Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27
    Country Flag: United States
    I'm in the same boat. I'm driving mine as well. Still have some things to do also. The paint looks great BTW.

Thanks man! I'm pretty stoked, I signed up for my first auto x event for next Sunday. Anyone have an old helmet kicking around they want to let go for a good price? I'm a L or XL

New Project: 1968 Camaro LS6, T56, Z51 brakes, 12 bolt

1976 T/A LS1, 6 Speed, C5 front brakes, and etc. SOLD

I just saw the news congratulations on the new car guy! You made some nice upgrades to the car, good luck at the auto x.
    Wayne
    Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
    Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

I went to my first Auto X event this past weekend and it was an absolute blast. I was up the night before making a few tweaks to the car that I had been meaning to do. First was (embarrassingly enough) getting some exhaust hangers on the mufflers. When I first got the car together and the exhaust all welded up, I used some mechanics wire through some muffler hangers. Out of sight, out of mind but I wanted to address this since I knew I was going to be throwing it into some hard corners. Sorry no pictures.

Then I moved on to address a faulty knock sensor. I have gotten a P0327 Low performance code since I first got the car going and wanted to address it since I had the motivation. Installed the new AC Delco knock sensor, and this was the engine at about midnight before the event. Unfortunately on the way to the event, the code came right back on. So that leads me to believe it's a wiring issue.

I had to grab something to eat and stopped by the Dunkin Donuts, and I'm sure it was a coincidence, but there were a few boys in blue. Thought it made for a funny picture.

My buddy that came with me took several pictures of my car. It had minimal body roll and really hugged the corners.

This is going to be my first of many events. I really had a great time and was so nice to use the car for the purpose of how it was built. The LS1 pulled hard and I actually never left first gear since it was such a short course. It's really a lot harder than it sounds to stay on course and not get lost in the cones... We were fortunate to have 5 runs in the AM and 5 runs in the PM. I got lost on the first two runs, the third I was able to complete and had a time of 34.9, then the last two were 33 and 32, but I kept going around the wrong cone so they didn't count.

Then in the PM after I had an opportunity to watch the others run, I got a better feel for the course and completed all of my runs. This time I was getting more aggressive and got a few penalties for cones. My best was a 27.1 with no penalties, but my fastest time was a 26.8 +2 for one cone.

It was really cool in the AM too, my Mom was watching my older son and brought him along to watch for a few runs. He really enjoyed watching all the "race cars". And even though I did poorly in the AM, it was really cool having my son wave at me and cheer me on!

Then on the way home at an undisclosed non-closed course, I tried to best my time of 5.4. I knew that I had more in it. Much happier with this! Other than the damn check engine light for the knock sensor...

Cheers,
    Ryan

The car has now been put up for the winter. I got a few more cruises in before the weather turned, and unfortunately we had a streak of cold weather come through and they salted the roads... Haven't done a thing to the car, but I did pick up a 6.0 that came from a H2 and a set of 821 LS3 cylinder heads in exchange for building an LS swap for a buddy. Now I'm not sure if I want to sell the LS1 and use that money to buy a good good cam and rebuild this motor, OR just sell this and use the proceeds to buy a cam kit for my LS1?

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27