Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by my72vette454
      I used 5/8 line on mine for both the supply and return, seems like I remember someone on another board with a similar problem bacause of a too small return line. Also I have my boost reference line coming off the intake pipe just before the carb hat so I dont have any vacuum going to the regulator. If your problem goes away with the line disconnected, you might try plumbing your boost reference line before the carb and see what happens. I have heard there is a pressure drop of a lb or 2 because of the carb and I thought it would be better to sense boost pressure before the carb than after to help insure the fuel pressure rises high enough to supply the carb properly. Going lean under boosts not a good thing. Hope this helps.

Mike

Hmm. Got me thinking: I have my boost refrence tied in at the hat. There is a "T" from the hat and the other side of the "T" goes to the line running from the baseplate, which I believe pulls vacuum much of the time. Makes me wonder if the vac. from this line is sending weird signals to the regulator. So the reg is almost actually reading from the baseplate instead. Hmmmmmm.

Country Flag: Netherlands
      hi just a 355 TT w/ 4 dellortos..soon to be replaced by a 598 that someday may receive 2 turbos also.

I love this thread...no turbo...not yet anyways.

Shaun would probably like his car in this thread! He has had some troubles posting, so here they are! Wow! What a ride!
      Attached Images Attached Images  

HEY HEY ITS THE GRASSHOPPER..... Well my Winter Project is goin to be my 1964 chevy Nova that i just bought for $5.000 from a Customer at my work he has lost intrest in t so its my now. Its has full Heidt's Front end on it Currie 9 inch rear end New Metal all the way around the car from hood fenders to doors and guarter panels ill be painting in very soon. Im installing my Chevy 350 with a single turbo set up i bought from my boss along with a 400 turbo trans. Should be fun in the spring when it hits the streets...........
      "CHEVY2 EVIL"

Hey this thread gets better by the day! Nice rides guys!! So whats Shaun's nickname on here?
      Turbos, 1700.00
      Hot Side, 1500.00
      Cold Side, 1,000.00
      Fuel System, 1,000.00
      The look on the face of whomever the passenger is when the tires break loose at o say 70 mph or so........priceless

Hey this thread gets better by the day! Nice rides guys!! So whats Shaun's nickname on here?

TwinSting......

www.evodindustries.com
      KENNY DAVIS HOTRODS

Quote Originally Posted by Y-TRY
      Hmm. Got me thinking: I have my boost refrence tied in at the hat. There is a "T" from the hat and the other side of the "T" goes to the line running from the baseplate, which I believe pulls vacuum much of the time. Makes me wonder if the vac. from this line is sending weird signals to the regulator. So the reg is almost actually reading from the baseplate instead. Hmmmmmm.
      If it doesn't happen when the boost refrence line is not hooked up, then I can almost assure you that the return line is too small or the regulator spring cannot overcome the pressure from the pump once it starts to raise. With forced induction, it can still see small amounts of positive pressure and still not show as boost. Kinda like the boost has to overcome the vacum before it shows as boost.
      Let us know!
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

406 sbc w/ twin t-61's, almost done w/ cold side then off to my fabricator for the down pipe & exhaust...then I'll be able to remove it all and have it coated

more pics jdpepper
      your setup uses similar turbo's as mine
      do you have more info on your setup... what size bov's, wastegates, piping did you use??
      what hp and tq you lookin for
      jason

Quote Originally Posted by viper11
      more pics jdpepper
      your setup uses similar turbo's as mine
      do you have more info on your setup... what size bov's, wastegates, piping did you use??
      what hp and tq you lookin for
      jason
      I'll have more pics when I get the dp and exhaust on. I'll be using a 50mm Tial bov and two 35mm Tial wg's. As far as cold side piping I'm using 2" from turbo to IC and 3" from IC to carb. The hot side will be dual 3" all the way out the back.

The engine
      406 cid
      dart little m
      eagle crank, rods
      je pistons (8.2)
      cammotions tight lash roller
      afr 210's
      victor jr intake
      csu 750 carb

Hopefully get 1000 + to the wheels

Looks good, JDPepper! Cool to see how everyone is accomplishing this!

It looks like you're going with a lift-off hood. which one? Would love to see the rest of the car! Very similar powerplant to mine. It's gonna take some mean boost to get us over 1000hp, but we can do it!

We are doing a 66 Beaumont heres the specs
      502 with 2 gt70 turbos
      world block, AFR 345 cnc heads, Hogans Intake, Burns 321 stainless headers, Spearco intercooler, callais forged crank , manley rods , cam motion solid roller, comp belt drive mcleod dual disk clutch, Jerrico 5 speed road race Magnesum case trans, Motec digital fuel injection with traction control, Aeromotive dual pumps with digital controler -12 supply. should be able to make 1500 hp at about 15psi boost

I used 5/8 line on mine for both the supply and return, seems like I remember someone on another board with a similar problem bacause of a too small return line.
      Not sure if this would help, but I was talking to Aeromotive last week about their fuel pump Speed Controller. They explained that you do not want a large volume of fuel circulating through the system since the fuel carries heat from the engine back to the tank. Not sure how true this is, but it liked the idea of controlling the fuel volume based on RPM's. This should also help fix any problems due to too small of a return line.

Let me know if anyone is using one of these since I'm planning on ordering one.

My car is a 69 Camaro Convertible, ZZ502, Whipple EFI Supercharger, and Aeromotive's pump/filters.

---Eric

Those controllers are cool.

I'd suspect the return line issue except that the problem stops when the boost-reference is bypassed. I'm convinced the regulator is increasing pressure based on faulty info. There is either something going on in the hat or that "T" with the baseplate is somehow screwing it all up. I'm going to stop Ninja-ing this thread and move this to another thread....

twin turbo

about air coolers i had to heavily modify the front of my camaro talk about no room trying to stuff a radaitor thats 4 times thicker a/c unit and a air cooler it fits but took several weeks of head scratching and probley about two days of fab work go figure but its well worth the time fuel system has two a-1000 pumps one on speed controler and other manual switch
      Last edited by 1984 camaro; 12-09-2005 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added pic

I've been a member of this board for a while, but I haven't stopped by in months. I've got a 78 Trans Am thats getting a 540 with twins. I've got the headers fabbed up, they're at a welder's getting TIGed right now. I can't tig for anything, much less something that has to withstand the stresses of a turbo motor.

I sold the motor thats in the second pic, so I used a dummy block and head to fab the passenger side (first pic).

what the heck happened to your turbo?

I like the turbo - is that floral foam?

Does a 87 Grand National count since it came with a factory turbo? I just bought one this week. They can go very fast in the quarter however I plan to work more on the suspension for ride and cornering.
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com