Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
      Country Flag: United States
      Matt, the largest primary tube size available in this new header design is a 1-3/4" to 1-7/8" stepped version (search for part number 2109HKR on the Holley website)intended for use on raised D-port cylinder heads (GM Fastburn head pattern to be exact). The largest primary tube size available for stock-type SB square port heads is 1-3/4" and those headers can be found by searching part number 2107HKR. The headers work with straight or angle plug heads with some restriction on spark plugs that can be used (i.e. you can't use standard A/C Delco plugs with these headers due to them having the longest porcelain tips of any brand of spark plugs available, NGK's work well).

Hmm. I have Edelbrock heads and the exhaust ports are D shaped, but I don't think they're raised. Can I still run the stepped headers or should I just get the standard port headers?
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

Compare your exhaust port geometry to those I left in the attachment in post #99.

Got it, thanks!
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

Hi Toddoky,
      Thank you for the info above.
      I got some info from AFR on the port dimensions on my heads.
      Port is -
      1.420" high.
      1.545" wide.
      The port is raised 0.250" & the bolt holes are still centred in the port.

The pic you attached says your pipe/flange is 1.630" & take off 0.060" each side for pipe thickness will make your pipe 1.510" which is about 0.035" bigger than my port.
      The height of your flange/pipe is 0.690 from the bottom to centre of bolt holes, take off 0.060" & its at 0.630". My ports are 0.710" which means I would need to elongate the bolt holes by 0.080" to get my clearance at the bottom.

By raising the bolt holes by 0.080" am I going to run into plug clearance issues or any other clearance issues ?

This will leave me 0.980" above the bolt centreline but will the pipe be hanging over the ports at the top due to the D shape ?

Thanks.
      Scott.

Good morning Scott. Since the bolt hole center line is raised as well as the ports I would not recommend the Hooker Blackheart headers for your application as I can't say how they will fit with at the raised position your heads will present. The Hooker Blackheart headers were optimized for compatibility with the geometry of the GM Fastburn heads, so compatibility with other aftermarket cylinder heads will be hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddoky View Post
      Good morning Scott. Since the bolt hole center line is raised as well as the ports I would not recommend the Hooker Blackheart headers for your application as I can't say how they will fit with at the raised position your heads will present. The Hooker Blackheart headers were optimized for compatibility with the geometry of the GM Fastburn heads, so compatibility with other aftermarket cylinder heads will be hit or miss.
      Hi Toddoky,
      Thank you for the time you took with all of your replies.

Scott.

Any news on the BBC headers?

I'll check into it for you.

Thank You..

The first run of the new headers in the 2" primary version has been completed, which means they should be getting release within the next 3-4 weeks. There is also an 1-7/8" version of the same header design that will get released in the next couple of months and a 2-1/8" primary header that utilizes a completely different tube routing scheme out of necessity that will get released latter this year. They all have 3" collectors on them and all attach to the Hooker Blackheart 3" LS swap exhaust systems that were developed for the 1st-gen F-body and 3-gen X-body applications.

Do you have any information on the cost or part number? Port Design? Thank you for a prompt response..

I don't have any information on cost as I was not the design engineering responsible for carrying out that specific development project. When I notice the new product release for them come through my email inbox, I'll post that information as well as the photos that will be available for them. As far as the port shape is concerned, the 1-7/8" and 2" headers are both designed with slightly square port, which is required to interface with the stock head port geometry without shrouding the ports. The 2-1/8" headers that will be coming later will feature a round port shape as that is all that is required at that tube diameter to clear the stock head ports without shrouding them. Here's a photo of the port shape and finishing for the 1-7/8" and 2" headers. You can also see the clearance notches on the bottom edge of the header flanges that are there for increased head bolt clearance. Name:  BH13182_06.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  128.3 KB

Very Nice...

Will sbc headers work with 67 Camaro Speedtech sub frame ?

I don’t know if they will or not.

How about Stainless LS swap headers
      I got a. 67 Camaro with speedtech front subframe and rack and pinion. It's the older speedtech pro touring subframe not the newer extreme. Using n LS7 wet sump
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      How about Stainless LS swap headers
      I got a. 67 Camaro with speedtech front subframe and rack and pinion. It's the older speedtech pro touring subframe not the newer extreme. Using n LS7 wet sump
      Jason
      Hello Jason. Hooker Blackheart does make SS LS swap headers for the 1st-gen F-body application, but only specifically for the stock and DSE subframes. The DSE-specific headers may fit with your subframe (or not), but we would have no way of knowing since we have no first-hand experience with that particular subframe.

10-4 Thanks for the Reply
      I'll guess I'll have. To just order speedtech headers. Theres are by ultimate which are finely crafted I just don't. Like the look of them. The #3 tune on driver's side goes up and. Over the #4. I get why they do it's for steering clearance but it's. Ugly!

TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com