Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Gt35r = 62mm

Country Flag: United States
      You dont feel that is too small of turbos? Just curious your thought bud. Looks sweet though!

They were bought originally when it was gonna be a 408

These turbos have supported vipers making 1200+rwhp. Looking back I'd have done the 67mm version of these had I bought them post 427. These will work for now and 67mm will be part of the next phase.

Yes plenty of power at anytime. I was low boost on a 383 making 750rwhp, but just changed to a Dart 415 lower compression and expecting right at 1000 rwhp on the new set up/engine. I should have it all back together by mid May so we shall see how close I am, but I don't think I will be off to much. I was running the aeromotive stealth tank but it will not support my new power level, so I had Ricks Tank make me a Tank with dual 450 pumps that will support up to 1700hp. As well can't just change the tank without changing multiple fittings and bigger lines...not cheap. Change one thing its a snow ball effect ..

Quote Originally Posted by rfalker1 View Post
      The way your turbo was mounted at first glance I thought it was a 2jz ! But what it looks great! What size turbo are you running? And Yea I can imagine the extra headache the comes with running an intercooler and meth! I am trying to stay far away from that lol.

And do you have a lot of lag ? or is t fairly responsive?

Quote Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post

These turbos have supported vipers making 1200+rwhp. Looking back I'd have done the 67mm version of these had I bought them post 427. These will work for now and 67mm will be part of the next phase.
      i run a 6768 on my Supra! Love that turbo. Those turbos will spool extremely fast as well
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...d-Intent-V-2-0

1993 Toyota Supra 6768 Built Single Turbo

Slow Lifted Jeep No TURBO :(

Randal F

Quote Originally Posted by obengston View Post
      Yes plenty of power at anytime. I was low boost on a 383 making 750rwhp, but just changed to a Dart 415 lower compression and expecting right at 1000 rwhp on the new set up/engine. I should have it all back together by mid May so we shall see how close I am, but I don't think I will be off to much. I was running the aeromotive stealth tank but it will not support my new power level, so I had Ricks Tank make me a Tank with dual 450 pumps that will support up to 1700hp. As well can't just change the tank without changing multiple fittings and bigger lines...not cheap. Change one thing its a snow ball effect ..
      Yep boost is addicting! But I guess that is why you see super high hp cars run two fuel fittings! If I knew you was changing I would have bought your whole setup! I just finished buying lines, pumps, fitting etc! NOT CHEAP lol. And that is a lot of power!
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo

Randal F

Right on. Was just wondering. I had Precision 62s on my built GTR, They love a lot of boost. It will start to shine above 32psi. I was running more boost then that on those turbos and it loved it. I think 67s would be a really good choice for a bigger V8. Plan on building on my 502 with a 67 set up. Looking good though bud!!

Quote Originally Posted by rfalker1 View Post
      i run a 6768 on my Supra! Love that turbo. Those turbos will spool extremely fast as well

What supra do you have? If you are on Supra Forums, whats you screen name? Ive been on there for 10+ years. Had a couple decently big build 97's 6 speeds. 1 black and 1 RSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Willis808 View Post
      What supra do you have? If you are on Supra Forums, whats you screen name? Ive been on there for 10+ years. Had a couple decently big build 97's 6 speeds. 1 black and 1 RSP.
      Rfalker1 I think...
      and a 1993.5 6 speed, 6768 pt, gsc s1 cams, ported heads, suspension, sound system.. etc. So you are a build let it go and do it again type of guy!

this girl
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo

Randal F

^^ Nice RR Supra...Well the first 97 Blk/Blk 6spd Built 3.0 with Motec M600 was my baby with low miles. Everything was mint condition. Mine and SW's Supra looked identical but mine only made 960whp. It got stolen when I was away for work during christmas many years ago...Then my last 97 RSP 3.4 Stroker 6spd was also low miles and mint condition. Made a little over 1300whp. But I sold it to my buddy since at that time I was running out of room at home garage and my shop (man cave). And was focusing more on my GTR and Bikes. Supra prices are crazy right now! Someone offered 75k for my old RSP but the current owner said no. hahaha.

