Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Value of a 67 RS/SS and 77 Vette

Hi all, I was asked to help a friend determine what a couple of cars were worth. This gentleman wants to sell both of these cars as he no longer drives them and wants them to go to someone who can enjoy them. First car is a 67 Camaro RS/SS. I ran the tag and it looks like it was an automatic with a 350 V8. It currently has a 396 and has been converted to a 4 speed. It has a center console with the gauges, bucket seats, most of the AC components, disc brakes, and power windows. It was repainted white with a blue stripe and a black vinyl top. He doesn't know how many owners it had before he bought it. The second car is a 1977 Vette, one owner, 41k miles, with t-tops and a 350 V8 automatic. No AC, some wear and tear on the leather seats, a few mods like headers, valve covers, aluminum radiator, and air filter. It was painted about 5 years ago.
      Both cars were kept in a garage up until about a year ago. They're under car covers now and this guy starts them up about every two weeks. Cleans them and dusts them as well. The Vette doesn't seem to be in much demand from what I can see online but the Camaro has potential. Let me know what you guys think and I'll pass it along to him. Thanks guys.

Alex

I know that Corvette is one of the lowest horse power/worst years ever. Very undesirable from a Corvette enthusiast standpoint. Somebody better qualified than myself could comment on the Camaro.

Country Flag: United States
      The first gen camaros sell...people want them. Even in subpar condition these can sell for $20k+. Condition is everything! The 77 vette is not a desirable car, but if it’s in excellent condition it could go for decent money. The best bet here is either give someone a good deal (someone who will enjoy them) or auction them for most value.

I would love to have a first gen, but price is out of reach for me.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Country Flag: United States
      Thread is two years old...
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com