Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

'67 Firebird/Camaro Front Wheel Size

Hello All!

I am looking into purchasing some wheels for my 67 Firebird. I have recently installed the full ridetech level 2 coilover kit with tubular UCA/LCA, 2" drop spindle, and ridetech Tru Turn. I am running the stock subframe.

Currently have 17 inch rim with a 275/45/17. No rubbing what so ever on the front end.

Looking to upgrade to a 18" rim on the front end. Is it possible to run a 18"x9" rim on the front end? Anyone out there doing it?

Thanks,
      Jake

Last edited by Larry Callahan; 01-18-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Country Flag: United States

'67 Firebird/Camaro Front Wheel Size

Tons of people run that. If I remember correct, back spacing should be 5-5.5" on a 9"

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      Tons of people run that. If I remember correct, back spacing should be 5-5.5" on a 9"

-Dale
      The front wheels I'm looking at have 6" backspace, so I suppose maybe I will have to use a half inch spacer or something..

Country Flag: United States
      How wide are your 17" wheels? Are you going wider on the 18"s?
      Brian

'67 Camaro SS/RS, Blueprint Engines LS376, Bowler T56 Magnum
      Front suspension: Ridetech, Speedtech, DSE
      Rear suspension: Speedtech Torque Arm

I believe they are 17x8 but not 100% positive. I just don't want to to take off the tire just for the sake of measuring.

Hi guys,
      Still looking to upgrade my wheels on the fire chicken....

I have a 67 firebird, mini tubbed and rear end shortened by 1" per side. Currently running on the rear: Size 17x11 Bolt pattern is 5x4 3/4 with a 6 1/4 backspacing.

In the front, not running anything aggressive. Something like a I believe they are 17x8 wheel with a 245/45/17 tire. Have ride tech suspension and tru-turn which should allow for a 10" wheel and 275 tire.

I would really like to go wide in the front (275 if possible). Considering staying with 17 or going 18 MAX.

I am in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Let me know what you guys have!
      Thanks, Jake.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com