Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Back from vacation so I spent the afternoon working on the car. Prepped a bunch today getting ready to epoxy prime the frame rails beforw I put the floor pans in. Shouldmget it primed tomorrow and on with the rest. Had a few rust holes in the top plate of the torque box. Cut it out, flanged 4 sides and patched it in. The rest is solid but pitted. The epoxy primer should take care of its future. The rust is from getting it cleaned. Sprayed a little Ospho on it tonight so it will be ready tomorrow. It looks much better in person than in the pic.

Epoxied the frame rails and torque box. Made my way over to the drivers side and finally got the drivers side full floor pan and seat pan on. Made some headway on the inner side cowls too. Brace it all up tomorrow and get to cutting.

Country Flag: United States
      You really can put lipstick on a pig. looks like you're making good work but sucks such a good looking car had this under it.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I didn't on the drives side, it was in good shape. The passenger side was pitted and had one small area that had rusted through. I made a patch and epoxied it but I am not sure I feel ok with it. I am thinking about replacing it before putting in the toe panel.

Today I braced up to get started on the A Pillars.

Looks like you're off to a great start!

Nice to see a fellow Coyote build.....Its gonna be awesome when finished.

Welcome to the forum....

Thanks, I fly planes for a living so this is pretty new stuff to me. I have built a few cars, (trucks) in the past, even made it in to a few magazines, but all this sheet metal rust repair is new to me. Luckily I have many great sites and friends who help out when I hit a wall of knowledge.

Back to reality today. Had a few hours so I started on the toe board and passenger side floor pan. If I had it to do over I would do a complete floor. It would be so much easier. Still have plenty to do to finish this side.

Floor pans are done sans seam sealer. Once the remaining sheet metal is done I am having it media bkasted. Put some primer on it now to protect the metal.

Spent most of the day on Honey do stuff. Landscaping, etc.. had an hour to goof off in the garage so I started tearing apart the rusty A pillar on the Passenger side. It lived up to its, ummm, rustiness.

Doing it right! Cheers to that!
      1970 Mustang Convertible
      408w stroker
      TCI 6X
      Heidts Mustang II front, 4-Link rear, subframe connectors
      Custom SS exhaust, X-pipe, Spintech muffs.
      and more...much more!

Getting it done little by little sometimes is not a bad thing. You get to do it right and appreciate it even more (lets just say, I appreciate mine a million times over).........Keep pushing!

I can't explain how mich this freaked me out doing today.

dude wheres your car...(lame movie reference)

Good job, to many times people just cover it back up.. this site has taught me to just fix it...

What rust? It was much more fun putting it in. I took about 40 measurements and it all went back together smooth.

Lookin good!

Nice work, any updates?

I finished the passenger side today. Upper pillar reinforcements don't come with the lower a pillars so I had to make them. I have never done anything like this but I feel it turned out ok.

Old vs. new

Went ahead and stripped down the rear end. Found some more rust.

Looks like the right rear trunk floor will be replaced after the cowl area is finished. The good news is I can see everything else from the inside and it looks like it is very solid everywhere else. Once the sheet metal work is done it is getting media blasted and we will see if I am right.

It was a good day. Finished the passenger side and got the cowl tacked in.

Another one saved...nice job.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com