Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Id be ok with a 40 year rolling date. Maybe that is a good compromise.

If it doesnt change they will eventually die off.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Looks like we finally got what we wanted

Yeah, went to goodguys this weekend here at Texas Motor Speedway.. had a good time, the issue is obviously the age groups. You have alot of the retired end, which I think this show is catered too(rightfully so) and how do you start to bridge that gap to our generation(35-55 we will say) The oldsters love the tri-five and chrome, we have a tendency to like the performance and blended machined/billet/powdered/paint look..I think they need to build some more relevant classes, open it up to 87 and below(not just sunday) continue the autocross and all the sorts they are doing now.. patina class, unique FI class.. I dont know.. but would like to see the music change from Beach boys to at least 70's LOL

Its about time you Good-Guys FINALLY came to the realization that change is needed concerning the vehicle cut-off date at your events and changing your woefully inadequate attempt to satisfy the younger crowd with "All American Sunday"!

Because of the above I let my Good-Guys membership lapse several years ago. Same old crap at all the shows so nothing new. NOW there just might be something interesting at a Good-guys event beside the autocross and vendors. Your monthly magazine was the only reason I kept my membership as long as I did and eventually that magazine was not a good reason to continue my membership. Maybe now that might change!

I might actually attend the Good-guys Music City show in my hometown this year NOW that the vehicle year cut-off is 1987 according to your website. I'm an Old Guy who wants to see newer vehicles. I have already seen enough old junk in my lifetime.

It's time to see something new.

It's also time change all that Doo Wop and Surfin Safari Music to tunes that are a little "Mo Modern". Think about it. Guys and Gals that are a BIG part of your attendee's at your events that are 60 years old graduated from High School in the 1976-1977. Doo Wop and Surfin music is NOT their thing. American Grafitti might have been filmed in the early 1970's HOWEVER the movie plot is set in 1962. Time to MOVE ON! Very few of us now relate to that movie and that time. Maybe you consider the music from Saturday Night Fever instead!!!!

Bring on the 70's and 80's!
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

I echo all the comments above about raising the age limit of shows, I am glad that they have done so! I'm looking forwards to the AZ show this weekend purely because there will be a ton of new cars that are cool and I haven't seen before.

As for the Auto X, I think our questions were answered when Ed stated that the Vendors "Are the future of AC". I find this to be completely backwards thinking. The vendors are there to sell parts to us, the consumers. When you take time away from the consumers to promote the vendors, you are making the event into a show-off battle between the vendors. Sure they have lots on money invested in travel, but that's the price of business and advertising at shows like this, not a reason to give them special treatment.

For example, lets say a person goes to a GG autoX event and says, "hey, that looks fun, I want to do that". They spend several thousand dollars getting their car setup and show up an an event, expecting to race their car. In reality, they show up and get relegated to 2nd class because they are not a vendor and make maybe 4 runs all day while vendors get runs every hour all day. How does this make people feel? This doesn't even account for the people that can't/won't pay to build their cars up like the pro cars, but want to run their car and have fun. The autoX is supposed to be for show participants, it should cater to them first. But, GG is more interested in making a show for the general public, hence the vendor bias.

And don't even get me started on how bad the GG AutoX courses are setup... Too many cars ran into concrete barriers, that's why I always push people to SCCA rather than GG autoX.
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      You have alot of the retired end, which I think this show is catered too(rightfully so) and how do you start to bridge that gap to our generation(35-55 we will say) The oldsters love the tri-five and chrome, we have a dendancy to like the performance and blended machined/billet/powdered/paint look..
      35-55. Damn that’s harsh Kevin.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Agree. the Music is annoying at his point.. On a side not driving my 71 Bird on the Texas Motor Speedway track was a GREAT experience, I would like to see much like they have the tri-five group, do a Pro-touring/G-Machine class..Daily driver, PT, home built PT, Shop built PT etc...

