Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Protour_Pinto View Post
      It looks like you started with a pretty clean truck being in Michigan. Cant wait to see it finished.
      I'm not sure where this truck originally came from, but he's from Indiana, and I know he is willing to travel to get a truck if he wants it, he just went out to Texas to pick up a truck.

Very cool truck! They are crazy rare as was already mentioned, in fact the Syborg Gt build was the reason I found this website a few years ago. I'm glad the owner is willing to put the money and time into keeping a truck like this on the road. Keep up the good work!
      93 RCSB GMC Sonoma Tubular Ub Machine UCA's, 3" Belltech coils, 3" Summit Racing leafs, ZQ8 front and rear sway bars,trans am steering box, KYB-Gr2 shocks, 255/40/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE760, Eagle 212 17X8".

As the owner of one of these awesome and super rare trucks, i like this project and wanted to know if you had any idea what the guy has planned for the chassis and drivetrain?

Mine has been in moth balls since 2003, and will be coming out real soon for a custom truck arm/coil over rear suspension and tubular front/coil over suspension up front with Lsx/80e 8.5 axle and big disk brakes all around. has 58K original miles, i bought it out of Boston in 2002 and drove it home to Houston, got an avg of 24-25MPG too. Dynoed 158RWHP/208RWTQ bone stock. then i took it apart...LOL

Heres a pic of my truck when i bought it.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

On this one he wants to keep the drivetrain pretty much stock, He want's to make everything really nice and clean but mostly stock..
      He does plan to do some mild suspension upgrades, and he is going to upgrade the brakes.

He was originally planning to powder coat the frame but now I believe he is going to paint it matte black I believe.

any updates lately?

Quote Originally Posted by RBEAST View Post
      any updates lately?
      Yes/No

The body kit pieces are repaired and in epoxy primer, and also sanded. Which means they will get primed on Monday if things go as planned with other projects.

Also we are not going to get the cab as soon as we expected because he may be doing something different than originally planned with the drive train. As of now I'm not 100% sure where things stand with that even..

This should all work out well for me time wise as we are finishing up the LeMans over the next few weeks with preparation for taking it to Detroit Auto-Rama. And we are also going to bring the Impala back into the shop.. We will be ready for the cab by the time he gets it to us and we are hoping that work on the cab goes smooth.
      Overall this project shouldn't be to long and drawn out like some of the others we have done.. Should be on the road this summer.

https://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/5387262825.html
      Clapped out Sonoma GT if anyone is looking.
      Devin
      1995 Nissan Hardbody
      SCCA #61 FSP

Quote Originally Posted by AutoX_D21Hardbody View Post
      https://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/5387262825.html
      Clapped out Sonoma GT if anyone is looking.
      That's a Sonoma ST, not a GT. Whole other animal.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
      That's a Sonoma ST, not a GT. Whole other animal.

Jay
      Agreed.. And it sounds like we may be seeing the cab in the next few weeks..

updates?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com