Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      King crunch- yes that is a wing of sorts. Made from some old riot shields i had laying around. Mostly a gag but the came out decent. I have an aluminum radiator and have switched out two of the cragars for some mustang rims which helped some. I would Love aluminum rims but they are pricey.

Tom- truck felt good. Rear grip out performed the front so after two laps i was pushing everywhere. Need more 18s and some re71s all around, but that will be after CAM challenge. Heres a vid of my first run.

https://youtu.be/6N-INRA5DhU

Video from yesterday. Won the CAM-S class. Times were competitive to other classes also. Most were in the 50s, my best was 56. Not bad for a truck. This run was smooth and felt great. It really felt slow to me but i was looking out ahead and decided to give it everything. I think i might need to get a radio in this pig because i remember driving a whole lot ballsier when i was cranking metal. Ok tom here is the video.

https://youtu.be/je-YD20vuMg

Country Flag: Germany
      Looks like tons of fun!
      What did you do to the steering? It looks like it turns pretty quickly for - i assume - a saginaw type steering box.
      Low ratio box?

Its a saginaw box. A newer one from the 81-87 trucks. Turns ok. But in the cab im working the wheel. I need quicker turns.....

Idea:
      Have the fenders sand blasted, like several times. If they use a coarse abrasive, it'll remove quite some material. Especially in the "vent areas" on the lower corners

Ha. Those are......fender vents.....haha. never really started any body work on this thing. Not really a priority. But with the future plans we have been thinking over it might become a large part of the next build phase. I would imagine there is at least two coats of paint in this thing olus the rattle can job i put on. Should be a decent amount of weight coming off if i strip it. I got it scaled at the impound after my runs on saturday and i was happy with my results so far.

Front and rear scales are opposite. I al NOT happy with my wheel base numbers. 117" i measured. Minimum is 100 i think. I am pushing to make it a lot smaller here shortly. And some pics...

How were the Kooks?

1973 Corvette Factory Primer Car
      1969 Barracuda Convertible
      1967 Plymouth Valiant

Very predictable and would not break loose. I also found that 615ks handle well once you take all the tread off. I was able to stick fairly well. I put some good speed to the truck and it didnt phase it. Well it pushed a little with th 615k slicks on it but the rears were awesome!!!

Cool, the kooks tend to like heat and the 615k likes cool, so you may find depending on temp one works better than the other. For the Summer you may want to see if you can find some used kooks for the front...

1967 Plymouth Valiant

New surprise in the garage today

Now the build really begins. Hope i can pull off a full frame build in my garage. Kinda nervous about a feat this large but its only metal right?

Take your time, measure umpteen times before cutting anything and keep it leveled and take lots of pics for us :D
      I can't use the Crown Vic suspension on my truck (frame too wide) so i am a bit envious...

1985 Dodge Power Ram W250 3/4t 360/518/241
      2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT-10 505/T56/D60 small upgrades

I bought an extra frame just to take my time. And i will build my frame to use the crown vic stuff. Hopefully it.comes out like i see it in my head haha

Slowly getting stuff done. Heres a little teaser. My rims for the front should be here today so i can get my ride height set and start burning stuff in. Stay tuned. Its going to get a little crazier in the next few steps.

This thread definitely needs more pics, when the action goes down.

1985 Dodge Power Ram W250 3/4t 360/518/241
      2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT-10 505/T56/D60 small upgrades

Went to CAM challenge this past weekend and had a blast. Got 11 runs in amdy front tires were past being bald for the last 6 or so runs. Got matched up with the winner of CAM-S which was a tricked out C4 so that was funny. Truck handled great and im still plunking away at the frame in my spare time

Great job this weekend Bryan, I like this pic, a sea of Vettes, Mary Pozzi, and the Beast...
      Attached Images Attached Images  

1967 Plymouth Valiant

Your truck looks awesome all the time, but especially in action! Do you have any other DIYs like the wing planned in the future?

Tom- i thought it was funny myself. The real laugh will be once im running on tires that arent used.

Centerforce- my nex modification is going to be a new 2x3 frame with a crown vic front end and 3 link rear. After that is done i will be doing a plexi rear spoiler, and widows out of lexan. Stay tuned!! Coming to a california autocross near you haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mtrhd329 View Post
      Centerforce- my nex modification is going to be a new 2x3 frame with a crown vic front end and 3 link rear. After that is done i will be doing a plexi rear spoiler, and widows out of lexan. Stay tuned!! Coming to a california autocross near you haha
      Sounds awesome! We love ourselves some DIY's, and will keep an eye on your build for sure!

Thanks for the kind words. Ill definately provide some interesting low budget ideas. Today i got my 17x10.5" mustang rims mounted with some 255 40 17 rs3s. Why not a 285 or 315 or somwthing with such a wide rim? Well performanc tires in 17" are not easy to come by. Also sidewall flex is important also. I bought 255s since they were cheap and popular and then 10.t" rims to match my back rims. When i put them together there was an inch on either side of the rim outside of the rubber. I got scared to say the least. Then i started looking around and saw that tires wider than rims are not winning. A few cars even had the tires slightly streched and they said it was reduce sidewall roll. Seemed like a decent idea to try to put those 255s on my rims. Mounted them up and i have to say they look pretty good. Got them on the crossmember so now i can set ride height and get some measurements taken and start cutting frame rails.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com