Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Toddoky View Post
      That's great. Does the DSE subframe accept the factory frame stands,and if so, which ones are you using (short/wide or tall/narrow)?
      Not sure which frame stands, I removed the factory frame stands from the factory sub frame and bolted them on the DSE sub. This was a factory 327 car. BTW, here are the pics of the DS header. The first is from underneath with the car on the lift looking up between the LCA pivots. The second is shot from just in front of the brake MC. It is hard to see from the angles but there is at least 3/4" at the closest point and the lower U-Joint

Name:  20160609_192627.jpg
Views: 1658
Size:  130.7 KB

Name:  20160609_192925.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  133.9 KB
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Not sure which frame stands, I removed the factory frame stands from the factory sub frame and bolted them on the DSE sub. This was a factory 327 car. BTW, here are the pics of the DS header. The first is from underneath with the car on the lift looking up between the LCA pivots. The second is shot from just in front of the brake MC. It is hard to see from the angles but there is at least 3/4" at the closest point and the lower U-Joint

Name:  20160609_192627.jpg
Views: 1658
Size:  130.7 KB

Name:  20160609_192925.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  133.9 KB
      Looks like a good fit in your car Steve...I sent you PM about your set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddoky View Post
      There's nothing in the works that would be compatible with that system that I'm aware of.
      Well if you change your minds in the next few years and can give good ground clearance as well as clearance for a Tru-Turn set-up, I'll ditch my Lemon's for another set of Super Comps!

Jim
      1968 Camaro --502HO, ATI 10" TreeMaster, Hughes TH400 with Gear Vendor's OD, Moser 12-bolt, RideTech StrongArms and MuscleBar, Chris Alston G-bar rear suspension, 2 1/8" by 4" Lemon's Headers through 3" Pypes X-pipe and Hooker AeroChambers.

Todd,
      The forum software does not allow me to attach pics from my computer in the message system. I thought some here might be interested so here are some other shots of the header fit in the DSE subframe.

Name:  20160605_135357.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  86.9 KB

Name:  20160610_143736.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  153.2 KB

Name:  20160610_143755.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  127.1 KB

Name:  20160610_144129.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  137.1 KB

Name:  20160610_144938.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  123.6 KB

Name:  20160610_144959.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  131.4 KB

Name:  20160610_145213.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  153.6 KB
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

I will make a note of that and pass it along to Product Management Jim.

They look nice and tidy in there Steve...is there any place on either header that gets close to touching the subframe?

Todd,
      The closest any primary tube comes is on the PS LCA rear mount as shown in the third pic from the top. That gap is about 1/2" or just not quite able to get my finger in there. IMO, they fit the DSE sub about as perfect as you could want.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

I too am interested in any developments for the big block header design. Header options for lowered, big block first gens is really weak.

Has anyone tried the headers in a 1st Gen Camaro Speedtech Subframe yet?

Dave

has anyone installed these headers with vortech heads? and power steering i need ground clearance!!!

In case you are still looking for an answer, here's a photo showing the clearance of the prototype header with the power steering box; the headers work great with the stock manual or PS box. The stock-port version of the headers is fully compatible with the stock GM Vortec head exhaust port geometry and the tube bend geometry was also optimized to account for the unique spark plug angles used on the Vortec heads. The one limitation you will have to accept however is the brand of spark plugs you choose to use...the insulators of A/C Delco plugs are typically the longest of any available plugs and too long to use with these headers without experiencing interference between the spark plug boots and the header tubes. Name:  IMG_3045.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  259.9 KB

Any photos of new hooker big block headers (1rst gen Camaro)? I have a set of vintage Hooker Super Competition # 2111 headers and they hang too low (particularly the driver's side) I'd like more ground clearance. I am using the correct BBC motor mount brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by 1967camarors View Post
      Any photos of new hooker big block headers (1rst gen Camaro)? I have a set of vintage Hooker Super Competition # 2111 headers and they hang too low (particularly the driver's side) I'd like more ground clearance. I am using the correct BBC motor mount brackets.
      We've not invested any time or effort on designing new BB Chevy headers to date, but it's something that may get some attention later this year.

Does anyone have pictures of the spark plugs with wires on the driver's side? Kinda like the ones in the original post.

I have flowtech headers right now on the Nova and cylinders 5 and 6, the boots are touching the primaries and slowly melting away.

They're also mangled underneath because they hang so low.

So if there's clearance for the spark plugs with these (straight plug heads) and they tuck up better underneath, I might have to buy some.
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

Here's one photo I have of the driver side header assembly with spark plugs/wires installed. The headers shown are the stainless steel version. Never mind, I see I already posted this photo previously. I checked for other images and couldn't find any in my files unfortunately.Name:  Headers11_zps8eb473be[1].jpg
Views: 815
Size:  69.8 KB

Dang, I just noticed the plugs in that picture are angled.

Is that engine still on the stand? Doubtful, but if it is, would you be able to see how much clearance is between the #5 primary and the plug wire?
      Matt

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
      Dang, I just noticed the plugs in that picture are angled.

Is that engine still on the stand? Doubtful, but if it is, would you be able to see how much clearance is between the #5 primary and the plug wire?
      That particular image was provided to me by a user of the headers and so was not taken on an engine that was present here at Holley. There is plenty of clearance between the plugs and wires on all cylinders with angled or straight plugs (including Vortec heads), but there are limits as to the brand of spark plugs you can use. Case in point, AC plugs are unusable with most heads as the length of their insulators are longer than any other available spark plugs. NGK plugs are great to use with these headers.

Interesting.

I have shorty plugs on cylinders 5 and 6 right now but they're still touching the primaries.

I may just have to get a set of these.

Do you think Summit would have them or is there still a chance that they'd have the "old" headers?
      Matt

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
      Interesting.

I have shorty plugs on cylinders 5 and 6 right now but they're still touching the primaries.

I may just have to get a set of these.

Do you think Summit would have them or is there still a chance that they'd have the "old" headers?
      Summit will sell you the exact same headers you see in the photos as long as you order the correct part number.

Toddoky

Does Hooker make an exhaust system that will clear a DSE Quadralink in a 1970 Nova? We have notched the front corners of the trunk floor and are using a Rick's tank with clipped corners. It still looks tight to me to get around the rear coil overs and to the back of the car.
      I want to route the exhaust over the rear axle and back to dump below the rear bumper.
      The engine is a 525HP LS3 with Ultimate Headers mid-length headers #101011.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
      Wes

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com