Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

custom gto rear spoiler?

Has anybody ever done a custom rear spoiler on a 68/69 gto. I'm thinking about something like a 68/69 camaro or like the ducktail spoiler from a 72 gto. If anybody has pictures that would be awesome. Trying to decide if I want to take on the headache of makings fiberglass one or making a more simple adjustable sheetmetal one.

custom gto rear spoiler?

Well nobody seems to have done anything like this so I guess I'll be the first. Finally getting down to body work so here's a few pictures of a rough. And I do mean rough template for an adjustable rear spoiler
      Attached Images Attached Images    

a friend of mine did something like this on his BMW. He made a template, and then had a company laser it out of lexan. He then ordered rod-ends, a piano hinge, and carbon fiber rods to make it adjustable.

Is this for the look, for performance, or something else? If you are going to be doing any racing/auto-x make sure that it won't put you in some unlimited class.

And run it by the Ron Sutton aero thread for his opinion before going very far. I would think the A-bodies with their tapered rear will have unique aero signature.
      70 GTO - Alum 5.3/4L80e, 7875
      17 GT350

Any updates?
      1968 Pontiac GTO pro touring LS1 T56 9"

Quote Originally Posted by the450r View Post
      Any updates?
      No. I kind of gave up on the idea for a while. I got the car painted and like the clean look on the trunk without a wing but I am playing around with the idea again. My hang up at the time was finding the right adjustable decklid spoiler brackets that would complement the overall look I was going for.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com