Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

DSE Pontiac engine mounts

Using a DSE subframe and Pontiac engine in my 70 Firebird. Bought the engine mount brackets from DSE and the correct motor mounts. But when I went to mock things up yesterday, I noticed that I have a good 1/4" gap on one side. I had to use a spacer to get things to line up. Anyone else have the problem? It looks like the passenger side engine mount bracket is about 1/4" flatter than the driver side...don't know if that's by design or if I have defective bracket.

Have you called DSE?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

they were closed when I called, and I was hoping to make more progress today.

I called and they said they'd look into it.

Just hoping someone who has used these brackets before can chime in and report whether or not they had a similar issue.

Any updates with this thread?

I’m running the same set up. I have mocked up the engine in the subframe with the DSE frame mounts. Everything was spot on perfect. What motor mounts are you using?
      My '67 Nova Build Thread http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=218954

'73 TA build. @projectarrowhead73

Sorry. I missed the replies. I mocked up the engine with cheep motor mounts I had on hand, I think the box said Partsmaster or something like that.

TerryD, what motor mounts do you have?

Was thinking of buying the poly/stainless mounts that Butler sells. But wondering if the solid mounts are a good alternative. Don't think the Mighty Mounts will hold up long term with the engine I'll be using

Quote Originally Posted by Alponcho View Post
      Sorry. I missed the replies. I mocked up the engine with cheep motor mounts I had on hand, I think the box said Partsmaster or something like that.

TerryD, what motor mounts do you have?

Was thinking of buying the poly/stainless mounts that Butler sells. But wondering if the solid mounts are a good alternative. Don't think the Mighty Mounts will hold up long term with the engine I'll be using
      I am using the Butler poly/stainless mounts. My 505 is at 650hp/680ftlbs. Butler advised that these should handle it. Still in the build process so I can’t advise firsthand.
      My '67 Nova Build Thread http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=218954

'73 TA build. @projectarrowhead73

I bought and installed the poly mounts from Butler, and unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue. Actually, I ran into another problem. I installed the oil pan (Canton) and it hits the steering rack. I added .19" spacers on both sides, and the oil pan clears by a sheet of paper (before I snugged everything up). I'm thinking I need to go another .05 or so on each side, so maybe .25" spacers on both sides will do it. I shouldn't have to do this...I'm wondering if there's an issue with the DSE Pontiac engine mount brackets. The one on the passenger side is about 2/3 the height of the one on the driver side.

Quote Originally Posted by Alponcho View Post
      I bought and installed the poly mounts from Butler, and unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue. Actually, I ran into another problem. I installed the oil pan (Canton) and it hits the steering rack. I added .19" spacers on both sides, and the oil pan clears by a sheet of paper (before I snugged everything up). I'm thinking I need to go another .05 or so on each side, so maybe .25" spacers on both sides will do it. I shouldn't have to do this...I'm wondering if there's an issue with the DSE Pontiac engine mount brackets. The one on the passenger side is about 2/3 the height of the one on the driver side.
      FWIW, I had to have DSE send me a engine stand because of the was defective. I couldn’t get the bolt in the hole.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Here are some pics. Notice how the passenger side bracket is shorter than the driver's side. It seems to me that if they were the same height I wouldn't have to use spacers and it would be enough to raise the oil pan off the rack. Can TerryD or anyone else confirm that the brackets are different heights?

Name:  IMG_7294 (1).jpg
Views: 230
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  IMG_7299 (1).jpg
Views: 205
Size:  238.4 KB

Name:  IMG_7300 (1).jpg
Views: 202
Size:  224.1 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com