Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41
      Country Flag: United States
      Thank you for explaining how that works. I didn't know about the +2min thing for every subsequent bid - that's a lot more like a live action than eBay where the auction just suddenly closes. I think that benefits both buyer and seller so the person that really wants it most and is willing to pay up is the one that wins, plus the person selling gets top dollar. The non transparent reserve price makes sense to me too; let the bidding decide if it will meet reserve rather than someone just looking to see.
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

Was watching your car the last hour really climbed. Its nice the way they do the 2 minute timer. Guess u didnt sell it? Do they give you the contact number of the highest bidder incase he wants to match your reserve

Did it sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
      Did it sell?
      Surprisingly, no.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Unfortunately the bidding didn't reach my reserve price, so the car didn't sell at auction. However, I am having a call today with the high bidder so time will tell if we can make a deal.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Unfortunately the bidding didn't reach my reserve price, so the car didn't sell at auction. However, I am having a call today with the high bidder so time will tell if we can make a deal.
      Its good they give you that info. Good luck. Hopefully you get it sold

All good things must come to an end, and it's no different for the Penny Pincher Camaro and I. Sorry for the cliché, but a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into this build and I have learned so much in the process. My spot in life has changed from when I first bought this car and with a growing family I'll need something bigger. I feel really good that I was able to revive an old Camaro and bring new life to it. The guy that bought it is really excited for it and is not a re-seller so that makes me feel so much better about the sale. I was able to take the car from a broken down car, to running/driving on it's 50th anniversary. I was able to swap in 3 different engines, with the final being an absolute beast. It was also the first car that I've ever had with any forced induction. I owe a lot to that car, but in the end we are only caretakers of these cars and now it will live on for another 50+ years.

Here's a few send off pictures of the car before, during and after it was loaded up on it's way to Los Angeles.

I wanted to get a proper picture of myself with the car before I sold it, so I got a quick one before it was loaded on the trailer.

It was in good company too.

I'd like to thank everyone here that has helped me along the way with parts, advice/suggestions, critiques, or other support. Great community here and I look forward to sharing my next project when it comes along. It's likely going to be a 2 door wagon of some sort. I want to find a solid body late 50s or early 60s wagon with really cool patina. Ford, Chevy or other. Not sure what it will be but I'll know it when I see it.

Cheers,
      Ryan

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Congrats on getting it sold! Sounds like its headed out my way. Maybe I will see it around one day.

1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com