Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: FiTech Systems

Nice video Scott. What was the deal with the fuel pressure at the end of the video?

Dante'

I am using my Regulator (X-1) but had it set to low, I had to turn to 62PSI, this kept pace with Fitech witch is at 58. I also had my RPMs to low, I reset it to 800 and runs smooth. Very Happy
      72 Baldwin Motion (Tribute) EFI
      67 SS 396 (496) Red EFI
      99 Hugger orange Z28 Sold

2001 SS Camaro SLP 19K miles

Country Flag: United States
      I love honest video's! Im a Holley fan but NICE job,keep us updated on this.
      Tom

So far nothing but good comments of FiTech. I was bit sceptical at first but I am going to order one as well.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...on/sniper_efi/

for all you folks that love holley or are complaining how holley will buy it.......they copied it instead.

However its not like FiTech invented the wheel here..... others have done it long before them that ran good.
      Tom

Quote Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post

for all you folks that love holley or are complaining how holley will buy it.......they copied it instead.
      Capitalism is a beautiful thing. More options are always better for the consumers.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
      For all you folks that love Holley or are complaining how Holley will buy it...they copied it instead.
      The Holley Terminator TBI had the annular discharge fuel rings (in throttle bores) long before FiTech did.
      Also, the Holley Sniper EFI has been in development for a long time to compete with other bolt-on TBI systems.
      May God's Grace Bless You

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, 4" lift, 35" tires

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
      The Holley Terminator TBI had the annular discharge fuel rings (in throttle bores) long before FiTech did.
      Also, the Holley Sniper EFI has been in development for a long time to compete with other bolt-on TBI systems.
      What other comparable systems? Uncanny how Holley is about to unveil their version and one could not tell the difference between them if their name was substituted on the throttle body.

Quote Originally Posted by HandOverFist View Post
      What other comparable systems?
      MSD Atomic & Powerjection III TBI systems.

Uncanny how Holley is about to unveil their version and one could not tell the difference between them if their name was substituted on the throttle body.
      Use whichever EFI system you'd like...I'll gladly continue to use Holley EFI.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, 4" lift, 35" tires

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
      MSD Atomic & Powerjection III TBI systems.
      Neither comparable with external ecu's and twice the price compared to Fitech or even Holley's "new" Sniper.

Neither comparable with external ECUs...
      The MSD Atomic, Powerjection III, FiTech & Sniper TBI systems, all have the ECU mounted on the throttle body.

Meant to say the external controller...guess that is worth another grand lol. What exactly are those previous systems giving you for an extra $1000 vs the latest products? Seems these latest offerings make the previous mentioned obsolete and a no brainer considering the price point.

Again, use whichever EFI system you'd like...I'll gladly continue using Holley EFI. (I'm not continuing this discussion.)

For the record, Holley has been discussing a self tuning TB system, priced at under $1000 as early as 2004, this I know for a fact.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      For the record, Holley has been discussing a self tuning TB system, priced at under $1000 as early as 2004, this I know for a fact.

Andrew
      You would have to agree it is kind of odd the announcement of the Sniper not long after the introduction of FiTech. Also odd is the offering of Sniper which makes their own Atomic product virtually obsolete...very odd indeed. If anyone can name any area where the Atomic could/would outperform these lower priced systems please chime in.

You would have to agree it is kind of odd the announcement of the Sniper not long after the introduction of FiTech. Also odd is the offering of Sniper which makes their own Atomic product virtually obsolete...very odd indeed.
      Nothing odd about it. Companies have limited resources to devote to new product development. It is entirely possible that Holley was focused on putting more time, money, and energy into their HP and Dominator systems. I suspect the profit margins for the Sniper system is not very attractive, but they have to offer it in order to stay competitive in that market segment.

The Atomic EFI is an MSD product and I suspect the Sniper might share something with that system, but this is purely conjecture.

You keep making comments as if there is some nefarious plan at play here, when in reality this is all part of what happens in business when multiple companies simultaneously pursue similar market segments.

I can just as easily make a statement that FiTech saw an opportunity in the market and copied Holley. It is well documented that Holley had TB EFI systems as early as 1991. I know, because I had one installed on my GTO. Holley also had TB systems that used their old Commander 950 ECU way before FiTech. So what?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Nothing odd about it. Companies have limited resources to devote to new product development. It is entirely possible that Holley was focused on putting more time, money, and energy into their HP and Dominator systems. I suspect the profit margins for the Sniper system is not very attractive, but they have to offer it in order to stay competitive in that market segment.

The Atomic EFI is an MSD product and I suspect the Sniper might share something with that system, but this is purely conjecture.

You keep making comments as if there is some nefarious plan at play here, when in reality this is all part of what happens in business when multiple companies simultaneously pursue similar market segments.

I can just as easily make a statement that FiTech saw an opportunity in the market and copied Holley. It is well documented that Holley had TB EFI systems as early as 1991. I know, because I had one installed on my GTO. Holley also had TB systems that used their old Commander 950 ECU way before FiTech. So what?

Andrew
      Nothing nefarious Andrew. I don't see how anyone could make the statement FiTech copied Holley when Holley did not have an existing system of this configuration. Offering a system which makes your previous offerings obsolete not to mention undercutting them in price by nearly half appears to be a poor business tactic. Again, I would welcome any information on why anyone would consider the purchase of an Atomic or similar system over the FiTech or upcoming Sniper.

....I don't see how anyone could make the statement FiTech copied Holley when Holley did not have an existing system of this configuration.....
      What configuration exactly are you talking about? The Terminator TB systems have been around for years. They cost more because they use the awesome HP ECU. The HP is more versatile and if at some point a person wanted to go from TB to multi-point, full sequential, they can do so by adding the appropriate hardware and using the right wiring harness.

The FiTech ECU does not need to be very advanced. In a TB system all of the injectors are fired simultaneously. Given the advancement in computer technology such an ECU can probably be the size of a match box, which it probably is, since it is housed inside a cavity inside the TB.

I am not advocating one system over another, since I have no first hand experience with any of them. In fact, I said more options are always better for the consumer. It forced companies to continue to innovate and to cut costs.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

What configuration exactly are you talking about? The Terminator TB systems have been around for years. They cost more because they use the awesome HP ECU. The HP is more versatile and if at some point a person wanted to go from TB to multi-point, full sequential, they can do so by adding the appropriate hardware and using the right wiring harness.

The configuration I am speaking of is the current design of the FiTech and upcoming Sniper. I don't see the upgrade path for any of these systems beyond what they are already.

The FiTech ECU does not need to be very advanced. In a TB system all of the injectors are fired simultaneously. Given the advancement in computer technology such an ECU can probably be the size of a match box, which it probably is, since it is housed inside a cavity inside the TB.

I don't understand the benefit of anything sequential with these designs...one would have to gut the units and just use for airflow to utilize and re-plumb for direct port injection.

I am not advocating one system over another, since I have no first hand experience with any of them. In fact, I said more options are always better for the consumer. It forced companies to continue to innovate and to cut costs.

Nor am I advocating one over another...just trying to understand why the consumer would choose A Terminator or Atomic over a FiTech or Sniper. I do understand the ability of the Terminator's ecu in being able to further tweak settings with a laptop, but I question it's value overall in the grand scheme of things.
      Andrew

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com