! Little late...I just stumbled upon this build. I love modern drivetrains in old cars, especially coyotes in mustangs! I'll be following...[/QUOTE]

Quarters going on.

Pretty much settled on the Randy apple red, (yes, "Randy" apple), trying to figure out the boss 302 stripes.

Didn't waste any time getting some metal removed.

That color will definitely be an eye-catcher. With that paint, the stock B-302 stripes will not do it justice, but the '70 style hockey stick theme will need to be incorporated, with a twist. I'm sure you'll design something very tasteful.

Looking great!!

Thanks Mike

This strict no rust diet is really helping shed the pounds.

OMG.. the whole car will be new..

I just bought a complete front mustang 2 and 4 link rear suspension from Rod and Custom.. Im gonna start the 70 Fastback soon... decided to do a Coyote as well with a 6 speed.. I was leaning LS3 with 6 speed.. but watching this thread 5.0 it is..

Ohhh what tranny did you go with??? Is it a complete kit... Im wanting a 6 speed..

Did a t56 from modern driveline. I bought the complete kit. With my MTF front suspension and cross member it sits the engine lower than most which allowed me to fit the t56 in with very little trimming of the tunnel. Basically I only had to trim out part of the tunnel brace and the shifter opening.

The car's going to be Sweet, I'm glad you could handle the sheet metal work. That could have been a project killer for someone not so well seasoned. Nice job, it's going to be great when your done.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      The car's going to be Sweet, I'm glad you could handle the sheet metal work. That could have been a project killer for someone not so well seasoned. Nice job, it's going to be great when your done.
      Hey Wayne, his Mustang is starting to look like your Camaro from a few years ago!

Great project and skills! I live just down the road from you in Steiner Ranch!

By the way, if you're still in need of a painter with a great reputation, good prices, and won't keep your car in paint jail for years, I've been introduced to one here in the Hill Country. Let me know if you need their contact information.

Good luck with your project and I hope to get to meet you soon!
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

Got the full deivers side off. There was some pretty good rust to the skeletal section that will get replaced.

Melted out the lead and drilled out the spot welds. Also decided to go ahead and replace both outer wheel wells. The inners are in great shape. I was thinking to do the MTF mini tubs but after looking, I have a 295 on it now and it didn't rub. I still have a full inch on the inside before I would have an issue. Not sure the extra work is justified.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 454bug View Post
      Hey Wayne, his Mustang is starting to look like your Camaro from a few years ago!

Great project and skills! I live just down the road from you in Steiner Ranch!

By the way, if you're still in need of a painter with a great reputation, good prices, and won't keep your car in paint jail for years, I've been introduced to one here in the Hill Country. Let me know if you need their contact information.

Good luck with your project and I hope to get to meet you soon!
      I would love to know who. Thanks

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com