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
      Its about time you Good-Guys FINALLY came to the realization that change is needed concerning the vehicle cut-off date at your events and changing your woefully inadequate attempt to satisfy the younger crowd with "All American Sunday"!

Because of the above I let my Good-Guys membership lapse several years ago. Same old crap at all the shows so nothing new. NOW there just might be something interesting at a Good-guys event beside the autocross and vendors. Your monthly magazine was the only reason I kept my membership as long as I did and eventually that magazine was not a good reason to continue my membership. Maybe now that might change!

I might actually attend the Good-guys Music City show in my hometown this year NOW that the vehicle year cut-off is 1987 according to your website. I'm an Old Guy who wants to see newer vehicles. I have already seen enough old junk in my lifetime.

It's time to see something new.

It's also time change all that Doo Wop and Surfin Safari Music to tunes that are a little "Mo Modern". Think about it. Guys and Gals that are a BIG part of your attendee's at your events that are 60 years old graduated from High School in the 1976-1977. Doo Wop and Surfin music is NOT their thing. American Grafitti might have been filmed in the early 1970's HOWEVER the movie plot is set in 1962. Time to MOVE ON! Very few of us now relate to that movie and that time. Maybe you consider the music from Saturday Night Fever instead!!!!

Bring on the 70's and 80's!

Don,

You are the obvious exception, you have the heart and body of a 21yr old

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      35-55. Damn that’s harsh Kevin.

Don

don,

you are the obvious exception, you have the heart and body of a 21yr old

kevin
      lol....
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Curious how this will play out. I hope it'll be good, I just know GG Scottsdale always gets jam-packed. I won't be able to make it this weekend unfortunately, too busy on the next project/deadline to take a break.

Though I will echo again since people are talking about it, please, up the rock to 70's era! It's been borderline for the changing demographics anyways, but with the deadline up to 87 along with the younger people that will come as a result, there are even less and less people that understand or enjoy songs singing about lollipops and bubble baths, lol. There are a lot of good 50's songs, but when you're locking yourself into that one decade... a lot of super cheesy stuff makes it through the airwaves.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Looks like everyone got a ton of runs last weekend in TX, hope the same works out for us this weekend in Scottsdale.

I'll be there all weekend rocking my 1985 Monte Carlo and I'm REALLY looking forward to it.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      Looks like everyone got a ton of runs last weekend in TX, hope the same works out for us this weekend in Scottsdale.

I'll be there all weekend rocking my 1985 Monte Carlo and I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

Considering they do a shootout at both of the events we have in Scottsdale, probably not looking good. I'll look for your car though!
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

I was able to get 4 or 5 runs each day and more if i stayed late. I expected to see alot more fox bodies and honestly there wasnt alot. Later in the day sat some new cars started showing up on the autocross course. It wasnt over crowded, very well organized, and i had a blast ripping on my car.

O and torchys lost a ton of business. they switched over from fuzzys and weren't even open :thumbsdown

If anyone has any pic of my car from last week please send them to me. Orange 67 camaro

Man, I was gonna run my 71 Bird against my wifes 2013 Viper on Sunday, I was there all day Saturday, but when I went out and drank coupled with Daylight savings.. I was screwed in the morning.. Now I am full of regret

Man, I was gonna run my 71 Bird against my wifes 2013 Viper on Sunday, I was there all day Saturday, but when I went out and drank coupled with Daylight savings.. I was screwed in the morning.. Now I am full of regret
      Kev, you young pups should stick to puppy chow and leave the hard stuff for the experienced old guys...

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Im left with nothing but regret :(

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Kev, you young pups should stick to puppy chow and leave the hard stuff for the experienced old guys...

Don

Im left with nothing but regret :(
      We went Sunday. It was windy and cool. You really didn’t miss that much. Not a single project car worth dragging home.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

How far this has come. I’ll see you guys at Good Guys Del Mar in a 94 BMW w/ a LS come April

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com