Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

1963 AMC Rambler Classic

Hi all.

New here. Figured this would be a good place to document a build that Myself and my friend Matt are undertaking along with UTP Racecars (www.utpracecars.com).

A 1963 AMC Rambler Classic Coupe.

The body: Will remain mostly stock with a few subtle alterations like a front valance, and removed inner lights for intake ducting and possibly a rear spoiler.

The drivetrain: LM7 and 4l60e with goodies coming for both.

The chassis/suspension: Mustang II front end, ridetech Coilovers, 4-link rear on a custom narrowed Ford 9"

The wheels: Boze Forged Clutch 18x8 up front and Boze Forged Clutch Concave 18x10 in the back.

The current weight is right at 2800lbs with stock driveline in the vehicle. It has about a 56/44 weight distribution also. The goal is to keep it right around 2800-3000 lbs after all is said and done.

Some pics and videos and a rendering below:

Rambler-1 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

Ken Cox - 1963 AMC Rambler 660 coupe logos by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

Entire front suspension has been removed by Matt, Brian and myself and the tires have been mounted to wheels at this point.

Here are some pics of the front wheel being mocked up. It will likely sit 1.5-2 inches higher than this pic. (Ran out of wood to lift the tire/wheel higher into the fender well. Should have decent room for turning clearance.

IMG_0618 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

IMG_0602 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

IMG_0597 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

20151231_151723 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

20151231_151653 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com