Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Update time. We went out to visit Republic Metal Works last weekend to see what they got done the past few weeks. They completed rust repairs including a replacement of the cowl tray. They also mocked-up and installed the vintage air unit under the dash. Wiring is deep in progress right now, PCM is installed in the glovebox along with fuse block. This will be nice and easy to access if necessary. A nice looking split intake is being custom made to utilize both open running lamp holes. Also considering doing a partial cage while the interior is apart to utilize for belts. Detroit Speed is now a sponsor of the Ramblur project, we will be utilizing their battery relocation kit. Looks beautiful and should distribute the weight a bit better.

IMG_2205 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

IMG_2202 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

IMG_2188 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

IMG_2171 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

IMG_2164 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

IMG_2155 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

IMG_2146 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

IMG_2104 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

IMG_2111 by kcoxphoto, on Flickr

Ramblur-1-2 by Matt, on Flickr

Ramblur-1 by Matt, on Flickr

SHE LIVES! First fire-up last weekend.

Country Flag: United States
      Man, this things looks *and* sounds mean, I love it.

Country Flag: Australia
      Congratulations. Sounds great. Part of me was hoping you would stick with the original gauges but the new ones do look good.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

Thanks Guys!

The original gauges did not provide enough critical information, they only included speedo, fuel and coolant.

I was curious as to what color was used on this car. I am doing a similar project and want to use this color.

Im working on a 65 rambler classic 770. Im woundering where did you get the 4-link and how you attached the ladder bars to the chassey. Was an crossmember used with out the curcle. Im working with the amc 401 9.5.1 402hp with 446 foot lb of torque tc 727 trans. Trying to or would like to run exhast all the way to the back with out removing fuel tank. need help with this project

Quote Originally Posted by Stitious View Post
      I was curious as to what color was used on this car. I am doing a similar project and want to use this color.
      It is a custom blend of modern Mercedes metallic silver and classic Porsche 356 silver; a 2 stage basecoat/clearcoat. Although, Mercedes Benz silver will give a close enough approximation to do touch ups. The matte black, like behind the grille, inside the hood, and inside the engine compartment, is Duplicolor Ceramic Engine Enamel. The interior bits I did were a gloss enamel black. The original silver was just OK with only 56k original miles on it, but I thought the matte would look good. But, remember, AMC’s always had engine compartments in body color, only. I owned the car many years ago - I was the one who got it to its red wheels classic look - and I am the one who had it painted to something close to the factory original Spectre Silver. I asked my paint and body guy, Rob Aberdeen from Match’s Auto in Bonita Springs, Florida to paint it. He had silvers from the two from previous projects, but not enough to paint the car in one of them. Since they were almost the exact same mix, he just combined them together to make enough for the car. BTW- it was painted TWICE! The first time, the extremely hot weather we had made some of the paint go off before it hit the metal in a few surface areas. So, it scuffed up again, and was painted with 2K epoxy primer, basecoat, and clearcoat a second time. The car was stripped of everything, glass included, but wasn’t jambed since it was originally silver. The only paint flaw I ever seen was a small area where it was slightly cloudy on the roof, above the passenger side. But, as many of you know, silver is very has to get right.

Sweet Ride. I saw pictures of your wheels and it help inspire me on my 64 Fairlane. Similar body lines!

i have a question, which heidts front end did you use? i'm building a 64 classic pro street

Awesome Rambler

You should be under 3000 pounds easily. Mine came in at 3020 pounds. It has a full cage, regular SBC, and about 50 pounds of Dynamat.

On mine, I moved the firewall back 10", serious engine setback!!
      Attached Images Attached Images    

pics

A few more pics.

A couple more

A couple more

Quote Originally Posted by marzo91 View Post
      A couple more