Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: GXL OR TXL wire

GXL OR TXL wire

Is TXL wire the same as GXL w/a thinner insulation (polyethylene), or is one type better than the other, or does each type serve a specific purpose? I need to order a bunch of wire but not sure which one. Am I correct in thinking that the GXL is best for exterior areas, such as under the car, and that the TXL is better for interior and engine compartment?

Country Flag: United States
      GXL should be the better choice from what I know. we only use GXL on any and all major wiring jobs for cars. we make complete custom harnesses out of GXL. It is designed to stand up to oils and chemicals as well as weather.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

That's what I needed to know. Thanks for the info..

Quote Originally Posted by WS6
      GXL should be the better choice from what I know. we only use GXL on any and all major wiring jobs for cars. we make complete custom harnesses out of GXL. It is designed to stand up to oils and chemicals as well as weather.

Where do you get GXL wire? All the parts stores around sell the cheap stuff.

I have had to buy complete harnesses from the boneyard to harvest the wire I need for my projects.

Go to Terminal Supply.com.. They have it in bulk. Have read on this site that they're prices are good too.

haha terminal supply is who i use as well. they have a warehouse down here in Athens. you have to buy in pretty large quantity, but its very cheap that way. they have so much there its amazing. almost anything electrical you can think of really.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Gxl txl

We work with GXL wire TXL wire and SXL wire, they all fallunder the same spec, the only difference is the jacket thickness, SXL is the thickest, GXL is thinner, and TXL is the most thin. we can seel this wire in colors, and with circuit identifications as well.

M.D.
      Altek Systems Inc

TXL is what FORD and GM and Painless Wiring use

Txl gxl

If you're doing ahrness repair / mods, or just some onesy-twosey type work, EFI connection has all the different factory (GM& Frod) color combos for the wiring & connectors, as sometimes the bigger places don't sell the it.

http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/wire.aspx

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com