Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I've got some cool additional pieces to put on the engine.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

That's so cool. My grandpa had one of these back in the days. He stopped driving it when his sight got worse, stayed in the garage underneath an indoor car cover and finally decided to sell it. No clue where it is now but I'm hoping his car is being taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by bjulie View Post
      That's so cool. My grandpa had one of these back in the days. He stopped driving it when his sight got worse, stayed in the garage underneath an indoor car cover and finally decided to sell it. No clue where it is now but I'm hoping his car is being taken care of.
      Thanks! They are fun little cars. They are out there somewhere, its a shame to see them go sometimes but hopefully you're right that somebody is driving it.

Those are custom coil cover plates. Had a guy whip me up a pair. The text on them is so cool looking. This kind of stuff really pulls the car together I feel. Once the wiring is finished, then it will be time to put the car on the road for some test drives. I bought a car lift for my garage so thats exciting too. I really want to build a couple engine compartment panels that will go over the gap of the radiator support and shelby nose. There is a gap in between those two spots when you look down, I kinda want to place a panel over there and maybe have it say "COYOTE" in the same font as the coil cover plates. Then I want to make a cover for the engine. But out of metal. I don't really care for the oem coyote engine covers I think they look too bulky.

So today was difficult, the driver side header was a real pain to get in. Idk what shifted or changed, but I was usually able to get it in there within a few seconds, today I had about 2 hours sunk in it before it was in. I had to remove the alternator and loosen the steering shaft before it fit. Thankfully we did remove the alternator because something was wrong with the pully part of it. It was brand new but the pully wouldn't turn at all. So it all kinda worked out in the end. These are some pictures of the exhaust wrap, lol its about impossible to see now

Just tried on my custom coil covers... I love them so much. They look so killer. The paint match is close too. These really make the engine look bigger and tougher.

So a lot of progress just not many pictures because nothing all that visually exciting. It took a long time to get just a few things done. Some annoying set backs like leaks in the power steering for some reason. Leaks around the trans pan... that has a brand new gasket. And just random wiring finishes. Hooked everything up, and filled it with fluids. $150 for fluid, thats with a discount. All in all its ready to fire tomorrow. Have a cold air intake ready too just not pictured.

Well the car fired up! I struggled with it at first but managed to get some help from andrewb70 on another forum page. Thanks a lot man! I may have to pick your brain here in a few weeks when I start doing some shakedown test drives. I got what I was looking for from the Holley EFI, I wanted something that I could start the car up in a matter of seconds. I was kinda over trying to teach my wife the tricks of a carb engine. Pictures will be posted later today. It's on the ground ready to drive. Although I have a power steering leak again, brand new lines.... Fords are made to leak I think lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatorange67 View Post
      Well the car fired up! I struggled with it at first but managed to get some help from andrewb70 on another forum page. Thanks a lot man! I may have to pick your brain here in a few weeks when I start doing some shakedown test drives. I got what I was looking for from the Holley EFI, I wanted something that I could start the car up in a matter of seconds. I was kinda over trying to teach my wife the tricks of a carb engine. Pictures will be posted later today. It's on the ground ready to drive. Although I have a power steering leak again, brand new lines.... Fords are made to leak I think lol.
      Glad to help. Let me know if I can be of service with the tuning.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Well the car is running like a freight train (not sure if that's a good analogy) and the holley system is very responsive. The holley efi seems to awaken the coyote. I still have to button up the power steering, the pressure hose I put on there isn't rated high enough I think, it bulges a lot when under tight turns. Basically just need to start putting things back together and making it look nice.

Even with the custom front end that big Coyote sure fills up the engine bay.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
      Even with the custom front end that big Coyote sure fills up the engine bay.
      You're right about that! It definitely fits close. But its relatively easy to get in and out. Hopefully though I won't have to rip it out for a long while.

Here are some progress pictures. I have been working on the power steering lines for weeks. Had to get pressure rated hose and fittings and it just took forever. Finally the panels are in and the fenders are on. Now I am mocking up the cold air intake. Already welded a bung for the MAT. Now I just need to put the nose on and get my hood pin/latches in.

Love this build new it up. Always loved aa 67.
      Growing up brother had a 67 fastback a 68 fastback with a Boss 302, it was a sales promo car before the. Boss was actually introduced. He lost it to storage rent. A one of a kind gem. Then he had a 70 boss.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      Love this build new it up. Always loved aa 67.
      Growing up brother had a 67 fastback a 68 fastback with a Boss 302, it was a sales promo car before the. Boss was actually introduced. He lost it to storage rent. A one of a kind gem. Then he had a 70 boss.
      oh man that does sound like a one of a kind car. It always makes me wonder where those cars end up. Did they wrecked? Sold to someone who loves them or are they sitting rotting somewhere? Its so hard to find them again but definitely makes for a good story.

Hood Latches

I gotta say I love the way the hood catch latches look. Its not super fun cutting into the fresh painted hood. But they look like they will work. It was tricky figuring out which way they should angle because there are so many different lines on the car. I broke out some blue tape in mighty inspiration of #secondchancecamaro

Well the very long and tedious process of stripping the car down and building an entire front suspension and new engine compartment is 90% done. As you can see most of it is wrapped up. The headlights aren't in because I felt they stuck out just a little too much. So I had to adjust the back brackets to recess them a little more.

As you can probably see, the grill isn't in either. I have to modify the cold air intake to bring it back to a point my grille sits in.

The next part of the project is as follows:
      1. Modify the front nose cone. The nose slopes in a way where it is just too narrow in the front opening. You can kinda see how the line from over the headlight to the part of the nose where the grille opening sticks out, it slopes down and in, it doesn't really follow the same line. So my plan is to fix these lines. And open the grille up more.

2. Redo the rear valance. It just isn't right. It looks poor. The lines are wrong. I'm gonna redo that too. I'm gonna fix this too.

More updates to follow

You're gaining.

Got a longer drive in today. I'm not totally sure how much more I'll be able to drive it. The cold weather in Michigan is here and snow is fast approaching. But what I like about the Holley efi is that it runs like a new car despite the car sitting for a month! Cold weather I would have to play with the carb a ton, the efi is perfect in the cold or heat. I am gonna have to get with Andrew to tune it to perfection but it looks like I'll have to wait for a break in the weather. I got some cool shots of the front end back on. I also mounted the air cleaner. I'm thinking I need a bigger air cleaner. I know these things need to breath. The test drives today were successful. I can't wait to get it on a track and actually break the suspension more.

The front nose coming together! The finishing touches, I have to admit I think it looks cool without the grille. But with so little room at first, it's nice to get everything to fit. I need to paint a few things still, keep everything from rusting.

Where did you get the grille material?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast