Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      To be honest, when I was searching for headers in 2011 I test fit probably 10 or 12 different sets(Summit hated me back then because I kept sending headers back). But what I found was that any header that would fit the stock 1st gen Camaro sub with SBC would also work with the DSE sub and SBC including the Z-bar clutch linkage.

Can you post the pn for these headers? I would love to find out more about them.

And please, like Randy said, start a new thread for the 1st gen 3" exhaust with pics too please.
      I'll be glad to build a thread on those headers and the exhaust systems tomorrow for you guys...what section of this forum would best apply do you think? I really would be cautious in thinking the headers would also fit a DSE subframe and end up with the same clearances due to the incorporation of the rack and pinion steering in those applications. That would be great if they happen to fit, but no effort was expended to validate their fitment in any aftermarket subframe.

You can get these new Hooker 1st-gen headers with 1-5/8", 1-3/4" and 1-3/4" to 1-7/8" stepped primaries and also with standard or "D" port flanges (a perfect choice for all GM heads excluding the Fastburn heads).

Any pictures of the kit I have? I'm gonna be disappointed if my tail pipes look bad.

What I found was that the steering rack opened up a great deal of space where the steering box had previously been located. I know for many many years Hooker only produced the same old headers for the 1st gen and over time the quality of them got progressively poorer. But these headers look like a fresh new design so I'm really excited to find out more. I would put the 1st gen thread right here in the exhaust section as well. Looking forward to the 1st gen thread.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by weircc View Post
      Any pictures of the kit I have? I'm gonna be disappointed if my tail pipes look bad.
      I'll see what I can find. Maybe you should return it if you are looking for a particular tip style to ensure your satisfaction.

Yep, it's a different time and a much different Hooker these days when it comes to the new products we're developing.

I found a couple of photos that should help you decide if the system is what you're looking for...I was mistaken by my earlier memory of the tips being along the lines of the stock tips; they turn-down just like on the DSE system, but closer to the tires.

I've got a new project coming to me: LS3 67 Camaro with stock sub-frame and Alston back half. I'm digging these pics, and I'll be encouraging the customer to look at Hooker for his exhaust.

Outstanding.
      Last edited by parsonsj; 01-07-2016 at 08:38 AM.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by parsonsj View Post
      I've got a new project coming to me: LS3 67 Camaro with stock sub-frame and Alston back half. I'm digging these pics, and I'll be encouraging the customer to look at Hooker for his exhaust.

Outstanding.
      Hello John. I'll be building a thread in this section for the new Hooker 1st-gen components in the next few days, which will give you/your customer a better chance to see the details of that system of parts...I have to dig through all my photos to pull the ones the best convey fitment. I'm not sure how the exhaust will fit with the Alston back half however as they were designed for compatibility with the stock leaf spring suspension...the tailpipes can always be modified by us fabricating types right.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd
      ...the tailpipes can always be modified by us fabricating types...
      Exactly! Tweaking a kit is usually easier than making the whole thing from mandrel bends, which I've done too many times, lol.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

That is definately true.

Love the headers, plan on them for my build. Love the exhaust as well, except would not be willing to cut the DSE cross brace but agree with others that the exhaust should be able to be easily modified to overcome this challenge. Very much appreciate any updates here.

Could you tell us if the transmission cross member in your pictures is commercially available or is it a custom piece? If custom, would you be willing to share some pictures?

Thanks in advance.
      Have a great day!!
      John

My build thread:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/members/36672-Goosesdad

you can buy all the pieces separately at the holley/hooker website

you can buy all the pieces separately at the holley/hooker website
      Thanks for the reply. The cross member they show on their website for a 2nd gen with a tremec is different than the one than the one in this post. Actually, the website doesn't have one that looks exactly the one in this post. Seems like maybe something custom was done here. Thoughts? Thanks!
      Have a great day!!
      John

My build thread:

I have the one in the post. I'm running a t56 magnum

I have the one in the post. I'm running a t56 magnum
      Looks great!!!
      I must be missing something as this is the Xmember they show on the website for this application. Definitely different than yours, at least I think it's different.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Have a great day!!
      John

My build thread:

Maybe I should clarify - - I'm talking about the pics of the 2nd gen early in the post.
      Have a great day!!
      John

My build thread:

The crossmember you are refering to is one we are working on the development of now and should have released in the next 60 days. The other crossmember shown later in the thread is for 2nd gens, but is not compatible with the DSE subframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddoky View Post
      The crossmember you are refering to is one we are working on the development of now and should have released in the next 60 days. The other crossmember shown later in the thread is for 2nd gens, but is not compatible with the DSE subframe.

Is there a DSE crossmember coming? Option are super limited for the sec gen Camaro
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Yes, the crossmember seen in the photos with the DSE components is nearing the end tasks of development and will be available by spring. It is only known to be compatible with T56 Magnum and 4th gen F-body T56 transmissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddoky View Post
      Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to it!!! It looks great so far!
      Have a great day!!
      John

My build thread:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com