Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      The 4 main cab mounts are made, welded to the frame and body bolted down.
      Rearmost cab mounts not attached yet because the frame needs to be extended all the way back to the tailgate. Nothing to attach them to yet.
      I'm suspecting the stock front frame at the core support area will need to be "Z'ed" or dropped 1" to 2" yet.

And here's the payoff: First time this truck has seen daylight mated up to it's new frame.
      Name:  DS sunshine.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  257.1 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I gotta say I am liking the sleeper aspect of the high offset wheels. In profile it looks really non-threatening.
      No way does it look like there could possibly be 335's under there.

Found a couple more pics...
      After engine setback, side view.

Name:  engine setback side view.jpg
Views: 1300
Size:  243.9 KB

And the pass. side showing how easy the long tubes fit now....at least on this side. Driver's side is still going to be a pain.
      Name:  PS header clearance with setback.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  244.7 KB

Country Flag: Canada
      Normally I just fly past the truck builds. In this case that was a huge mistake! Your fabrication and ideas closely follow my current project. I also will post the details of my build in a fashion where the timeline is somewhere in the past.
      Really nice work, and several pics from your build have migrated into my ideas file. I keep a large picture file of any ideas that may work for me, or indicate what wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by SonomaZ View Post
      And a parting shot for tonight:

Name:  rear suspension assembled.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  218.1 KB
      Nice ass Rich lol
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Whatcha building egoman, let's see it! Build thread?

Ryan: yeah, I get that a lot. Or I'm confusing that with fat ass.

Waiting for the snow to fly with some fervor. Already had a small amount Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by SonomaZ View Post
      Might post some more pics of "what's in Dave's garage" later.
      Teaser: There's a numbers matching '67 Chevelle big-block convert getting paint in the body shop side.
      What's been keeping Dave busy....

Name:  20181024_190732.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  139.1 KB

My SIL's car. (Mrs. Dave.)
      Original SS 396 car back to it's original Bolero? red. Was a metallic blue and was a great 10 footer considering how sketchy the bodywork was.
      All sins now corrected.

Hey Rich, was watching a tv show, they are building Joe Rogan's 69 Nova, wheels reminded me of your build, thought I'd check on ya, see if there was any progress to report?

Name:  44634034_2234455833487403_1134255822823820446_n.jpg
Views: 2534
Size:  38.3 KB
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Heya Jeff, thanks for checking in.

Not much to report at the moment. BIL Dave taking a little holiday break on mine to work on assembly and buff out of the Chevelle.
      Things should pick up again after New Year's.

Love your Blazer build! Gives me some great ideas for mine.

This truck makes me wish I'd started with a 2 door blazer. Mostly. lol

Jay

Sorry about the lack of updates folks. There has been some progress, but relatively minimal.

As it tends to do, life (and other projects) got in the way for both Dave and I that put a damper on the Jimmy project temporarily.
      I did spend a long Memorial weekend in IA helping to get the red '67 Chevelle to nearly driver status. It is now and should be done.
      With that out of the way, things should pick up again.

When I was out for the long weekend, we did work on the truck a bit but it was a case of 1 step forward and 2 back. Minor stuff though, relatively easily corrected.
      (Broke one of the lower adjusters on the front AFCO AND realized there was only one TEE-bar lower mount.)
      So we couldn't get the front coil-overs in place with the new 650# coils. We DID get the back ones on however. Swapped the 12" long 200#'ers for 10" long 225#.
      The 12's were too long for the shock body.

There was also progress made with final body positioning and wheel/tire fitment.
      Teaser: The next picture update will have some new rollers to look at. Think, bigger and C6 GS.

been looking at those wheels also. Excited to see what they will look like on a Blazer. :thumbsup:

Apologies again for the lack of consistent updates.

Now that it's been determined the 19" and 20" Corvette GS cup wheels (can be made to) fit, I'm working on procuring a complete set.
      I initially only bought one front 19x10 and one rear 20x12, both used but great shape, for testing/fitting purposes.
      Tires I have. They are 285/30/19 Contis front and 345/30/20 Michelin PSS rear.
      I just picked up the other 19x10 front like new, just need to find another rear for cheap.
      This will be the street set of rollers. The sticky tires go on the 18's.

Now for the big news. I figure if I post it I can't chicken out and I'm committed to this decision.
      I'm going LS. There. I said it.

That, in and of itself probably isn't earth-shattering to most, but it is to me.
      I've been resisting the pull to the dark side for years, thinking I could get where I wanted to go with the GenII LT1. I can't and I know it.
      This truck has progressed to the point where a full bolt-on heads and cam type engine isn't going to cut it.
      Sure, I could take the easy way out and throw a Vortech S-trim or the like on the relatively stock LT1 and net maybe what, 350-375 and hope it holds together if I go for much more. Or spray it. Similar results. Sooner or later it goes boom without a serious upgrade to the rotating assembly.

Or, I could throw a couple Chinese hairdryers at a take out (I won't say junkyard) 5.3L or 6.0L GenIII truck motor and make a relatively easy 600 or so?
      It's hard to deny the capabilities of the engine platform.

What did I say earlier about keeping scope creep in check? Forget I said that.

So yeah. Twin turbskies, why not?

Small update:

Picked up a relatively complete '07 L33 with 80K miles.

That and a bunch of turbo bits.
      Thinking I'm going to run Holley Terminator X Max for engine management.

Need to convert the '97 T56 to '98 and up LS spec.

Dave has the rear frame section finished along with the rear floor and wheel tubs.

Need to get engine and trans situated so he can get front floor and firewall done.

Anybody want a really low mileage original '97 LT1?

Now you're moving in the right direction! Glad to hear the power plant and management system is settled and all you have to do is make it happen. I do have to wonder...why not do an N/A LS? I've been personally involved in a number of budget N/A builds and it's not hard to push 450+ from the truck motors. In the end a turbo setup makes more power, but the cost is similar, you add stress to the rotating assembly, and heat management is more difficult. Plus the engine bay is significantly more crowded. I realize an abundance of power is cool, but you still gotta hook it up if you want to be competitive.

Either way it's gonna be awesome! Even I was tempted early in my build to do an LS swap. Somehow I didn't, but it really is a fantastic power plant.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com