Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Custom header cost

What have you paid for custom SS headers in your area?

Specs:

• Small block ford, 351C 4V heads
      • Built on the car to guarantee fit, tight clearance (especially on the driver side) will likely mean the tubes will have to individually removable with a slip on collector
      • Long tubes
      • 1 step (1-7/8 to 2")
      • 1/2" flanges
      • parallel merge collectors
      • TIG welded, argon back purged

I tried the PVC mock up from GPheaders and couldn't really get it work due to the tight clearance.

It looks like the guy does good work and I will see his work in person before I commit. I was expecting $2000 - $2500 tops but was quoted ~$3600, $30 hours @$75 / hr, the rest is material. I am to the point where my desire to get it done has mostly outweighed other factors (time, money, learning new things) and I am willing to write a check to clear roadblocks but I am having trouble justifying $3600 to myself.

Any thoughts?

Custom header cost

That's about what it takes unfortunately.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

I am building a set of 4-2-1 Stainless headers for my '70 Mustang. The materials are not cheap, much less the time it takes to make all the parts fit. If there is a builder who will do them for $3,500.00 and all you have to do is drop it off, then pick it up, well worth the money. They are fun to build, if you have some equipment, and can pony up the cash for some icengine works modeling blocks, they pay for themselves rather quickly.

Yep, what Dale said.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com