Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1967 Mustang Coupe - Old to New

I am new to the board, I hope to gain some insight into the world of great car craftsmanship. I have restored a 1967 Mustang coupe, which was a disaster when I first got it (more pictures of that later), and I am now hoping to design a new look that will entail new and old mustang models. I know it's a coupe and not that $100,000 fastback build. But I am really hoping to get opinions from all over the board to get a coupe into the ranks of something more than just "2nd best".

This is what it looked like about 3 years ago after about a 3 to 4 year restoration. At this point I was satisfied with how the car looked but I really felt as if the car fit perfectly into the satisfactory category. First things that popped out at me was the stance, too high in the back. Another thing that stood out to me was I really didn't stick with a good theme. Blacked out bumpers and everything but then Chrome mirrors and antenna. So I am getting rid of the antenna and most likely mirrors. Let's see some suggestions!
      Attached Images Attached Images  

New Gas cap, part of the whole, get rid of the chrome plated accessories thing. That is also a custom valance I built, I will probably redo it.

Keep us posted! Sounds like a pretty cool project. I love seeing something a little different.

Will do! I appreciate the kind words!

So I managed to find a Shelby front nose off ebay for $40. What can you do when nobody else is bidding? Bad part is that it fit so terribly that I had to cut it in half. I have made metal brackets and welded studs to fasten it to the fenders. After that I glassed over it to make sure it is sturdy.

I have an extra hood, thinking about making my own design. I glassed the nose together so it is now one piece. I don't want to spend $400 on a shelby hood so I think I will either extend this hoos or cut it and make a solid nose like the 2015 mustangs.

This is the valance I made, not sure if it looks as good on the car as it did in my head

Welcome. You should start a thread in the Project Updates section.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Welcome. You should start a thread in the Project Updates section.

Andrew
      Thanks for the suggestion! I added this project to the project updates thread!

Country Flag: Canada
      I have a soft spot for the car. Have one myself. If you Google - Angelo 68 coupe you'll see that we have the same taste in cars. Looking good buddy. What are some of your visions for the build?

Country Flag: Canada
      If your going to mod that hood I would definitely find a boss 429 hood scoop and make it a shaker!! That's my second hood for the 71.

Hey, I see what happened, check out my profile, it's under old and new, I changed the thread title slightly and moved it to a project updates section