Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Just finished putting my carpet, and rear seats in yesterday. Here are a few more shots. You can see a little bit of silver (the insulation behind the rear seat) between the seat top and bottom. I need to adjust the top down a little. Other than that I am going to have to make some side filler panels since the Mustang seats are narrower than the originals. When I have them done I will post pictures of them also.

Here you go..

All for now, What do you guys think?

Carl

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Looks great Carl! Now I need to get after my interior install.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Seats look nice in there, any pictures from outside level with the top of the door?
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Carl,
      I am doing the same seats in my 69 Camaro I got them out of a 2008 Mustang GT, Its pretty peculiar how much they look like the original Camaro seats. Do you have the dimensions of the jig you made, since I will have to do the same type of mounting bracket, Also how did you mount the rear seats? Do you have any other pics with the seats mounted? What type of filler panel are you using between the rear door panels & the rear seat ?

thanks
      scott

I've had a couple of guys ask how I made the jig for mounting the Mustang seats in my Camaro. The following drawings are what I came up with. Hope it helps. If anyone needs anymore information let me know.

Pic1 shows placement of metal strap to transfer holes from original bolt holes to strap.

Pic2: shows bolting the straps to the original seat bolt holes after drilling the 1/2" holes in the straps.

Pic3 shows the other two straps (used to tie it all together)

Hope this helps..

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

You will also need to remove the factory mounting brackets, then weld the "Z" brackets onto the seat frame as shown earlier in the thread.

Carl Wilson

Awesome custom mounting brackets for great looking seats!
      1968 Restomod FireBird • Twin Borg Warner EFR Turbocharged LS3 • T56 Magnum • Ford 9”• Modern Sub-Frame & Suspension • C7 Seats • 24 Pistons • Forgelines

Seats look awesome Carl
      My build thread

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241037

Paint Jail Experience

https://sites.google.com/site/paintjail/home

Thanks guys,
      Hey Dennis, when are you driving the Camaro up here for a quick look?

Carl Wilson

Oh, and Dennis, my kick panels and rear panel look pretty good too! You should see them......Oh wait you know all about them

Carl Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      Thanks guys,
      Hey Dennis, when are you driving the Camaro up here for a quick look?
      Doing a DBW conversion right now, I do need to get over on your side of town sometimes and take a look

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      Oh, and Dennis, my kick panels and rear panel look pretty good too! You should see them......Oh wait you know all about them
      oh I know lol
      My build thread

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241037

Paint Jail Experience

https://sites.google.com/site/paintjail/home

Quote Originally Posted by DippedInSauce View Post
      Awesome custom mounting brackets for great looking seats!
      Thank you sir...

Carl Wilson

Carl

How did you Mount the rear seats??And the seat backs? Did you have to cut off the original seat mounts?? also did you have to fabricate a filler panel on the bottom of the rear seat??

thanks
      Scott

I did have to cut the original seat mounts off of the buckets, and weld on a "Z" bracket I had made. The rear seats took some work to get them to work, but nothing too hard to do. I probably need to do a play by play on the rear seat as well. Yes, you have to fabricate a filler panel on each side of the back seat bottom. I made mine, but I'm talking to a guy here on the forum about making them out of fiberglass. The ones I made are out of high density foam and plywood. Which worked fine until after I covered them, I think the glue softened the foam and now the vinyl isn't sticking in some places. I will do a write up on that part too. Seems like several people are going the route with the Mustang seats. I think they look really nice and I've gotten a lot of compliments on them.

Carl Wilson

For the z brackets are all 4 corners the same height, do you have a pic of the completed base with brackets mounted.

Thanks, Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by 32deucecoupe View Post
      For the z brackets are all 4 corners the same height, do you have a pic of the completed base with brackets mounted.

Thanks, Jeff
      I made all the z brackets the same height. I'll see if I have a pic of the base. The brackets are welded to the seat base.

Carl Wilson

Jeff, Look at the first two pictures of the beginning of the thread. Imagine clamping the "Z" brackets to the base and welding all around. That's what I did. The silver piece bolted to the "Z" brackets are the template of the seat bolt holes. If you need any additional information let me know and I'll help where I can. Just be sure when you weld on the brackets to make sure they are the same distance from the front of the seat slider on both sides. Failure to do this would cause the seat to sit crooked.

Carl Wilson

10/4..after asking the question I realized all the information was there..I did stop by a local salvage yard today and picked up some 2010 fronts and rear, so now it's just the waiting game to be ready. Both fronts had the airbags blown so they made me a deal. Not bad from what I have seen online. Thanks for making a great thread..

Quote Originally Posted by 32deucecoupe View Post
      10/4..after asking the question I realized all the information was there..I did stop by a local salvage yard today and picked up some 2010 fronts and rear, so now it's just the waiting game to be ready. Both fronts had the airbags blown so they made me a deal. Not bad from what I have seen online. Thanks for making a great thread..
      One of my bucket seats side air bag was blown too. I had a local guy here sew it back together I think it cost around $75. When you get ready to start let me know if you have any questions.

Carl Wilson

I never posted completed pictures of interior after I got it finished. Here are a few of the buckets all tucked in..

[/url]

Carl Wilson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com