Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Question about hooker 42503hkr exhaust system

Hello i got the 42503 hkr exhaust system for 67 camaro i m trying to figure how to install the hanger in the back, if someone got few pics it will be great thanks

those hanger goes on seatbelt bolt,and those on the rear frame rail , i try different way but doesnt seem fit

I try few things , when i assemble the exhaust on the floor every hanger braquet are parralel, the passenger side seem fine
      On the driver side i think the hanger was weld the wrong way and should be the mirror of the other side ,like the black marker line.

- - - Updated - - -

Here another pic of the over axle tube, i try to figure if the rubber should go vertical or horizontal? My frame rail are new and i m not sure of the location of the other hanger

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by leturnracing View Post
      Here another pic of the over axle tube, i try to figure if the rubber should go vertical or horizontal? My frame rail are new and i m not sure of the location of the other hanger
      I can post some photos up for you on Monday if someone hasn't already done so by then...your muffler hangers that attach to the seat belt gussets seem to be on the wrong sides of the car, try flipping them one for the other.

Yes ,pictures would be great thanks

Yes ,pictures would be great thanks
      Here's a photo of the passenger side muffler hanger in its correct orientation on the seat belt gusset...the driver side sits on top of the gusset with the hanger rod pointing to the outside of the car in the same way.Name:  42504HKR-11.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  99.8 KB

Thanks for the picture , i install the bracket with the black sharpie line on the driver side like you mention and its the same as your pics so i try the other bracket on the driver side

If the angle in the bracket go on the top of the seat belt gusset , the rod should be weld like the green tape on the bracket thanks again for the support

If the angle in the bracket go on the top of the seat belt gusset , the rod should be weld like the green tape on the bracket thanks again for the support
      thanks again for the support[/QUOTE]I just realized that the angular position of your gusset on the driver side is opposite of the gusset on the car that is depicted in the development file. Because of that, the possibility exists that the gusset on the other side of your car is also located with a slightly different location and I'm thinking it is due to the hanger rod angling upward slightly in your last photo. Is your car a Canadian built car? Here's the photo of the driver side hanger, which shows the opposite angle orientation of the gusset...Name:  hanger.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  74.1 KB

Thanks for the pics and the answer, i change everything under with Autometaldirect product, maybe the seat belt gusset from AMD are different angle from factory , with your pics ,i can cut and reweld the bracket to fit my car . Thanks for your time

Thanks for the pics and the answer, i change everything under with Autometaldirect product, maybe the seat belt gusset from AMD are different angle from factory , with your pics ,i can cut and reweld the bracket to fit my car . Thanks for your time
      Yep, that's the difference I believe...thanks for identifying the source of your floors, I'll have to send out a notice to the guys in Tech Service.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com