Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by SBC-68-FIREBIRD View Post
      Hi there Toddoky,
      I have a 68 Firebird with a SBC in it, AFR210 competition port. Standard engine mounts, Turbo 400, makes 580HP. The car is lowered about 2". I currently have a set of 1 3/4" headers on the car which are press bent so very restrictive. I want to get a set of the Hooker Super Comps - 2207, the 1 7/8" primaries. I have been doing some research & lots of guys have said they have very bad ground clearance then I came across this post.
      I don't want a set of pipes that are sitting 2" off the ground. I see you mention that the designs have been changed. Can you advise on if the 2207 has been changed & if there is a new part number ?

Thanks for any help.
      Scott.
      Hello Scott. The 2207HKR headers were designed decades before my arrival at Holley and before Holley bought the Hooker brand of products, so I don’t know much about them honestly. If you’re interested in newer designs that are based on the way cars are more likely to be configured and used today, I recommend you go to the Holley website and search for the 2109HKR headers. They were designed within the last 3 to 4 years and have much more up to date design geometry than the 2207HKR headers, including ground clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddoky View Post
      Hello Scott. The 2207HKR headers were designed decades before my arrival at Holley and before Holley bought the Hooker brand of products, so I don’t know much about them honestly. If you’re interested in newer designs that are based on the way cars are more likely to be configured and used today, I recommend you go to the Holley website and search for the 2109HKR headers. They were designed within the last 3 to 4 years and have much more up to date design geometry than the 2207HKR headers, including ground clearance.
      Thank you for the info.
      Can you tell me how long the 1 3/4" is before it steps up to 1 7/8" ?
      The 3/8" flange is a good upgrade from the 5/16" that the Super Comps have.
      Is both the left & right side header the same depth so one side does not hang lower than the other ?
      These are obviously all mandrel bent pipes ?

Thanks.
      Scott.

I would estimate the location of the step to be 7" or so from the port exit, it is before the second bend in each tube. Yes, the 3/8" thickness of the flange is a nice upgrade as is the flat finished port sealing surface (no more raised weld bead to cause leaks on certain cylinder heads). The collector heights are the same on both sides; the basic design of the 2109HKR headers is the same as the headers featured in this thread, so you can refer to all the photos posted to develop a mental image of their fitment. The flange port shape was optimized for compatibility with the ports of the GM Fastburn cylinder heads (they are raised .200"), so you'll need to check with AFR to see how compatible that would make them with your heads.

Thank you very much for the info, much appreciated.

Hi Toddoky,

Just having another look on these 2109 headers & they are to suit a D port exhaust where the AFR heads I have are a normal square port. Have they made a header the same as the 2109 but with the square port exhaust ?
      1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" into 3" collector to suit a SBC in a 68 Camaro/Firebird.
      Thanks.
      Scott.

Hi Toddoky,

Just having another look on these 2109 headers & they are to suit a D port exhaust where the AFR heads I have are a normal square port. Have they made a header the same as the 2109 but with the square port exhaust ?
      1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" into 3" collector to suit a SBC in a 68 Camaro/Firebird.
      Thanks.
      Scott.
      The 1-3/4 to 1-7/8” stepped headers for the D-port Fastburn heads are the only ones currently version available. There is an 1-3/4”
      version of the headers available for stock
      port heads, but not a 1-3/4” to 1-7/8” stepped version.

Thanks for the reply but I am after the bigger pipes.

The 1-3/4 to 1-7/8” stepped headers for the D-port Fastburn heads are the only ones currently version available. There is an 1-3/4”
      version of the headers available for stock
      port heads, but not a 1-3/4” to 1-7/8” stepped version.
      Hi Toddoky,
      Would I be able to get the part number for the 1 3/4" headers you are talking about for a 68 Camaro, the new design ones to suit standard exhaust port ? Will these also suit the AFR angle plugs ?

Thanks
      Scott.

Sure, the part numbers for those specific headers are as follows;

2105HKR- black painted steel
      2105-1HKR- silver ceramic coated mild steel
      2105-3HKR- black ceramic coated mild steel
      70101331-RHKR- 304 stainless steel

The headers will clear your angled plugs with no problems.

Sure, the part numbers for those specific headers are as follows;

2105HKR- black painted steel
      2105-1HKR- silver ceramic coated mild steel
      2105-3HKR- black ceramic coated mild steel
      70101331-RHKR- 304 stainless steel

The headers will clear your angled plugs with no problems.
      Thank you again for your help.
      Scott.

Any plans for BBC "high tuck" headers for the first gen Camaro?

Yes, we actually finished up the design work for a couple of new sets of BB headers for the 1st-gen application with a stock subframe and they should get released by Spring.

I will look forward to them. Have PNs been assigned yet?

Yes, part numbers have been assigned, but I can’t post them due to company policy. Once they get released I will make it a point to return to this thread and post them.

Hi Toddoky,

I am still looking for a set of headers for my car but have not found anything yet. Can you see any plans in the near future for you guys to be making the 2109 Header with a square port instead of the D port ?

I am really after something in the 1 7/8".

Thanks.
      Scott.

Hello Scott. The decision of which new header applications get developed by the engineering department is made by management and the brand product manager. I've not heard any word from the product manager that would indicate current interest in developing a set of headers with the characteristics you are seeking.

Hi Toddoky,

Do you have a picture of the header port that is on the 2109 & some dimensions so I can see if they will work as the pics I look at on the Summit website look to be square port pics ?

Thanks.
      Scott.

Hi Toddoky,

Do you have a picture of the header port that is on the 2109 & some dimensions so I can see if they will work as the pics I look at on the Summit website look to be square port pics ?

Thanks.
      Scott.
      Give me a couple of days and I’ll see what I can come up with for you.

Scott, these dimensions should allow you to determine if the Hooker Blackheart SBC D-port header flanges will work with your cylinder heads. Remember that the dimensions shown are for a bare flange, so they will diminish when the primary tube gets inserted into it and welded into place. Figure a 1/16" margin all the way around the port to allow for the combined tubing thickness and production gap tolerance between the tube and the flange.

20190312102340780.pdf

Do you have 1 7/8" headers for a small block in the new design? Or is 1 3/4 the biggest?

And can I get the part numbers for 69 Nova with a small block with straight plug heads?
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com