Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuda at SEMA

Yuba City, CA (bout 1/2 hour north of Sacramento)
      i LOVE this car! even if its not pro-touring in alot of peoples eyes...wonder what this will sell for?

J.T.

Rumored to have cost a mere $1million...dollars.Very cool car.

It almost looks like a detroit concept car the way they detailed it, I mean that as a compliment. I get sick of cars with chrome/candy/polish everywhere , this looks like a real designer thought it out.

I will take one in plum crazy or a pearl lime green, thank you.

Country Flag: United States
      Absolutely and completely amazing! I am stunned. Are they really going to drive in the Z2Z? I hope so but I would be even more stunned to see someone drive a one off 1 mil car that hard.

I can't wait to get more info on this thing...In a recent mag there was a story about the resurgence of Mopars along with construction pics of some...including one from Alan Johnsons shop. I wonder if this is that car?

wow. love the carbon fiber work...

man, that is awwwwwweome.
      pain is nothing compared to the emptiness that comes from quitting.
      owner of "Primal"
      1970 Camaro RS
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2092707
      Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Bigblue73
      Try This - Day 3 of this photo shoot has some nice shots. Awesome.

http://www.speedsportlife.com/sema-2...lery-uploaded/
      It is an very cool car. I had to check it out twice...........and there I am in my Pro-Touring/G-Machine shirt supporting the site and wishing the car was mine.
      W.
      William Rouleau
      Project PonySnake - '67 Mustang Fastback

You have to get up way early to get a shot like this!

I need a better camera.
      Attached Images Attached Images          
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

I just got back, I will post some good pics of it later tonight. I would have to say, that was the BEST protouirng/showtouring car I have EVER seen. Every single aspect of the car was amazing, here is a list of things i learned/noticed about it;
      900+horse without nitrous
      all aluminum HEMI
      6,000+ hours(8 months full time build)
      1.5(or something) chopped roof, stock windshield, lexan rear glass
      AME full frame, with C5 front suspension, and C5 Transaxle!!
      Full Carbon Fiber front clip, fenders hood, inner fenders
      CF inserts on top of door
      devil brakes (weigh about 10 ilbs per corner, titanium rotors etc...
      5" ground clearance
      Has PPG paint
      EVERY SINGLE part of this car was custom, and was all top notch craftsmanship, highly functional also. About the only thing that i ddin't find fuctional was the 20+" size wheels on the back. Many custom one off machined pieces all over the car. This thing plain blew "sickfish" back into the water! The guy answering all of the questions was their painter, and was real nice and helpful. I host some pics in a minute

BTW almost every aspect of the car was about performance, and everything seemed to have a lot of function right along with complete form! To say the least I really liked this car! lol

5" of ground clearance?!?!?!

That is amazing considering how low the thing looks. They must have really channeled over that AME chassis.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Damn True
      5" of ground clearance?!?!?!

That is amazing considering how low the thing looks. They must have really channeled over that AME chassis.
      Alloway's Challenger has one of our frames under it as well. Bobby mounted the body so the pinch weld on the rocker was level with the lower edge of the chassis. The roof sits at 47" and he still has 4" of ground clearence.

Don't forget that Alan's car is both chopped and sectioned and the front end has been lengthened.

damn

It is without a doubt the coolest, baddest car I have ever had the pleasure to lay eyes on. And anyone who thinks it ain't pro-touring has been smoking too much happy rock. It has all the right hardware.

All hail the new king of pro-touring. Long live the king.

Quote Originally Posted by streetfytr68
      It is without a doubt the coolest, baddest car I have ever had the pleasure to lay eyes on. And anyone who thinks it ain't pro-touring has been smoking too much happy rock. It has all the right hardware.

Amen Brother. I just hope we see someone running the F**K out of that car.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by streetfytr68

Yup, basically what I said The guy I talked to said, the car will be on power tour, and will be driven hard on the street, he wasnt' too sure about the track. He also said the owner did have an equal hand in the creation of the car. Ask Vince I couldn't stop raving about this car all day. Like Steve said, the best car I have ever seen. It wasn't the prettiest to the "eye" like the balwin camaro, but it is better that way! BTW whats funny is I remember PHR mentioning way back that they were planning this car to be the baddest PT car ever, and that it is supposed to do Everything better than anything out there. They sure did succeed!! All they need now to hold the crown is to go out and do it!

I was the only guy crawling on the ground taking pics underneath the car LOL. What a humper I am!! and if anyone is wondering, they (from what i was told) cut open the down bars on the roll cage, then welded a small diameter tube inside of it and then put the carbon fiber insert in the opening. So that is why you see carbon fiber on the roll bars. SUpposedly it also stiffens up the cage(the extra tube). Another note is that the body unbolts from the entire chassis, without touching the cager, the entire body can be lifter up(or something like that)

Yuba City, CA (bout 1/2 hour north of Sacramento)
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70
      Amen Brother. I just hope we see someone running the F**K out of that car.

Andrew

:rtfm: so THIS car with 20"+ wheels is Pro-Touring??!! Andrew are you feeling allright??
      J.T.

....................................uh Oh................................................ .

I think I just messed in my pants That is one bad fish!

Very nice car indeed - i see lot's of idea's that i may copy
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ViperBlue68

:rtfm: so THIS car with 20"+ wheels is Pro-Touring??!! Andrew are you feeling allright??
      Do we really want to go down this road again? I said my peace in the previous thread. I still think that 20 inch wheels do not belong on a car that is supposed to be designed with the ultimate handling in mind. Once again, this is not MY opinion, but a proven concept based on years of development by many racers combined with simple physics. If you pay careful attention to the Cuda, you will see that there were measures taken to cut unsprung weight. The rotors were made from titanium. This was no doubt done to counter the 20 inch wheels. This is certainly a step in the right direction.

Andrew

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 52 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com