Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Where did you get the grille material?
      Its just a honey comb ABS grille if I recall. I got it off ebay and its kinda nice because you can pick just about anything when it comes to design and shape of the honey comb . You can also pick the dimensions of the grille so it lessens the amount of cutting on the backend of things.

Thank you. I'll go search.

Just an update; my other rear valance got me by, I was trying to achieve a certain look with it but feel like I never nailed it. It didn't help that it broke when I was taking it off to make the adjustments I wanted. It was uneven and kinda sagging. It broke and kinda just fell apart. So more reason to get this valance right. My plan is to get the one side done first and then copy it on the other side. The templates are all made out of cardboard so I can just use the same ones for the reverse.
      Attached Images Attached Images                

This is the progress made on the rear valance. As you can see the cardboard is going to represent a piece of metal that will slope downward underneath the gas tank. The exhaust is currently underneath the cardboard piece. I am going to cut the exhaust and make it so it will come the cardboard piece. Use that as a template and then cut it and weld it to the existing valance. Then unfortunately I will only be halfway done.

New look in the old car without too much silliness everybody likes that!

This is the progress on the rear valance. I finished the passenger side, and then created a panel (based off the cardboard template above) to more closely replicate a diffuser. The exhaust hangs below the diffuser as of now, but I am going to cut a hole in the panel and make it so the exhaust is flush with the panels. I think I will also make a little fin on each side, not totally sure how big I will make it though. Then I have to make a spot for the rear back up light. It's the same light from my previous valance. I will have to make another template for it to fit. The problem I am having is how close to the gas tank it will be, so for it to be flush I will have to build a housing for it. The light will go in the middle underneath the license plate.

Valance is looking good!
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Please do not take this as criticism, I like the look a lot, but is the front side of the middle rounded bits that hides the fuel tank open? it seems to me this could act like sealed scoop, and trap air under the car. I remember Honda's having problems with this back in the early 2000's that's why you always see large holes in the back bumpers. This would probably not be an issue until you were going 100mph+ and even then would only cause resistance. love the car though, you have come a long way in a short time.
      My cougar project.

Holy shrimp, it's been a while hasnt it? Its time to get this train moving. I've mainly been just driving the car and enjoying it. My wife actually drives it more than I do lol. Im going to be moving on to the 10 items that I have been dragging my feet on.
      1) New mirrors (again) - I'm just never satisfied with the way the mirrors look vs function. Time to go with a new setup
      2) Perfecting the Nose cone - Its really a must imo to get that nose cone looking just right
      3) Spoiler -- I know many will cringe at this but I've mocked it up just perfect, It looks great. Its modest, low profile and blends well into the lines. Im making the car look a little more balanced with it.
      4) Side skirts - Again, potentially scary word, but the end product I have mocked up looks nice. (I've gained inspiration from Roadstershop)
      5) Door handles - same issue as mirrors, it either looks like too much or something is missing
      6) Possibly new wheels, but I have to find a wheel place that could possibly make them custom
      7) Stance - Rear needs lowering
      8) Paint - Its time the car gets a new coat (it will remain the same color) - Might delete the stripes
      9) Clean up the engine bay - paint, teflex, shroud
      10) Flipping Antenna delete - dang how long have I been saying this? Just do it already bruh

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8