Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hello from Boise

My name is Steve and as the thread title suggests I'm in Boise, Id.

My ride is a 1985 Monte Carlo SS and it's currently under construction. The 355 that was in it developed a mechanical miss that I couldn't hunt down while it was in the car so I decided to pull it. Well while pulling it, I thought it would be so much easier to pull it with the front clip off. Then it was, "Well I'm this far, may as well replace the body bushings while I'm at it. Oh, and going from marron to black on the interior would be nice." That was 4 years ago. I've finally got the money to finish her up with the help of Kenny's Rod Shop in Boise. I'll do the chassis work while they do the assembly, paint and interior. I'm not going full autocross on this, just some good suspension upgrades. QA1 Stage 2 with a Currie 12 bolt. Drivetrain will be a LS376/480 with 495 HP and a 4L70E backing her up. Here are some pics of her before she was torn apart

Name:  i-WRRCZ7t-L.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  150.3 KB
      Name:  i-LtB9pz9-M.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  70.2 KB

The rest of the garage, '15 Jeep Wrangler, '18 Malibu Redline (Redline is the theme for the Monte rebuild) and a '21 Blazer RS.

Hope to post build pics soon. That means it is closer to driving her once more.

BoiseSS - 1985 Monte Carlo SS

Under Construction (Again)

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome!

Please post a build thread and if you ever decide to go with Holley EFI for your new engine and trans, please keep me in mind for tuning services.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com