Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
      Country Flag: United States
      Sbeck09:
      A few thoughts why on: why not N/A? and your other questions.

Never had a turbo anything before. Had a few fast street cars in the 450 to 500 HP range, and played around with nitrous a bit, but not forced induction.
      I'm keeping this thing relatively tame by turbo LS standards, realistically 600-650 tops. I have no serious desire for a 1000HP street car at this point in my life.
      (I know I say that now......I've seen from other guys just how addictive boost can be.)
      Is it possible to beat the cool and wow factor when you pop the hood on a TT setup? It's a factor, I'll admit.

I can deal with heat and air management. Have given that a fair amount of thought.

Being competitive is not a goal for this truck/build. It's first and foremost something to have fun with on the street.
      If it was to be a competitive drag truck it would have a 4L80E and not a T56.
      A hard core 1/8 or 1/4 machine is too narrowly focused for me. I want to go around corners too and I like to row my own gears.

Excited to see what you come up with! Turbo's are addicting also!

Picked up a "scratch and dent" Sparco QRT-R seat for fitting purposes and to see if it will work for my fat butt and aging back. (I'm 6'1 and 220.)
      Other than a small tear in the fabric of the headrest it's mint.

Initial feedback from sitting in it flat on the kitchen floor:

I need to lose about 20 pounds but I still fit. It's snug, but it's supposed to be.
      It's padded a fair amount better than I thought it would be for a fixed-back "race" seat. It's pretty comfortable really.
      I'm sure my opinion could change after sitting and driving in it for a while.
      Not sure if it's going to be "Power Tour comfortable" without some additional padding.

Sorry to bore you guys with the wall of text my last few posts.
      I promise there will be more pictures to come shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by SonomaZ View Post
      Being competitive is not a goal for this truck/build. It's first and foremost something to have fun with on the street.
      If it was to be a competitive drag truck it would have a 4L80E and not a T56.
      A hard core 1/8 or 1/4 machine is too narrowly focused for me. I want to go around corners too and I like to row my own gears.
      After reading this I wanted to add a little bit.
      Being competitive may not be a goal, but being ABLE to make some safe 1/4 mile passes and possible track days are in the cards.

I'm willing to save money in some areas knowing the limitations, (Chinese turbos and turbo bits for an example) but not on safety.
      Safety is an issue even with a "fun" truck/build.
      This truck will have a full 10 point cage, (most likely with "street" low side bars or swing-outs..undecided) FIA approved seats and harnesses.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com