Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Country Flag: United States
    So here is an update for all of my 2 followers lol. So, we mounted the battery box. The box is bolted down, and the lid to the box has the strap on just to hold the lid down. 2 reasons for this, 1) if I get into a car accident the battery box wont tip over 2) the lid needs to be strapped down so if an accident occurs the battery doesnt flip onto the gas tank and start welding a hole into it...

Next, the progress on the headers, yes I understand, they are not long tubes, but we're dealing with really limited room. They are able to be bolted on and off with the engine in the car. They open into a larger 3 inch pipe to provide more flow. Ideally each port is supposed to be equal length but in this case its just not possible.

Finally, you can see the progress of the engine compartment. Two vertical pillars welded on top to the cross member and bolted on the bottom. Then two panels, one on each side, bolt on an off. So, basically the whole front end comes off with a few bolts just in case we need to pull the engine.

Attached Images Attached Images              

Spent some time looking over your 'original' idea and your getting somewhere I see, not an easy task as you saw my 68 ragtop job..I'm plugging away like you!

Well the progress has been slow due to the pandemic. Its hard to try to work on it when its currently in my dad's garage and not mine. Social distancing has made it so we can't pull the engine out and finish this stuff. But progress, although little, is progress. Mocking up the cooling system is now complete. Although these aren't the most up to date photos. Another great accomplishment is the antisway bar. Had to make some brackets for it but it is mounted. Its rear facing instead of front. Just too much stuff with the power rack, k member, and tie rod ends to try to put it front facing. And finally, with the biggest news yet, I finally purchased the EFI and trans controller. Holley performance supplied the terminator kit. It allows for the cams to be utilized and not locked out like other kits. Not like that's better or worse then other kits but for my application it will be using the engines full design. Its cool too because it controls the transmission. And it works with my holley fuel pump. So now... When something breaks or doesn't work, there will be no pointing fingers at which company is to blame because its all holley's products. The wiring is underway. And the headers are now getting their finishing touches.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

You have more than 2 followers, I'm sure. lol. I remember seeing this after your initial post, and a couple times after that, but sometimes builds get knocked down a page or two and you can't remember the name or user building it, and have to wait for it to pop up again. I forget where I set stuff down 5 minutes ago, much less a thread I read a couple months ago! lol.

Where are you at in Michigan?

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
    You have more than 2 followers, I'm sure. lol. I remember seeing this after your initial post, and a couple times after that, but sometimes builds get knocked down a page or two and you can't remember the name or user building it, and have to wait for it to pop up again. I forget where I set stuff down 5 minutes ago, much less a thread I read a couple months ago! lol.

Where are you at in Michigan?

Jay
    Yeah, I appreciate that, it's true, there are a lot of golden threads on here that I followed for a while and people just stopped posting so I eventually forgot about them. There was this one guy who did this awesome 68 coupe, really cool metal work, but it stopped like a year or 2 ago, so much potential there too. I live in the southwest Michigan area around Kalamazoo county.

I might as well take this time to say that after the coyote is in and running I'll be taking some time to redo the front nose and rear valance. I've learned a lot over the last 6 - 9 months that I feel like I can make them better. The nose is close, but the lines are wrong. Plus it kinda got cracked from someone leaning on it at a car show, which I had anticipated. The valance bothers me more and more when I look at it. The lines are not straight. I think I should have taken the time to make a metal one vs a fiberglass and plastic one. The only thing is the gas tank, it sits kind of low. I wonder if I could raise it up a little.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6