ET July 8-9
      ET July 29-30
      ET August 19-20
      ET September 23-24
      AC October 21-22
      AC November 11-12
      AC December 2-3

Original Post:

I'm hoping to increase interest and participation in the SoCal CAM SCCA autocross events and share event reports all in this thread. Earlier in 2015 I attended my first SCCA autocross with the San Diego Region (SDR) and had a total blast. While I will be focusing on the LA/OC region (Cal Club) in this thread I hope folks closer to San Diego come out too!

The SCCA autocross events welcome all comers with just about any type of car no matter what your driving experience is. Every event has a novice course walk to help you learn what to look for when walking the course and how to drive that particular course. They also have instructors available that will either jump in your car and give you pointers or you can ask them to drive your car and show you what they are trying to explain. Don't shy away because you are worried about your driving or how competitive you are. This happened at my first time attending an SCCA course....

Why should you participate in SCCA autocross?
      For me the number 1 reason is that the courses are much longer and offer a much larger variety of features compared to the other autocross courses I've attended so they are amazingly fun!!! Some other reasons include:
      - Can be a very cheap way to autocross. Last Sunday I ran 8 runs on a super long course that was very high speed and it still took almost a full 60 seconds a run. It cost me $55.
      - Less time consuming. Both the LA and San Diego (SDR) regions ensure your run group and work group are always both before or after lunch. So you only need to come for half a day and can get up to 8 runs in.
      - Access to practice days on Saturday where you can get 12 runs on these amazing courses for $70
      - Monthly events. These regions both run an event every month.
      - Finally, I'm hoping to add this as a number 1 item in the future and that is the "people." Right now the San Diego region enjoys a fantastic group of CAM regulars which are great to compete against and hang out with. Most events a BBQ is brought out and some good eats car talk are had by all. If we can come 50% of the way to duplicating the fun the SDR guys have this will be the #1 reason to come out!

In the next post I will outline the logistics of how to attend one of the events and what it is like. In the mean time if you want more info on when LA regional events are happening or other info go here: www.solo2.com and if you want info on the San Diego region go here: http://www.sdr-scca.com/
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com