Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Everybody with turbo projects stop in and say hi

I catch bits and pieces on here about peoples turbo projects and was wondering who all has a turbo project running or in the works? I would like to hear about everybodys setups, such as what components you are running for exhaust, intake, fuel systems, ect. Post up some pics if ya got em too. :icon996:

Mike

Turbos, 1700.00
      Hot Side, 1500.00
      Cold Side, 1,000.00
      Fuel System, 1,000.00
      The look on the face of whomever the passenger is when the tires break loose at o say 70 mph or so........priceless

Turbocharged LS6 into an AWD Typhoon

Pics at www.turbols6.com/gallery

Country Flag: United States
      I have a few different projects gong on at once. Some various pics can be seen here... http://www.shearermotorsport.com/gallery/index.htm

My winter highlights if they all follow through are going to be a single turbo mod motor radial mustang, a 500in TT dart, and an ls1 camaro to prototype a turbo kit on. Hopefully it will be enough work to keep my mind off of the cold.

I'm building two vehicles this year.

twin-turbo 408ci LSX iron block for my drag car (1998 Pontiac Formula)

twin-turbo 348ci LS6 for my '69 Camaro convertible.

The drag car should be a high 8-second car (twin GT-40 turbos), the '69 will just be a fast street cruiser.
      Co-Founder, LS1TECH.com

Forged Wheel Dealer, Contact me for a quote!
      www.DV8Motoring.com

my pickup 96 f150 300ci 6 turbo
      my car 74 capri 5.4 DOHC twin turbo

Mine is a 355 blow thru, Holley 650, Intercooled, twin t-3's, A-1000 pump, custom headers and stuff, Dynomax bullets.
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

In the works :

1965 Buick Skylark- 383 SBC with TV81 turbo from a Detroit Diesel
      will be making 1 3/4 mild steel headers that get coated
      will try to work out a air-water intercooler first, but have the core for a air-air if needed. Tial 50mm blowoff and 44mm wastegate. All blowin into a 800cfm Holley carb. Shooting for 1000hp.
      1965 Buick Skylark

Country Flag: Netherlands
      350 with blowthrough turbo in progress....(slow progress I might add) aiming for a conservative 400HP

see my page for more details:
      www.pro-touring.nl

Martin
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

Mine is a 68 Camaro with twin turbos and twin intercoolers, on a 96LT1.
      All homebuilt with JY parts.. turbos off a GM diesel, Saab intercoolers, modified S-10 headers..

7 psi on the stock LT1 did 405 RWHP/513RWTQ, so it works fine. I am selling the 68 and putting the drivetrain in my 70, so that will be for the future.

Fuel system is Aeromotive A1000 and reg;, Accell DFI and MSD handle the ignition
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      70 Z28 Lt1/T56 project, 68 Camaro Lt4 Twin Turbo

Another turbo...

"Hi". My car is a '68 Camaro with twin turbo MoTown block 6" rod, solid roller 406 stroker with twin PT-52 turbos, HKS Wastegates, CarbShop blow-through, HKS SSQV BOV, etc. Aeromotive A1000 and regulator. The headers are from Kooks, but were modded to fit, I designed all the rest while my cousin at LG Motorsports welded all the tubing together. 720rwhp at 6psi. Normal boost is 9.7 so go figure. Glad to meet you guys.

Looks like there is some pretty cool turbo setups out there. My twin turbo setup is the first experience I have had with forced induction and DAMN its pretty cool! O and by the way I am running a 486 bbc with twin rajay 301e's with .8 a/r exh housings, aeromotive a1000 pump with a 13204 reg, holley 750 carb, 38 mm tial wastegates and a tial 50 mm bov. To those of you that are still building, let me warn you that it will be hard to wipe the smile off your face the first time you go for a test drive. Thanks for the posts guys, its nice to see other's setups!

Mike
      Turbos, 1700.00
      Hot Side, 1500.00
      Cold Side, 1,000.00
      Fuel System, 1,000.00
      The look on the face of whomever the passenger is when the tires break loose at o say 70 mph or so........priceless

In the works when money allows:

71 Nova, DSE tubs, cage, etc.

370" Gen 3 based off 6.0 block, stock except for forged pistons, rods, LS6 cam and valvetrain.
      GT-45 Master Power single
      DIY piping
      Treadstone vertical intercooler
      exhaust manifolds from a 05 GXP 5.3 (damn budget)
      Looking to make 500 RWHP initially then turn it up.

in the works
      74 dodge charger 440(fully modified and daily driven)
      adding twin turbo's with a cutler/holley mpfi (modified), 2 x t61's, intercooled with new wheels/tires and 4wheel disks to complete the upgrade

BUick Powered 69

I have a Buick Grand National transplant in my 69. Have a TE-45A turbo, 80# injectors and a front mount intercooler. Hard to fit it all in but worth the trouble. Best ET to date is 10.83
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by my72vette454
      Looks like there is some pretty cool turbo setups out there. My twin turbo setup is the first experience I have had with forced induction and DAMN its pretty cool! O and by the way I am running a 486 bbc with twin rajay 301e's with .8 a/r exh housings, aeromotive a1000 pump with a 13204 reg, holley 750 carb, 38 mm tial wastegates and a tial 50 mm bov. To those of you that are still building, let me warn you that it will be hard to wipe the smile off your face the first time you go for a test drive. Thanks for the posts guys, its nice to see other's setups!

Mike
      Hey Mike- I have the same fuel pump and regulator and am having an issue:

The fuel pressure is increasing almost proportionatley with engine rpm. All the electrical checks out, and the problem stops with the boost-reference disconnected. So under nomral load and acceleration the fuel pressure increases to the point of flooding over the needle/seats and thus the engine. It's like the regulator is increasing pressure even when the car is not in boost.

Have you (or any one else) encountered this?

What return line are you running? I had a too small return and had an issue similar to this. Also remember, even though the boost gauge is not showing "boost", it still has positive pressure and may be opening the reg just a little and the return may not be big enough to send it back to the tank. I got a 1/2" aluminum return on mine and it actually is not big enough, but will do. I just need to get the good regulator, I got a small Mallory on it and it is NOT near big enough.
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

I'm running -10 feed and -8 return lines. I'm leaning toward blaming the reg. since the problem doesn't happen with the line removed. I just can't get on the throttle without the line hooked up.

Maybe the reg. sees any drop in vac. as boost? If I find anything out from Aeromotive I'll post here, too.

I used 5/8 line on mine for both the supply and return, seems like I remember someone on another board with a similar problem bacause of a too small return line. Also I have my boost reference line coming off the intake pipe just before the carb hat so I dont have any vacuum going to the regulator. If your problem goes away with the line disconnected, you might try plumbing your boost reference line before the carb and see what happens. I have heard there is a pressure drop of a lb or 2 because of the carb and I thought it would be better to sense boost pressure before the carb than after to help insure the fuel pressure rises high enough to supply the carb properly. Going lean under boosts not a good thing. Hope this helps.

Mike
      Turbos, 1700.00
      Hot Side, 1500.00
      Cold Side, 1,000.00
      Fuel System, 1,000.00

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck
      I have a Buick Grand National transplant in my 69. Have a TE-45A turbo, 80# injectors and a front mount intercooler. Hard to fit it all in but worth the trouble. Best ET to date is 10.83
      Welcome Chuck. Where are you from?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck
      Now that sounds like a really fun project. 10.83
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com