Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Bare metal Monte Carlo

I have a 1972 monte that one of the previous owners sand blasted and left unprotected. The car has surface rust covering it, I want to go bare metal with it. But I need a way to protect it. Any recommendation to prevent rust once I get it down to bare metal?

i'd spray it with epoxy primer.
      Dale Hayes
      87 turbo t
      turbonetics t60, pet stock location intercooler, ride tech coilovers, rjc exhaust, 60lb injectors with tt chip, ported heads and intake, ported tb, baer brakes, roh 17 inch wheels....now need to finish paint and get it put back together.

Country Flag: United States
      SPI (southern polyurethanes] has one of the best epoxy primers. It is shiny, which helps you see what you need to do for bodywork. A reduced thickness coat also makes a great sealer coat just before paint.

Country Flag: United States

Bare metal Monte Carlo

Gibbs lubricant or Mavcoat perhaps

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com