Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Electric Entry System + Push Button Start System

I installed an electric keyless entry system from Klassic Keyless. Great system, easy to install and great communication. The system installed easily and without issue. I now have electric doors and trunk.

I also purchased a push button start system from Innovative Ignition System. Absolutely the worst customer service and communication. I would steer anyone away from them for that reason also. Besides that I just finished installing the system and it's amazing.

I no longer have any keys for anything on my car. When I hit the unlock button on the remote the doors unlock and the push button system is activated. After I push the button to turn off the car, exit, then hit the lock button it automatically deactivates the push button start system. It's so sweet!

For piece of mind I purchased a magnetic hide a key and put some spare batteries for the remote in the frame rail just in case the remote batteries die.

Just thought I'd share. I've always wanted this setup and finally went for it and I love it.

Country Flag: United States
      What did you use for wiring boots in the doors for your installation?
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

The electric door kit from Klassic Keyless came with rubber boots for in between the doors.

Country Flag: Australia
      Thanks for the information. Am I right in thinking that apart from crappy customer service you are happy with the operation of the Innovative Ignition System?
      James
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

Yes, now that I have the push button start system wired up, I'm very happy with the kit. It works perfectly and exactly how I wanted it to. I no longer have any keys for my car and the added security of the ignition being deactivated when I look my doors with the keyless entry system.

Country Flag: Australia
      Excellent. Thanks!
      James
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

Added bonus recently realized, I no longer have a bunch of keys in my pocket nor do I have keys banging into my dash as they swing from side to side attached to the ignition.

I assume the push button start system you got is the PBS-1000-RFID?

Was install difficult, is that why you had to deal with customer service? Or what led you to need customer service?

Thanks!

I actually purchased the PBS 688 system. I was thinking about the RFID kits but they require you to swipe the RFID over an antennae to activate the system.

I went with this other kit because I could wire it directly to my electric door kit as described above.

I didn't need any assistance once I tore in to it, but I just wanted to completely understand how to install everything beforehand. I didn't want to pull everything apart and have my car down since I drive it at least 2 or 3 times a week for work.

Sounds pretty darn cool. do you happen to have any pictures or video of the install or functionality of the system.

Pictures don't really do it justice. I put a video up on my Instagram account you can checkout. Search for 1967ls2 or Adam Stoddard on Instagram and you should find my account and can find the video. The video shows the unlock of the doors with the remote, and you hear the push button start system activate and see it light up. Then you see me push the button to start the car and push to turn off. The video ran out when I tried to capture the push button deactivating when I lock the car but it gets the point across.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com