Nothing beats a classic/hot rod. I love love my 56 Chevy. Im glad this thread was created so I can see how everyone is setting there turbo routing. Now I just need to figure out what I have to do to my ZZ502/502 to make it handle some boost. I have a lot of learning to do regarding Chevy Motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Willis808 View Post
      ^^ Nice RR Supra...Well the first 97 Blk/Blk 6spd Built 3.0 with Motec M600 was my baby with low miles. Everything was mint condition. Mine and SW's Supra looked identical but mine only made 960whp. It got stolen when I was away for work during christmas many years ago...Then my last 97 RSP 3.4 Stroker 6spd was also low miles and mint condition. Made a little over 1300whp. But I sold it to my buddy since at that time I was running out of room at home garage and my shop (man cave). And was focusing more on my GTR and Bikes. Supra prices are crazy right now! Someone offered 75k for my old RSP but the current owner said no. hahaha.

Nothing beats a classic/hot rod. I love love my 56 Chevy. Im glad this thread was created so I can see how everyone is setting there turbo routing. Now I just need to figure out what I have to do to my ZZ502/502 to make it handle some boost. I have a lot of learning to do regarding Chevy Motors.

Wow, sorry to hear about the first supra and sorry to hear about you selling the second supra look (joking joking) How do you like the GTR? I heard they are really nice, but very easy to drive, but very fast at the same time. Is all that true? and what mods have you did too it, I bet giving you had a stroker supra, you have an alpha GTR!

As far the 502, Same rules apply as with the supra, accept you can't boost it like a 2jz.... And do it all the time without eventually killing the engine. With my 383 I plan on running about 16 lbs... the same as on mu supra. But that will be pushing what my block can handle!
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo

Randal F

Quote Originally Posted by F-Body International View Post
      I have a Pontiac 400 myself. I think best thing to do is to build a nice fuel supply and ignition system before other modifications take place. This preps your car for being able to supply higher horsepower applications. After that is accomplished, efi or a boosted application would be less expensive up front. This thread highlights that.
      Yea for sure... if you upgrade to the point where the upgrade is literally the turbo system , it can be taken pretty easily... but even better if you design your car before to run boost and everything is already there!
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo

Randal F

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1098 View Post
      Great info...thank you...I was thinking about doing the same thing except with a 400 pontiac...I'm sure the price is even alittle higher with that motor...definitely something to think about..great post!
      No problem it was my pleasure to inform, cause even with a turbo kit, all this prices are still going to exist
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo

Randal F

to the OP, sorry you had a tuff time,I wish i would have seen this thread earlier I could have saved you a good bit of money over what you had to buy,IF you or anybody else ever needs anything fabrication wise for forced induction setups or fuel system etc etc etc dont ever hesitate to give me a call. you can check us out online and what all we make and sell and if anybody needs anything ill give you a discount code for being Pro-touring member,Alot of guys on here have helped me out so if i can help you guys out it will be my pleasure

www.racepartsolutions.com

Wade McGowan
      Race Part Solutions
      561-375-6277

Just took this picture this past weekend after re-installing the hot side...This is why i went turbo. Hard to get this look from a SC setup...

THAT is the wow factor for me.
      Do you have a build thread? Interested on how you plumbed together the Intercooler setup.. I would love to do this with my 66 chevelle. It looks like you kept the AC too.

There’s definitely a reason 90% of force fed lsx swapped cars opt for superchargers lol. They can be had for a fraction of the price of a legit TT build. Noting beats turbos though.
      1968 Restomod FireBird • Twin Borg Warner EFR Turbocharged LS3 • T56 Magnum • Ford 9”• Modern Sub-Frame & Suspension • C7 Seats • 24 Pistons • Forgelines

Country Flag: Canada
      I'm thinking geardrive procharger twins won't be much difference in price to your twin turbo installation. If you're doing it properly its never cheap and there aren't many shortcuts.

If you do everything yourself its not too bad, having a shop do all the work will break you. I learned soo much building mine and its so much fun driving it I would not do anything but twin turbos on any future car builds.
      Name:  DSCF2852.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  211.6 KBName:  DSCF2852.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  211.6 KB
      86 Buick GN, Stage 2 V6, Twin EFR Turbos

I think when I retire in a few tears I'll build a TT 632ci Blueprint power adder crate engine with twin EFRs in a 70 SS Chevelle.

Mike
      86 Buick GN, Stage 2 V6, Twin EFR Turbos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com