Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by justin51986 View Post
      too bad you couldn't have gotten a 1968 shelby nose.. they had the "boxed in" hood like you are talking about
      Yeah I know what you are talking about. I think those look really nice. But I guess I will have to make do with what I have. I hope I can make it look as nice as it would be if it were to have been designed by the company itself. Figuring out how exactly to align the center top piece that I made a mold of from the original hood to fit in as one complete nose cone has proved more difficult than expected. There are just so many different angles to take into consideration. The gaps are now even and the nose itself is coming along nicely as far as body work goes but I need to get a move on because I still have my custom hood to start and finish. Plus paint when it gets warm. Michigan is kind of annoying me right now because of its unprecedented temperature changes lol. Pictures to follow

This is my progress, a lot of body work that needs to be done. I am starting to like the way it looks. I still have to do more aligning and reinforcement.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

im getting itchy just looking at this....
      "Racing is life. Everything else is just, waiting"

So this is not the finished product. I have made plenty of progress since this photo. I have it nearly perfect as far as alignment goes. In this picture my hood latch was really stupid so the rag is in there to align it a little better. I have had a bit of a time welding the hood and grinding it to look perfect. I need help with hood ideas. Please, lend me suggestions!

hood ideas as far as what? Are you going to take the ridge down the center into the fiberglass? Maybe continue it into the nose a couple inches?
      "Racing is life. Everything else is just, waiting"

That front ends really coming together nicely. Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by xsboost90 View Post
      hood ideas as far as what? Are you going to take the ridge down the center into the fiberglass? Maybe continue it into the nose a couple inches?
      Hey! Yes it actually does continue down the front nose it just doesn't show up in this picture. I guess what I want to do is customize the hood. Fab a scoop or cowl induction or 2015ish hood look. I want to start threading some ideas while I do body work on the nose. Bring it closer to paint. I do need to work on the nose and get the lines nicer. Make the nose just slightly more agressive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Centerforce View Post
      That front ends really coming together nicely. Good work!
      Thank you! I really appreciate it!

A couple of Hot Air Extractors (I think that's what they are called?) would look awesome in the hood...
      Ron -
      1970 Mach1
      440 RWHP, 428 RWTQ
      Calypso Coral, 357W, T5Z 5-speed,
      Edelbrock 454 17x8 Wheels, 255x40x17 rear, 215x45x17 front, Bridgestone Potenza RE-71, TCP Coilovers Front, Global West Del-A-Lum Bushings,Global West Adj. Strut Rods, Wilwood Discs All around

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1_Ron View Post
      A couple of Hot Air Extractors (I think that's what they are called?) would look awesome in the hood...
      To build on this idea, take the version of the hood with the turn signal lights in it behind the radiator and make them deeper, with or without the turn signal lights, for functional heat extraction.
      Roger

69 Mustang coupe, under construction
      2011 Mustang - DD
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ang-SuperCoupe

Freedom Of Speed!

Heat extractors are usually naca ducts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1_Ron View Post
      I like that idea, I may have to do those. I would like to do a scoop or something with the heat extractors as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 69stang View Post
      To build on this idea, take the version of the hood with the turn signal lights in it behind the radiator and make them deeper, with or without the turn signal lights, for functional heat extraction.
      Do you have any pictures of this?

Take at look at Agent 47's Hood...
      Name:  harbinger_exterior04.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  58.8 KB
      Ron -
      1970 Mach1
      440 RWHP, 428 RWTQ
      Calypso Coral, 357W, T5Z 5-speed,
      Edelbrock 454 17x8 Wheels, 255x40x17 rear, 215x45x17 front, Bridgestone Potenza RE-71, TCP Coilovers Front, Global West Del-A-Lum Bushings,Global West Adj. Strut Rods, Wilwood Discs All around

Modified version of this
      Roger

69 Mustang coupe, under construction
      2011 Mustang - DD
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ang-SuperCoupe

Freedom Of Speed!

So I have made more progress. Here is a shot of wood stabilizing the center piece while it hardens, warping and fiberglass can be good friends. I started a mock up of the hood. I probably will incorporate some type of heat extractors for it. I noticed the 2015s use them, and since you guys suggested it, I think it can be a "win, win, win" situation lol. I kind have been struggling with the design of the hood. A lot of measurement goes into it. While the 2015s have many different angles to go off than the 67/68s.

Shoot, I posted upside-down. I'm sorry about that

So just incase not everyone is familiar with the 2015 hood, this is a picture of one. Notice how the hood raises up in the middle, kinda has some really subtle fin like sides going on. When a scoop is added I personally think it is one of the nicer hoods out there. This is my goal, to pull this off on a 67 stang with similar lines that reminds people of the new generation models but compliment the lines of the old is a difficult task. Once pictures are taken of the progress of the hood, please lend me constructive criticism. I don't want to drive to a car show looking like a fool. You guys are my pro touring experts!

Progress Pictures

Body work... no fun

Rounded the front so it's not so flat all the way around

A lot of sanding and alignment with the hood to the nose. I widened the gap between the hood and the nose. I felt that it was too close and didn't match the other gaps around the whole car. Please give me feedback on what you guys think, I personally like the way it turned out. I just got my headlight buckets and headlights today. Really need to find a wrecked 2015 hood so I can cut the center out of it lool.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast