Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by WesB View Post
      Toddoky

Does Hooker make an exhaust system that will clear a DSE Quadralink in a 1970 Nova? We have notched the front corners of the trunk floor and are using a Rick's tank with clipped corners. It still looks tight to me to get around the rear coil overs and to the back of the car.
      I want to route the exhaust over the rear axle and back to dump below the rear bumper.
      The engine is a 525HP LS3 with Ultimate Headers mid-length headers #101011.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
      Wes
      Hello Wes. Hooker offers a 3" kit to clear the DSE Quadralink suspension in a 1st-gen F-body, but not one for the 3rd-gen X-body platform at this time. Some companies advertise exhaust systems that are claimed to fit both applications, but I believe that claim is misleading to the user based on the differences between the wheelbase and floor heights of those cars. Any exhaust system prototyped on a 1st gen F-body will not provide maximized ground clearance on an X-body (X-body floors are much higher) and any system prototyped on an X-body to maximize ground clearance on those cars will not be installable on an F-body car. This is the reason Hooker offers specific exhaust systems for each application.

Toddoky,
      Thanks for the reply. Looks like we'll building our own exhaust after all.
      Wes

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
      Interesting.

I have shorty plugs on cylinders 5 and 6 right now but they're still touching the primaries.

I may just have to get a set of these.

Do you think Summit would have them or is there still a chance that they'd have the "old" headers?
      A quick fix might be to run two header gaskets on that side?

Quote Originally Posted by WesB View Post
      Toddoky,
      Thanks for the reply. Looks like we'll building our own exhaust after all.
      Wes
      I would say that's your best bet if you want to end up with something that provides maximized ground clearance.

How can you a call an exhaust kit that requires you to cut the floor and braces a custom kit?
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      How can you a call an exhaust kit that requires you to cut the floor and braces a custom kit?
      I didn’t have involvement in the development of the system so I can’t credibly give an answer to your question.

Im looking to remedy the ground clearance issue with my 68 firebird. Currently has 2207-1HKR super comp ceramic coated headers. Drivers side is angled down and the collector flange is rotated to point down. The small block chevy has trick flow 195 heads, power steering, and an automatic transmission. Aside from the reduced primary size, are the 70101333-RHKR what I am looking for? The part number listed on page one is no longer at summit.

Name:  IMG_3897.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  167.7 KB

Name:  20180610_085125.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  146.0 KB Upside down pic Name:  20180610_085221.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  106.5 KBName:  20180609_121330[1].jpg
Views: 693
Size:  237.1 KB

That part number would be the 1-3/4” version of the headers for raised D-port heads. The part numbers were changed when the headers were migrated into the Hooker Blackheart line, but their geometry is the same.

Hooker Headers for camaro

I am replacing my low hanging dynatec headers before my trip to the f body nats in September. I am hoping that your new sbc headers will work on my lowered 67 camaro conv. ( original SBC w/ Trick Flow aluminum heads on tall oem motor mounts to Original frame--- Tremec TKO600 on Xfactor cross member---2.5 in exhaust. )
      I am hopeful from the pictures here that your new headers will solve my clearance issues.
      Is there anything that I may need to keep my exhaust tight up to my floorboards?
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by Dark Pursuit; 08-01-2018 at 07:05 PM. Reason: mis spelling

I’ll need to know the specific Trick Flow heads you’re using to be able to give you an assessment of compatibility.

Toddoky, Thanks for the response.
      I was mistaken on heads, they are Flo-Tek 101500 heads

I found the listing for that particular head on the Flo-Tek website and was able to verify that the exhausts ports utilize the stock exhaust port shape. I could not however find any information regarding the exhaust port height, so you'll have to contact them to verify if they are in the stock height location, or if they have been raised from that height. If the ports are at the stock, there's nothing about the design of those heads that would lead me to believe the Hooker headers for the stock port heads wouldn't work for your application. They are designed for straight or angled plugs so you are good to go there as long as you understand you are limited in what brand of plugs you can run with these headers...A/C plugs cannot be used because of their length being about the longest on the market. NGK (the manufacturer who makes A/C plugs these days) makes plugs that work great since they are shorter than the A/C plugs. The mini-starter I see in your photos may or may not clear the headers, so be aware of that.

I checked height before I purchased them and they are stock exhaust location. Thanks for heads up on the starter, any recommendation for one that will fit ?
      I was though, more concerned at cross member area, and looking for a recommendation there.

The headers may clear your starter fine, but I can’t say for sure by judging from a photo. In not, there are multiple starters available with clockable housings. I’m not going to be much help with judging compatibility with your crossmember as I’ve only ever seen the headers installed on a car with a stock crossmember.

Thank you Toddoky,
      Both answers clear my concerns, as the bottom of the xfactor cross member (from American powertrain) and oem member are at the same height. And upgrading my mini starter to clockable is an easy fix.
      I'll post a picture when I get it all in.

I am currently swapping an LS into my Xbody with a Holley 302-3 pan, accessory drive, engine/ transmission mounts and 1-7/8" mid length headers.... I currently have the subframe out and I am mocking everything up but I don't think there will be clearance issues lol. My plan is to use speedtech control arms and ride tech coil-overs and true turn and i didn't want there to be any interference. Since I am only running an L33 with Ls^ cam and intake I don't think I will be sacrificing any power over the long tube headers.

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3200.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  87.0 KB

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3205.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  73.2 KB

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3208.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  87.1 KB

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3199.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  94.5 KB

Yeah, I don't see you having any clearance issues...ANYWHERE.

Name:  4516C77E-C5B4-4CBD-BED0-3D5D1977D881.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  122.0 KBName:  E95119F5-48BD-42D5-AC19-D9B2C4126F4C.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  197.6 KBThanks my oil pan is now the lowest component under my car !

How much ground clearance would you say you gained over your previous set of headers?

Hi there Toddoky,
      I have a 68 Firebird with a SBC in it, AFR210 competition port. Standard engine mounts, Turbo 400, makes 580HP. The car is lowered about 2". I currently have a set of 1 3/4" headers on the car which are press bent so very restrictive. I want to get a set of the Hooker Super Comps - 2207, the 1 7/8" primaries. I have been doing some research & lots of guys have said they have very bad ground clearance then I came across this post.
      I don't want a set of pipes that are sitting 2" off the ground. I see you mention that the designs have been changed. Can you advise on if the 2207 has been changed & if there is a new part number ?

Thanks for any help.
      Scott.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com