Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
      The rest of the sheet metal came in today to finish the car as far as sheet metal work goes. The Mustangs to fear radiator support is a damned nice piece and fits like a glove. I literally just have it sitting there with nothing supporting it. Much more sturdy then the original. Thanks a ton to Rich and everyone up there at MTF. The T shirt was the perfect addition to my collection too.

I had to take a little break today from Mustang stuff to attend to aomething far more important. And to buy the Mrs. new SUV. My wife and I started a charity to benefit the Gary Sinise Foundation. Today we were in ited to the ground breaking ceremony for a special adapted home for a seriously wounded hero, Cpl Alan Babin. He was a medic in the Army, 82nd Airborne, and was shot in the gut while running towards gunfire to care for a wounded soldier in Iraq. 70 surgeries later, with 90% of his stomach gone, 2 years in a coma, meningitis, a massive stroke he comes out the other side a motivational speaker. It was an honor to shake his hand. Anyway, thought I would share. You can read about his story and his bronze star with a V for valor online.

Oh yeah, and here is the Mrs. New ride.

Talk about custom:

Country Flag: United States
      That is just incredible, talk about a fighter!

I bought a spoilered fiberglass decklid from MTF for my 65 and the fitment out of the box blew me away.

Did not realize you were in the RR / Austin area. I lived in the RR / Austin area from 1993 to 2006. Kudos to y'all for working on the charity, it is nice to see vets these days get better treatment than when I was younger. That looks like the Lexus dealer across from the Cactus near the Arboretum. You are a lucky guy - Ms is pretty cute and she looks happy about her new ride.

Thanks, I am very lucky. I live in Leander now. It was the Lexus dealership you speak of. Well done.

Made some progress today. It is good to see things going back on. Tomorrow night this thing will have fenders and a hood on it. All of the remaining panels are ready to be welded on early tomorrow. Should have lots of pics tomorrow.

All the big pieces fit, and it is actually square. Plenty of work left to do.

It was a good day. All welded up and ready to test fit a coyote in there. Then break it all down, media blast, epoxy prime it all and then off to paint and body. Still need to do the passenger side trunk floor. Probably tomorrow and then hopefully get to the front suspension.

I'm glad to see someone else using the mustang to fear products. I live an hour from them and going to pick up my suspension in a few weeks. Great people to deal with.
      Your car is looking great and glad to see all the detailed pics of your work. I think my coupe is in the same shape.

Suspension is a good thing. Hopefully I can get the brakes on in the morning before we leave.

And she is a roller again. Even turned it around to do the trunk floor. Getting closer to putting an engine in this thing. It is turning out awesome.

I noticed that when replacing the trunk panel, you separated the connection from the frame rail to the rear valance? With the weight of the car on the leafs/frame? I was under the impression that you couldn't do that without the frame shifting? Is that not the case? My cougar needs the same repair and I didn't know how to go about it. Correct me if I'm wrong, thanks.

My car now has frame connectors which pretty much make it a one piece frame. Also the rear trunk brace was so badly rusted on that side that it had not been a co pkete piece for lord knows how long. Also if you look closely I have nit yet removed the entire section of trunk floor.

Looking good, where were you buying your sheet metal through and how was the fit so far?

Thanks Mark, MTF has been awesome to work with.

I have bought 90% of my sheet metal from CJponyparts. I bought anything I could from Dynacorn and the fot has been 95% perfect on anything they have made. Its been a pain getting the rust out but everything has gone in pretty straight. The weld trough primer is nice also.

Got the rear support in today and the trunk floor fitted. I decided not to remove the entire passenger side trunk floor and cut the patch panel to fit and put a flange on it. To get the whole side out would require removing most of that side seat support. No thanks,

Woo freakin hoo. The last of the sheet metal has been welded in and the car is rust free......as far as I know, LOL. The trunk floor panel turned out great. It was a bunch of work but it is done and fit great. Tomorrow the media blast will be done on everything on the interior and in the engine compartment and frame rails. That will allow me to get it epoxied up. The oainter will take care of the rest including smoothingnthe firewall.

Great job on the trunk!

I didn't consider the frame connectors. The trunk pan on my cougar is almost exactly the same as what you just dealt with. Your pictures help a bunch, I appreciate it!

It is tight quarters but it wasn't too bad. If I can do it, believe me, anyone can.

Got the car media blasted on the interior and from the firewall forward. Found a few new surprises, nothing major. Doors apparently had speakers in them at one point. I knew of the rust on the tailight panel on the passenger side. The "Bondo Ninja" struck again on the drivers side. How can a hole that big be full of Bondo.

A couple of pin holes in the trunk area. Not too bad.

Also had all of the interior pieces blasted too, lower dash, glove box, etc.... went ahead and Epoxy primed them. Turned out great.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com