Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Country Flag: Australia
      Windows you are making me want a truck.
      The lines on the body of this are awesome....and that grille.... They sure don't make them like they used to. Keep chipping away at that list.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

Country Flag: United States
      When anybody will listen to me, I tell them there is 3 items that are important to the driver: the steering wheel, the dash, the top of the hood. I believe you're going to nail it. That dash is in my top 5 picks. I know that the steering wheel decision is made by the electronics but as long as the paint is right on the hood, I think you'll be very happy.

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Godbolt View Post
      Windows you are making me want a truck.
      The lines on the body of this are awesome....and that grille.... They sure don't make them like they used to. Keep chipping away at that list.
      Thanks Godbolt. Btw, how is the Mustang coming along? It is such an impressive build.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      When anybody will listen to me, I tell them there is 3 items that are important to the driver: the steering wheel, the dash, the top of the hood. I believe you're going to nail it. That dash is in my top 5 picks. I know that the steering wheel decision is made by the electronics but as long as the paint is right on the hood, I think you'll be very happy.
      Thank You, WFO. Are you putting any miles on the Ford?

I think I need one of these.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

How's the project coming? When you asked if I was driving the Ford, the answer was yes for awhile. If you check the build thread you will see it was blown apart for finishing this summer. I have almost 2400 miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      How's the project coming? When you asked if I was driving the Ford, the answer was yes for awhile. If you check the build thread you will see it was blown apart for finishing this summer. I have almost 2400 miles on it.
      Good to see you're making progress. I wish I was. Too many other things getting in the way. Building a hotrod golf cart being one of them.

Before

Haha! Looks cool, but nowhere near as cool as that truck of yours.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III

kart looks good.

Haha! Looks cool, but nowhere near as cool as that truck of yours.
      You're too kind God bolt. I have done a bit of bodywork and bought a set of SS headers, but little other progress.

Headers look good. I really do love the look of this truck and the work so far is outstanding.
      1966 Plymouth Fury III

Headers look good. I really do love the look of this truck and the work so far is outstanding.
      Thanks man. BTW, anything new on the bubbletop? I'm anxious to see that car come to life after seeing the awesome work you're doing on the Stang.

Anyone seen Pat lately? Not like him to be away this long.
      Now that the cart is finished and a host of other distractions, I may have time to get back to the 56.Name:  image1(8).jpg
Views: 651
Size:  272.4 KB

Are you running a stock length torque tube? I am doing something similar with a 56 Cameo but had the torque tube lengthened. Your engine looks further back than mine. I retained the stock C5 engine mounts on the front cradle.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Yes, I used the stock torque tube length. I used C6 front suspension, but not the aluminum cradle. And built frame mounted motor mounts. Hopefully I'll get back to work on it soon. I haven't touched it in a couple of years. Been too busy with other things. Plus the naggin' waggin' has a list as long as your arm.

Would like to see your truck, but the doesn’t seem to be a live link.

I waiting to see how you do the pedals. That was the biggest problem with my C6 57 Pickup and I used a front mount transmission.

Exhibit A
      Name:  l-9.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  253.5 KB

Driver placement has stopped me from doing any other C5/6/7 stuff really. That and the added cost of all the other stuff you'd need to change to make them work properly.
      Click here for my build thread
      Dad's Down and Dirty
      http://www.nerdrods.com
      @NerdRods - Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by rat_rod_russell View Post
      I waiting to see how you do the pedals. That was the biggest problem with my C6 57 Pickup and I used a front mount transmission.

Exhibit A

Driver placement has stopped me from doing any other C5/6/7 stuff really. That and the added cost of all the other stuff you'd need to change to make them work properly.
      I used a set of 5th gen Z28 exhaust tri-y exhaust manifolds which let me use the Progressive Automotive brake pedal assembly. They tuck very close to the head. Only had to move the pedal over 1/4 inch. Using C5 cradles and torque tube. It’s an auto so no clutch pedal.

Don

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by rat_rod_russell View Post

Exhibit A

Super cool chassis
      This may be dumb question but I see turbos a loooong way from the intake.
      What about lag?? It could be glacial in turbo time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      I used a set of 5th gen Z28 exhaust tri-y exhaust manifolds which let me use the Progressive Automotive brake pedal assembly. They tuck very close to the head. Only had to move the pedal over 1/4 inch. Using C5 cradles and torque tube. It’s an auto so no clutch pedal.

Don
      Gotcha, Auto makes that much easier for sure. Its also easier on the driveshaft. I'm just a hard ass about driving position now so foot box room is always a consideration now to make that happen. I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by camuchi View Post
      Super cool chassis
      This may be dumb question but I see turbos a loooong way from the intake.
      What about lag?? It could be glacial in turbo time?
      Have you ever had problems spinning the tires in first gear for any V8? Turbos or not? I can blow the 275's loose in my 5.3L Suburban in first if I feel like it with 5k lbs holding it to the ground.

Turbos were small to help spooling and get more area under the curve. And turbo lag is un-noticeable in V8 cars for the most part anyway. I was more concerned with keeping the CG as low in the car as possible. Power doesn't do you any good if you can't keep it in line through the corner. I wrote a small book about it in my forum post about that truck. ( https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Hot-Rod-Jim-s )

But I have centralized the turbo and other weight on my more recent projects.

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  162.8 KB

-Russell
      Click here for my build thread
      Dad's Down and Dirty
      http://www.nerdrods.com
      @NerdRods - Instagram

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com